Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 252022 times)

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #1155 on: January 09, 2016, 09:44:35 am »
  Hello! Retro gamer living in Japan. I am originally from New York. My collection thus far includes games from Famicom, Super Famicom, GB, GBA, Virtual Boy (Finally found one boxed, working, and at a good price), Sega Genesis, SS, PCE(turbo gfx), Playstation, and Playstation 2. I do have games after that and play current gen as well but wont include those (everything non xbox basically). Since I live in Japan obviously my collection is all Japanese releases! Although I do have my old SNES games and such back home but thats all boxed up in NY :(.

Hope to start adding my collection to the database soon which is going to take a long time! My famicom collection is probably my largest collection but I find more for super famicom and ps2 more now a days. Sifting through the same pachinko games and repeats got tiring for famicom haha.

If there are any other collectors based here in Japan let me know =D 宜しくお願いします!
I envy you, living in Japan  ;D Can't wait to see your collection.

Welcome to the forums!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1156 on: January 09, 2016, 01:28:19 pm »
  Hello! Retro gamer living in Japan. I am originally from New York. My collection thus far includes games from Famicom, Super Famicom, GB, GBA, Virtual Boy (Finally found one boxed, working, and at a good price), Sega Genesis, SS, PCE(turbo gfx), Playstation, and Playstation 2. I do have games after that and play current gen as well but wont include those (everything non xbox basically). Since I live in Japan obviously my collection is all Japanese releases! Although I do have my old SNES games and such back home but thats all boxed up in NY :(.

Hope to start adding my collection to the database soon which is going to take a long time! My famicom collection is probably my largest collection but I find more for super famicom and ps2 more now a days. Sifting through the same pachinko games and repeats got tiring for famicom haha.

Welcome to VGC!

Beware of the Soera!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

karyann

« Reply #1157 on: January 11, 2016, 06:22:41 pm »

Welcome aboard! We don't have many collectors living in Japan as far as I know, so you will probably own a lot of items not currently in the database.  :) I can't wait to see your collection!

soera

« Reply #1158 on: January 12, 2016, 12:20:18 am »

Welcome to VGC!

Worship the Soera!

« Reply #1159 on: January 12, 2016, 04:33:13 pm »
Hey there,

My name's Ben.  Been playing games for about 21 years now and there's no end in sight.  Born and raised in Rhode Island, still living here today.  I'm sure i'm in the same boat as some of you when I say i sold my collection when I was younger without thinking twice about it.  Now, for the past year or so i've been trying to rebuild my collection of old games (everything pre 2005.)  Making decent progress, but this site will definitely help.  Glad to join.

kashell

« Reply #1160 on: January 12, 2016, 05:22:06 pm »
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here!

pacpix

« Reply #1161 on: January 12, 2016, 05:31:27 pm »
Welcome to VGCollect Ben! :)
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #1162 on: January 31, 2016, 12:11:24 am »
hello to everybody on this site. I have been new to this site for about a few days now, after I decided to start cataloging all my games collection that keeps on growing (Currently at 632 games). I currently live in Maryland and I am currently 25 years old. I have been playing video games since I was little, but only got started collecting since 2012. I currently have in my possession a Super famicom, SNES, N64, PSX (english and japanese), GB, GBA, PS2 (english and japanese), GameCube, Dreamcast, Wii, Ps3, Nintendo ds, PSP, Nintendo 3ds, and a wii u.   

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1163 on: January 31, 2016, 01:45:20 am »
hello to everybody on this site. I have been new to this site for about a few days now, after I decided to start cataloging all my games collection that keeps on growing (Currently at 632 games). I currently live in Maryland and I am currently 25 years old. I have been playing video games since I was little, but only got started collecting since 2012. I currently have in my possession a Super famicom, SNES, N64, PSX (english and japanese), GB, GBA, PS2 (english and japanese), GameCube, Dreamcast, Wii, Ps3, Nintendo ds, PSP, Nintendo 3ds, and a wii u.

Welcome ! Hope you enjoy the site and become a regular poster.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1164 on: January 31, 2016, 08:19:54 am »
Welcome new folks!

Now for the obligatory

BEWARE of The SOERA._._.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

romanticore

« Reply #1165 on: February 03, 2016, 10:40:17 am »
Dear vgcollectors!

My name is David and I used to be more of a hardcore gamer. Nowadays, I seldom find the time to play games at all... so I've mostly turned toward collecting games I'd like to play in the future. As a father, most of my spare time is consumed together with my two year old daughter. I'm born in Stockholm but I've spent most of my life in the northern parts of Sweden. I currently reside in Umeå, home of Refused and Meshuggah.

I missed the whole DS era, so that's something I first set out to change when I started collecting (again). Now I've turned toward japanese releases of games that I've enjoyed in the past. In the future I'd like to pick up a PS Vita and a new 3DS.

Oh... and I'd love to get my hands on a complete PAL Kid Icarus short box for the NES... and the Metroid / Kid Icarus split 7" vinyl single!

Thank you for the opportunity to be a member of such a fine forum!
Currently Playing:
Chrono Trigger (DS)

kashell

« Reply #1166 on: February 06, 2016, 03:34:07 pm »
Hey there, romanticore! Welcome aboard; happy to have you.

karyann

« Reply #1167 on: February 07, 2016, 03:13:14 pm »
Dear vgcollectors!

My name is David and I used to be more of a hardcore gamer. Nowadays, I seldom find the time to play games at all... so I've mostly turned toward collecting games I'd like to play in the future. As a father, most of my spare time is consumed together with my two year old daughter. I'm born in Stockholm but I've spent most of my life in the northern parts of Sweden. I currently reside in Umeå, home of Refused and Meshuggah.

I missed the whole DS era, so that's something I first set out to change when I started collecting (again). Now I've turned toward japanese releases of games that I've enjoyed in the past. In the future I'd like to pick up a PS Vita and a new 3DS.

Oh... and I'd love to get my hands on a complete PAL Kid Icarus short box for the NES... and the Metroid / Kid Icarus split 7" vinyl single!

Thank you for the opportunity to be a member of such a fine forum!

Welcome aboard! I've seen your username pop in edit queues, glad to see you're joining the community side of things too :)

abe

« Reply #1168 on: February 07, 2016, 04:04:45 pm »
Welcome! Enjoy your stay.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

shfan

« Reply #1169 on: February 19, 2016, 10:36:16 am »
I've been here a few weeks now, I think, and finally managed to get over the 1000 items listed on VG Collect point last night.

I'm British, have been gaming for 30 years and have been collecting for at least 20, on and off, after having a massive clearout several years ago I have mostly replaced what I foolishly sold or traded away and have built on the collection even further, having above 2000 individually boxed video games from the typical 8-bit and 16-bit home computers which dominated the gaming scene in the UK during the 80s and early 90s through to PC games of all ages and consoles/games from the NES/Master System through to current-gen systems. The collection also contains several strategy guides and a smattering of soundtracks and promotional art books.

I'm old fashioned and consider games that don't come on physical media to be un-owned, so the long overdue re-emergence of console budget games and indie titles offering physical releases is extremely welcome.

My main goals as of now are filling up gaps in the collection from the PS2, DS, PS3 and 360 libraries while picking up random retro games of interest, particularly PC games. I don't go for full sets, only games I would actually play, which typically fall into the action and RPG side of things and away from deep strategy or sports. I rarely pay anything more than a few pounds for an individual game unless it's a modern title or I've used finds to trade with retailers - I like 'the hunt' and hate the idea of paying market price for games.

Yeah, so hi guys, looking forward to chatting and rifling through your collections :D