Author Topic: The Nintendo Switch (Formerly NX) - March 2017  (Read 19643 times)

Re: The Nintendo Switch (Formerly NX) - March 2017
« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2017, 08:53:30 am »
I'm pretty hyped for everything except FIFA.

I nearly cried when I saw this  (T.T)

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/819792285088911360

I flipped my shit when they said Fire Emblem Warriors.  That is my most hyped game.  I want that more than I want BotW.

As uninteresting as so much stuff can be, I'm hyped for the system, same as I was hyped for the Wii and Wii U.  *shrug* I really really liked the Wii and Wii U.  But I dig the waggle wand.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 08:55:54 am by ignition365 »

Warmsignal

« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2017, 09:09:18 am »
So the presentation pretty much was disgraceful, imo. Looks like another under-powered party game system where they've payed off a few select devs to make some exclusive content for it later on. They're offering up nothing but a held back Wii U title at launch, and not much else from themselves on the horizon. Gradually, we'll come to the realization that 3rd parties aren't going to support this thing and then Nintendo might just withdraw from hardware finally. Disappointed, but not surprised.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 09:11:06 am by Warmsignal »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2017, 10:09:29 am »
So apparently ARMS doesn't require motion controls and you can play it with traditional buttons. Personally I can see this game being a good budget title.

rayne315

« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2017, 10:31:49 am »
so I didn't see the presentation and Nintendo's site has some conflicting information soooo.... What all are the release title?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

azure

« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2017, 11:27:45 am »
Lots of awesome reveals. Hope this system delivers. I never get a console day one so I'm eager to see how it turns out. After the new SMT and SUDA51 coming on stage I was sold.

« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2017, 11:59:13 am »
Remember this was mostly towards the Japanese audience so I imagine we'll heare more about sports ball at the tree house event today

And not just Japanese, but certainly almost more shareholders as there were a lot of suits in the audience and the audience was completely quiet lol.  Like they spent so long on 1 2 Switch and Arms, but didn't show off the trailer for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.  I think we'll get a more proper fun presentation soon, maybe middle of next month to build up hype for releases as things like Arms doesn't even have a date right now with Reggie and Bill and Miyamoto.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2017, 12:15:58 pm »
My Switch is preordered!

realpoketendonl

« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2017, 12:28:08 pm »
I am more hyped than ever for this thing now! I'm not pre-ordering one now, mainly because I have to save up money to go on vacation this summer, but I'm definitely planning on getting it in time for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe!
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2017, 12:39:15 pm »
Pre-ordered

« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2017, 01:13:40 pm »
Still hyped over here, as always.

My wife really likes how ARMS looks.  I think 1,2 Switch would be fun for kids and quick to play.  Fire Emblem Warriors has me all excited.  I'm hearing some rumors that BotW will run better on Wii U than Switch but that's based on some performance issues folks are noticing at the demos.  So much goodness going on.

Allegedly the Switch will be at PAX South in a few weeks, so I'm gonna have some fun.

telly

« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2017, 01:16:11 pm »
What did you guys think about the Super Mario Odyssey trailer? That game looks awesome!
Currently Playing:
Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch), Super Paper Mario (Wii)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #146 on: January 13, 2017, 01:17:26 pm »
What did you guys think about the Super Mario Odyssey trailer? That game looks awesome!
My wife didn't like the eyes on the hat and she thought that Mario in NYC with normal people was weird.

I think it looks like a good successor to SM64/Sunshine... but I also don't like Mario in NYC with normal people.

« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2017, 01:20:59 pm »
Also, to confirm some things if they weren't mentioned before.

Nintendo Online service is FREE from launch until Fall 2017, allows you to demo the service basically without having to pay.  Great opportunity for Nintendo to prove themselves.  No reason not to try if you have the console during that window.

Nintendo Online service will go paid, and will provide users with 1 NES or SNES game every month.  Presumably not your choice.  You WILL lose access to the game at the end of the month.  Basically a 30 day rental of a NES or SNES game.

There will be a Nintendo Direct next week on the 18th for Fire Emblem Warriors.

« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2017, 01:21:40 pm »
Looks pretty good. For me the launch line up isn't so important, but arguably the biggest titles: Zelda, Splatoon and Mario are well spaced out. Speaking of which, I am a lot more interested in Zelda after that trailer. Price isn't too bad at under £300, however the accessories are too expensive, especially the pro controller. Having to pay for online is a pain in the ass, especially for Splatoon, however the improvements could mean it's worth it, especially if it's cheaper than PS+ and XBL. It seems they're doing a decent job of appealing to everyone. Stuff like 1 2 Switch and Arms should make for good party games for families, FIFA for casual gamers, and stuff like Mario and Zelda for "hardcore" gamers. Battery life isn't TOO bad. Remember the lowest lifetime is for the most demanding games, and a lot of the time you'll probably be able to make it to a charging point before it runs out.

I very much doubt I'll get it any time near launch, but I am interested.

« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2017, 01:23:51 pm »

Gameplay wise it looks really good, feels like the big 3D Mario games we've been waiting for. Also the levels themselves look beautiful. However I'm not a fan of the realistic setting, which looks to be a hub world. Also the graphics don't look great, it feels like a fan made project in Unreal.