Author Topic: January 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 11657 times)

desocietas

Re: January 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2017, 11:18:05 am »
This week's pick-ups

Very nice. I know some of those have skyrocketed in price lately.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2017, 01:04:24 pm »
Went to Pink Gorilla in Seattle to pick up the Super Bomberman 2 box my friend held on for me. Of course I can't go there without buying other things. So I got...
VF Kids
House of the Dead import
and Ganbare Goemon 2!

When I got home, my eBay order came in the mail waiting for me. My one and most likely only N-Gage game, WWE Aftershock. Got it for my wrestling collection. I don't have the device itself though so I won't be able to play it but whatever.
Good day for hunting!

You actually have an N-Gage? Wow. I've never seen one in person.

Have you played the Elder Scrolls games on it? Are they good? That's really the main reason I want one.

doafan

« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2017, 01:08:08 pm »
This past week purchased the disc of Super Mario Galaxy 2 for only $ 9 bucks at Mercado Libre where I didn't spent a single peso for the delivery because it was totally free even more cheaper than eBay or Amazon but it was kinda a risky situation because I purchased the game from a new seller with no reputation also added to my digital collection The Cave and Rayman Origins for the 360 and World of Van Helsing: Deathtrap for the Xbox One  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

Flashback2012

« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2017, 01:41:36 pm »
When I got home, my eBay order came in the mail waiting for me. My one and most likely only N-Gage game, WWE Aftershock. Got it for my wrestling collection. I don't have the device itself though so I won't be able to play it but whatever.

Have you played the Elder Scrolls games on it? Are they good? That's really the main reason I want one.

It says he doesn't have the device.  ;)

I have an original model N-Gage but it's buried in a box somewhere. I wish I had the QD instead as it's a PITA to swap games on the original model.  :P
Here's a playthrough video for ShadowKey...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CgxklAcWNg

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2017, 01:45:24 pm »
^ Sorry, just kind of skimmed the post.

« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2017, 04:55:32 pm »
Got these wii games off of craigslist for 1$ each:
Space Camp cib
Sonic and the Secret Rings cib
Ninja Bread Man cib
Create
Safecracker loose
My Sims Agents cib
Monster Trucks Mayhem
Line Rider 2 Unbound loose
Kawasaki Snowmobiles
lego Indiana Jones 2 loose
Epic Mickey 2 cib

retrogemcollector

« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2017, 12:30:16 am »

spac316

« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2017, 11:26:17 pm »

It says he doesn't have the device.  ;)

I have an original model N-Gage but it's buried in a box somewhere. I wish I had the QD instead as it's a PITA to swap games on the original model.  :P
Here's a playthrough video for ShadowKey...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CgxklAcWNg

If I could find one for cheap, I'll snag it.
Never was interested in one back in the day. I guess the device was sort of ahead of it's time. Current phones today can play games better.

shepard11

« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2017, 11:55:02 am »
I know I've been out of the conversations the last couple of months but the holidays and a new frickin car broke me so I have to pull back on my hobbies :(
But I did get a few items today.

NES:
TMNT II: The Arcade Game

Xbox:
Gun Valkyrie

kevininja

« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2017, 04:58:38 pm »
This week's pick-ups

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af249/battlefieldboy11/DSC_0032_zpsk3alhq8j.jpg

Very nice. I know some of those have skyrocketed in price lately.

Yeah, glad I got Gravity Rush Remastered for only 5 euros (with a giftcard) since that one has gotten crazy expensive. It's still pretty easy to get here in the Netherlands luckily.

thewelshman

« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2017, 09:46:15 pm »
I hope to use 2017 as my year to focus on my backlog, and only buy the games I REALLY want. I doubt that will happen, though.

PS4:
Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender DX (Limited Run Games)
OXENFREE (Limited Run Games)
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (Plus Season Pass)

DS:
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Dragon Quest IX

3DS:
Dragon Quest VII

PSN:
Metro Redux
This War is Mine: The Little Ones
Toejam and Earl
Rogue Galaxy
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:01:33 am by thewelshman »

anagar

« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2017, 10:58:33 pm »
PS1
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
PS4
Tales of Berseria
Wii
Cooking Mama: Cook Off
Gears of War: Judgment
Halo 3: ODST
Too Human
PSP
Sonic Rivals 2
DS
Naruto: Path of the Ninja 2
Orcs & Elves
Strategy Guide
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329

« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2017, 11:40:37 am »
yesterday I had a blast hanging out with a good friend who also happens to be a former collector and currently is a game developer. We ate curry chicken, played a lot of Dreamcast (via VGA to make it even better!) and MAME, and he TOTALLY hooked me up! He is currently paring down the remnants of his collection and gave me first dibs on stuff he was going to throw on ebay soon. As an added bonus he sold me all of the following for only $80!! I was in shock at the price! BTW, he is currently developing an amazing game that I will soon be promoting the hell out of when he launches a Kickstarter campaign for it, probably later this year. But here is what I went home with.

Note: the second pic is not the best quality, but it is a 20-inch LCD monitor that also has component, composite, S-video, and DVI video inputs on it. He through it in as a freebie. Works extremely well with retro games. I'm testing Marvel vs Capcom on it although it looks like the video in on the fritz in the pic lol

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 11:42:37 am by bikingjahuty »

sworddude

« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2017, 01:45:17 pm »
yesterday I had a blast hanging out with a good friend who also happens to be a former collector and currently is a game developer. We ate curry chicken, played a lot of Dreamcast (via VGA to make it even better!) and MAME, and he TOTALLY hooked me up! He is currently paring down the remnants of his collection and gave me first dibs on stuff he was going to throw on ebay soon. As an added bonus he sold me all of the following for only $80!! I was in shock at the price! BTW, he is currently developing an amazing game that I will soon be promoting the hell out of when he launches a Kickstarter campaign for it, probably later this year. But here is what I went home with.

I guess the amount was just a symbol not about the value a very nice gift indeed.

Besides if you have a nice job this amount ain't to much of an importance but it's a nice extra I'd say

Nice one on the raiden project, those first two games are full of nostalgia for me.

Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2017, 08:18:48 pm »

I guess the amount was just a symbol not about the value a very nice gift indeed.

Besides if you have a nice job this amount ain't to much of an importance but it's a nice extra I'd say

Nice one on the raiden project, those first two games are full of nostalgia for me.

He has always been a great friend, and during his collecting days we both would hook each other up quite a bit. I still feel like the debt is in my court though, and lucky for me him and his wife are really into manga and I just so happen to have a lot of it. They will be getting quite a few freebies next time we meet up.

I've been wanting Raiden Project for a long time, ever since I passed on it for $20 about 3 years ago and never have come across it since.

He still has some incredible stuff in his collection that I would love to buy off him someday, but for now he seems pretty content with holding onto what is left of it. He has all three Panzer Dragoon games on the Saturn and all the other NTSC-US Saturn RPGs, I don't expect him to ever let go of those though.