Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 246930 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #255 on: October 12, 2012, 10:02:28 am »
Welcome to the site, dkdrum!

I'm usually playing on my ps3, too.
What kinds of games/genres are you into?

My PSN is the same as my user-name here
(disgaeniac), btw...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #256 on: October 12, 2012, 10:08:30 am »
Welcome to the site, dkdrum!

I'm usually playing on my ps3, too.
What kinds of games/genres are you into?

My PSN is the same as my user-name here
(disgaeniac), btw...

I'll play pretty much anything but lately I've been playing a lot of action games and a couple of wrestling games.

scott

« Reply #257 on: October 12, 2012, 10:18:43 am »
Welcome to the site thecollector0o7.

Do you build the machines from scratch?

Nice to see another arcade builder. I've also built my own arcade machine. And I have a bar top and another in the works!

Sick, I have built little bar tops before they are cool, Ive always wanted to build a cocktail though :P Ill get around to it one day. lmao

Oh ya, I've always wanted an authentic cocktail cab, and had my eyes on a Centipede one to do a restoration project on. But missed out on it. Instead, I've been working on this Centipede bartop off/on since late 2009. But haven't finished it (it's currently a shell with no paint). I have most of the parts for it, but hit a snag with finding a screen (I need something like an 8" screen), and redoing the graphics from scratch.

Have you posted any of your builds over at the BYOAC forums? I posted both the SHMUP cab and the Centipede Bartop's build logs there and the community over there is really enthusiastic and helpful. I received a lot of guidance and tips from folks over there.

Hello everybody,

New to the site and wanted to introduce myself.  I've been a big video game fan ever since playing Super Mario Bros. on my brothers Nintendo and have been playing ever since.  Currently I only have my PS3 since my other systems and games are in my parents attic somewhere and I haven't dug them out.

Welcome to the site dkdrum!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 10:22:01 am by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

htimreimer

« Reply #258 on: October 12, 2012, 10:42:18 am »
Hello everybody,

New to the site and wanted to introduce myself.  I've been a big video game fan ever since playing Super Mario Bros. on my brothers Nintendo and have been playing ever since.  Currently I only have my PS3 since my other systems and games are in my parents attic somewhere and I haven't dug them out.
Welcome dkdrum

« Reply #259 on: October 12, 2012, 02:23:38 pm »
Welcome, dkdrum! :D

jcalder8

« Reply #260 on: October 12, 2012, 03:08:14 pm »
Welcome to the site dkdrum!

upondoom

« Reply #261 on: October 12, 2012, 04:42:29 pm »
Hi everybody,

Joined recently because I really loved the "collection" system the site has, while I was here I decided to stop by the forums for some discussion. I absolutely love the marketplace though I wish it was more active. I've been playing vidya since I was a wee little lad and started collecting just a few years ago (before I was that kid who couldn't stop shoving off all his least-played games to the nearest used video game store). Other than loving video games, I am also a huge fan of music, arguably more than video games, so that's why I decided to link my last.fm in my signature to maybe show off some of my taste. I am usually very sarcastic and make jokes in most of my posts, which tends to offend people for some reason, I guess it catches them off-guard and people think I'm serious. Oh well, you guys already hate me but I'm here to stay! (for now)

I play da video games and listen to da metalz.

Last.fm

desocietas

« Reply #262 on: October 12, 2012, 04:45:26 pm »
Hi everybody,

Joined recently because I really loved the "collection" system the site has, while I was here I decided to stop by the forums for some discussion. I absolutely love the marketplace though I wish it was more active. I've been playing vidya since I was a wee little lad and started collecting just a few years ago (before I was that kid who couldn't stop shoving off all his least-played games to the nearest used video game store). Other than loving video games, I am also a huge fan of music, arguably more than video games, so that's why I decided to link my last.fm in my signature to maybe show off some of my taste. I am usually very sarcastic and make jokes in most of my posts, which tends to offend people for some reason, I guess it catches them off-guard and people think I'm serious. Oh well, you guys already hate me but I'm here to stay! (for now)

Welcome!  Sarcasm and jokes are not amiss in these forums as far as I know ;D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #263 on: October 12, 2012, 05:21:57 pm »
Hi everybody,

Shit, I love me some sarcasm, too!

See...

Now this was a decent (and unoffensive:) post.

Might have worked-out a little better for ya' if you'd made your nice & informative "Intro post", oh...I dunno...maybe BEFORE saying that a game (that others here likely enjoy & bought) is a piece-of-shit...not even worth $2.00 - And/Or
BEFORE your post calling one of our regular & long-time members here a "faggot"...

Just some food for thought...maybe it will help you w/ making "1st impressions" in the future  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #264 on: October 12, 2012, 05:53:46 pm »
Hi. I'm Toybatsu. I used to go by GreasyLazor until my brother stole that alias to play that really shitty game Minecraft.
I like anime and video games. Upondoom is one of my best friends and he calls me a weeb all of the time because I suppose I kind of do obsess over Japanese games. 

My favorite game genres are RPG's and Survival Horror. I'm currently playing Fate/Extra, Phantasy Star Online 2 and Persona 4 (second playthrough). I also have been giving Siren a shot every once in a while but it isn't really grasping my interest.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 05:55:34 pm by toybatsu »

desocietas

« Reply #265 on: October 12, 2012, 06:07:55 pm »
Hi. I'm Toybatsu. I used to go by GreasyLazor until my brother stole that alias to play that really shitty game Minecraft.
I like anime and video games. Upondoom is one of my best friends and he calls me a weeb all of the time because I suppose I kind of do obsess over Japanese games. 

My favorite game genres are RPG's and Survival Horror. I'm currently playing Fate/Extra, Phantasy Star Online 2 and Persona 4 (second playthrough). I also have been giving Siren a shot every once in a while but it isn't really grasping my interest.

Welcome!  How is PSO2 so far?  I dug the first one and the portable versions were ok.  Persona 4 is awesome, too - I should try to replay that before Golden comes out (with the new character/love interest).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #266 on: October 12, 2012, 06:11:55 pm »

Welcome!  How is PSO2 so far?  I dug the first one and the portable versions were ok.  Persona 4 is awesome, too - I should try to replay that before Golden comes out (with the new character/love interest).

PSO2 is really good. The fact that it's free to play and that the cash shop players have no advantage is a very good thing too. The boss battles can get pretty intense and the combat is always fast paced. Honestly, it's one of the best MMO's I've ever played. It reminds me a lot of Monster Hunter.

desocietas

« Reply #267 on: October 12, 2012, 06:26:35 pm »

PSO2 is really good. The fact that it's free to play and that the cash shop players have no advantage is a very good thing too. The boss battles can get pretty intense and the combat is always fast paced. Honestly, it's one of the best MMO's I've ever played. It reminds me a lot of Monster Hunter.

I've been looking forward to it since it was announced... But I guess I'll have to wait until next year to get it properly (can't read Japanese).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #268 on: October 12, 2012, 06:33:37 pm »

I've been looking forward to it since it was announced... But I guess I'll have to wait until next year to get it properly (can't read Japanese).
There's an English patch. :P

matt

« Reply #269 on: October 12, 2012, 06:47:47 pm »
Welcome new users to our fun, happy site! Please don't be a turd.

Sincerely - your fearless leader,
Matt