Author Topic: Intro thread  (Read 246896 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: Intro thread
« Reply #1080 on: February 27, 2015, 02:39:37 am »
Welcome to all the new guys!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1081 on: February 27, 2015, 08:49:42 am »
I'll come down in a couple of daze... ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

gio

« Reply #1082 on: March 01, 2015, 03:25:30 am »
Hi everyone! Signed up as soon as I found this website. It's nice to be around other collectors, since I don't know anyone here in my country. I started buying games 2 months ago and I hope to keep going for years to come.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1083 on: March 01, 2015, 05:55:26 am »
Hi Gio, welcome to VG. Which country are you from?

gio

« Reply #1084 on: March 01, 2015, 06:11:39 am »
The Philippines! Much harder to find games here. Our Gamestop equivalent jacks up the prices quite a bit so I mostly rely on secondhand sellers.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 06:13:52 am by gio »

mrnikon

« Reply #1085 on: March 01, 2015, 09:41:05 am »
Welcome to the fun Gio!

« Reply #1086 on: March 05, 2015, 09:51:56 pm »
Hello Everyone,

I just joined the site.  I'll start by saying a little bit about myself. My name is Richie and  I have always loved video games and am a computer science major at the University of Wisconsin.  Before that I was in the Army.  When I left for the Army, my video game collection was stolen out of storage while I was in Iraq.  So needless to say, I missed out on any opportunity to amass a great collection by paying below current market value.  My favorite system is PS1, but I just started delving into Dreamcast collecting! (How did I completely miss this console?)  I am an avid RPG lover, and once I get a chance to add my entire collection to the database, you will see that.  Also a big SCHMUP fan.  Anyways, I don't want ramble on, just wanted to introduce myself and get to know everyone in the community. 

Thanks,
Richie

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1087 on: March 05, 2015, 09:58:01 pm »
Welcome Richie! and thank you for your service!

Too bad about your stuff being stolen.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #1088 on: March 05, 2015, 10:35:11 pm »
Just introduced myself in another thread, so here is the link to that. 

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,5965.0.html

pacpix

« Reply #1089 on: March 05, 2015, 10:37:36 pm »
Just introduced myself in another thread, so here is the link to that. 

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,5965.0.html

Just merged it into this thread as you were posting here.  Welcome to the site!  :)
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #1090 on: March 05, 2015, 10:40:16 pm »
Thanks, I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone and finding another median to boost my collection / share the wealth. 

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1091 on: March 06, 2015, 12:57:57 am »
As with fighterpilot562...  Thank you for your service!  Also:

My favorite system is PS1, but I just started delving into Dreamcast collecting! (How did I completely miss this console?)  I am an avid RPG lover, and once I get a chance to add my entire collection to the database, you will see that.

Awesome!  Would also be interested to know what you're thinking of adding to your collection.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1092 on: March 06, 2015, 06:40:32 am »
Hello Everyone,

I just joined the site.  I'll start by saying a little bit about myself. My name is Richie and  I have always loved video games and am a computer science major at the University of Wisconsin.  Before that I was in the Army.  When I left for the Army, my video game collection was stolen out of storage while I was in Iraq.  So needless to say, I missed out on any opportunity to amass a great collection by paying below current market value.  My favorite system is PS1, but I just started delving into Dreamcast collecting! (How did I completely miss this console?)  I am an avid RPG lover, and once I get a chance to add my entire collection to the database, you will see that.  Also a big SCHMUP fan.  Anyways, I don't want ramble on, just wanted to introduce myself and get to know everyone in the community. 

Thanks,
Richie

A.  Welcome to VGC  ;D

B.  Lots of us PS & RPG fans here  ;)

C.  Sorry about your collection  >:(

D.  Beware of and avoid the soera :o :P

E.  Coming from grandfathers in both the Bataan Death March, & WW II, my dad in the Tet Offensive, and a long, long, line of military family members...

thanks for your service,

kenny
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #1093 on: March 06, 2015, 09:03:16 am »
Hello Everyone,

Thanks,
Richie

A.  Welcome to VGC  ;D I will second this

B.  Lots of us PS & RPG fans here  ;) I will second this also!!

C.  Sorry about your collection  >:( I never had my collection stolen, just tossed away or sold out from under me while I was at work so I understand your pain. Starting over sucks.

D.  Beware of and avoid the soera :o :P The SOERA is the greatest thing ever!!! Show it respect and offerings of cash/games and it will make your life so much better.

E.  Coming from grandfathers in both the Bataan Death March, & WW II, my dad in the Tet Offensive, and a long, long, line of military family members...

thanks for your service,

kenny

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1094 on: March 06, 2015, 10:02:58 am »
Hello Everyone,

Thanks,
Richie

A.  Welcome to VGC  ;D I will second this

B.  Lots of us PS & RPG fans here  ;) I will second this also!!

C.  Sorry about your collection  >:( I never had my collection stolen, just tossed away or sold out from under me while I was at work so I understand your pain. Starting over sucks.

D.  Beware of and avoid the soera :o :P The SOERA is the SECOND greatest thing ever!!! The Soera is and will always be inferior to TURF in every conceivable way   Show it respect and offerings of cash/games and it will make your life so much better.

thanks for your service,

kenny