Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 250822 times)

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #240 on: October 09, 2012, 09:42:09 am »
Hwody. 

I've been looking for something to catalog my collection for a while, so I was excited to com across vgcollect.  I'm about half way through adding my collection.  When I discovered ebay in 1999 I went on a purchasing spree, that is where most of my hardware came from.  Sense then I usually just buy games I want to play.  My boys (10 and 8 ) like to hit the pawn shops with me hunting for new games. I tend to prefer cartage based system, for me there is more nostalgia in the cartridges than in CDs and digital downloads (although I have plenty of those too). My favorite systems are probably 5200, NES, Genesis, N64 (those are the ones I  had when I was younger, so of course I like those ones). I also have a pretty sweet Mame cabinet (if I do say so myself) I built about 8 years ago. I love to see the kids (and their dads) reaction when they see it.

Look at me, I'm rambling...

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #241 on: October 09, 2012, 09:55:49 am »
Hwody. 

I've been looking for something to catalog my collection for a while, so I was excited to com across vgcollect.  I'm about half way through adding my collection.  When I discovered ebay in 1999 I went on a purchasing spree, that is where most of my hardware came from.  Sense then I usually just buy games I want to play.  My boys (10 and 8 ) like to hit the pawn shops with me hunting for new games. I tend to prefer cartage based system, for me there is more nostalgia in the cartridges than in CDs and digital downloads (although I have plenty of those too). My favorite systems are probably 5200, NES, Genesis, N64 (those are the ones I  had when I was younger, so of course I like those ones). I also have a pretty sweet Mame cabinet (if I do say so myself) I built about 8 years ago. I love to see the kids (and their dads) reaction when they see it.

Look at me, I'm rambling...

...And *another* big & hearty:
"Welcome to the site"!
for you, too :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

htimreimer

« Reply #242 on: October 09, 2012, 10:42:26 am »
Welcome bernieberg

« Reply #243 on: October 09, 2012, 10:53:37 am »
Welcome to our club, bernieberg!

jcalder8

« Reply #244 on: October 09, 2012, 01:16:18 pm »
Welcome to the site midnightaaron and bernieberg

thecollector0o7

« Reply #245 on: October 10, 2012, 12:13:48 am »
Hey Im Alec,
I had an account on here but forgot the email I used. So Ive been spending all day adding my collection but im not done yet.
I collect anything and everything video games. I also Build Arcade machines in my spare time.

Anyhow nice to meet you.

jcalder8

« Reply #246 on: October 10, 2012, 01:07:31 am »
Welcome to the site thecollector0o7.

Do you build the machines from scratch?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #247 on: October 10, 2012, 08:15:15 am »
Hey Im Alec,
I had an account on here but forgot the email I used. So Ive been spending all day adding my collection but im not done yet.
I collect anything and everything video games. I also Build Arcade machines in my spare time.

Anyhow nice to meet you.

Yes, welcome to the site, Alec!

scott

« Reply #248 on: October 10, 2012, 10:48:44 am »
Welcome to the site (insert names of all the new folks I've missed)! Always glad to see new faces on the forums, you'll find a lot of folks on here are pretty friendly.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

thecollector0o7

« Reply #249 on: October 10, 2012, 11:03:19 am »

Yup I build them from the ground up and never make two of the same. and thanks guys this site is awesome.

scott

« Reply #250 on: October 10, 2012, 12:25:31 pm »

Yup I build them from the ground up and never make two of the same. and thanks guys this site is awesome.

Nice to see another arcade builder. I've also built my own arcade machine. And I have a bar top and another in the works!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

cloggedone

« Reply #251 on: October 10, 2012, 12:34:05 pm »
Hello, I'm Cloggedone. I know about this site through 2 of my online friends who go here, one going under the name "exonerator", and I forget what my other friend goes under. I am interested into anime, videogames, the internet, and computers. My favorite anime is Naruto or Bleach, depending on what point you want to take. I like mostly simulation games, I'm addicted to playing SimCity 4 (yeah I'm addicted to a near 10 year old game LOL). If you have any good games to suggest, tell me! :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #252 on: October 10, 2012, 01:01:36 pm »
Hello, I'm Cloggedone. I know about this site through 2 of my online friends who go here, one going under the name "exonerator", and I forget what my other friend goes under. I am interested into anime, videogames, the internet, and computers. My favorite anime is Naruto or Bleach, depending on what point you want to take. I like mostly simulation games, I'm addicted to playing SimCity 4 (yeah I'm addicted to a near 10 year old game LOL). If you have any good games to suggest, tell me! :D

Welcome, cloggedone!

thecollector0o7

« Reply #253 on: October 10, 2012, 01:11:37 pm »

Nice to see another arcade builder. I've also built my own arcade machine. And I have a bar top and another in the works!

Sick, I have built little bar tops before they are cool, Ive always wanted to build a cocktail though :P Ill get around to it one day. lmao

« Reply #254 on: October 12, 2012, 09:51:33 am »
Hello everybody,

New to the site and wanted to introduce myself.  I've been a big video game fan ever since playing Super Mario Bros. on my brothers Nintendo and have been playing ever since.  Currently I only have my PS3 since my other systems and games are in my parents attic somewhere and I haven't dug them out.