Author Topic: The little things..... that annoy the hell out of you.  (Read 5995 times)

ffxik

The little things..... that annoy the hell out of you.
« on: March 18, 2012, 01:02:01 am »
Long story short.  My wife and I went to my parents place to drop some Genesis games off for my brother, and a micro SD card that had pictures of our daughter for my mom.  Well my brother decided what games he wanted to borrow, and as we were getting ready to leave my wife realized that she left the case to the SD card in her purse, which was in the car.  ???  No worries right, she had an idea she took a piece of cella-tape and put on the card, and promptly slapped it across the label to my Shining in the Darkness game.  :o  I guess the back of the cart wasn't convenient or it was out to lunch or something, but geez.   So I know ya'll got'em too. May as well raise thy voice.    :D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 01:06:56 am by ffxik »

soera

Re: The little things..... that annoy the hell out of you.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 01:09:31 am »
Lol I can imagine how that would be annoying. I could see the other half doing something weird like that myself.

The little thing that annoys the hell out of me is cell phones. I swear Im the only person on the planet above the age of 10 that doesnt own one. I cant go anywhere hardly or do anything without seeing people texting/talking/whatever on their phones. What is all the obsession about? And the time/effort of technology wasted on phones blows my mind. I saw a commercial the other day for an app to allow you to close the door on your garage from miles away. Really? REALLY? Couldnt that time have been better spent curing diseases or something?

jcalder8

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 01:29:58 am »
@ffxik, that really sucks! I know my wife wouldn't do that since she is just as careful with the games as I am.

@soera, people texting or surfing the net or gaming on their cell phone doesn't bother me but when someone is talking on it when I can hear them pisses me off. I don't care who you are the call is not that important so shut up and stop bothering those around you.

For me it's people who say "Anyone" on a forum such as: Does anyone know this game? Yes, someone somewhere does know the game you are looking for. If nothing else someone wrote it so at least one person knows the game!

ffxik

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 01:54:50 am »
@jcalder8  I'm pushing 30, I still don't own one.  As far as they goYes I have my problems with them too.  Like when someone is talking on one, and oh I dunno, driving!  Another would be just today I seen a mother and daughter standing side by side texting...., each other...  The art of verbal comunication is quickly becomming a thing of the past.

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 02:34:25 am »
@soera I have a cell phone and was quite attached to it for awhile, got over it though, and I can totally see how thats annoying, I think what annoys me more is when a friend asks me to hang out or go see a movie or something and as soon as I see them, almost instantly takes out their cell phone to text the entire night. I can understand if it's something important but come on whats the point in seeing someone to watch their head staring at a mini computer all night.

htimreimer

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 02:59:17 am »
@soera i agree when we have a new phobia because of mobile phones we have a problem and if you don't believe me look at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomophobia

for me the thing that annoys me is the transit system in any city

amauriel

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 12:20:09 am »
My husband and I are both techies, and we both rely on our smartphones for more than we should. But when we go out for dinner, I'm amazed at how many couples will not even speak to each other throughout the entire meal, because they are too busy staring at their phones or texting! We never pull our phones out when we are in a restaurant together (ok, maybe at fast food once in a while, but meh) as we are there to enjoy a nice meal and each other's company.

But I digress. My little thing that annoys the hell out of me is basic spelling and grammar and the lack of it in today's culture. I'm not asking for academic paper quality, I would just rather not see any numbers in the middle of my words (NE1 wanna meet l8tr?) or texting in a written paragraph. And I get extremely frustrated when I see the incorrect forms of to and too, their, there, and they're, here, and hear, etc.

I know that I've taken typing classes and that it's just as easy for me to spell things out than to try to figure out how to abbreviate, and that for others that may not be the case. I also know that everyone has typos once in a while, and I have no problem with a slip-up from a generally literate person. But when I have a Facebook message along the lines of "I seen u at the mall, y u no w8 4 me?" I may possibly be removing a friend from my list.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jcalder8

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 12:56:17 am »
@amauriel, when my wife and I go out for dinner we sometimes break out a smart phone so we can play monoply, checkers, life or some other board game while we wait but like you said we are there to spend time with each other.

General grammar errors bother me also and I really hate numbers where letters should be. Whenever I can I use correct grammar and punctuation.

soera

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 01:05:06 am »
General grammar errors bother me also and I really hate numbers where letters should be. Whenever I can I use correct grammar and punctuation.

I agree. I played Everquest for 12 years. The ability to properly type on MMOs is lost. I couldnt believe the way some people actually communicated.

amauriel

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 01:13:10 am »
@soera: The first thing I do in any MMO now is unsubscribe from General chat. I guess I had one too many "How I mine for fish?" for my liking.

And because I have an excuse to post it: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=155

soera

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 01:18:02 am »
I usually keep general chat on ... but lord, I never joined the general chat room. General chat in just one zone at a time isnt too bad ... when you got the entire new player population thats on at one time in one room .... pencils in eyeballs. So many "Can someone give me plat?" tells its unreal.

I also played DDO for about 6 months. It wasnt near as bad. Most of the people that played DDO appeared to be older and more mature/self sustaining.

jcalder8

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 12:24:22 am »
Another one is that the candy company calls the Halloween candy "Fun Size" That's not fun that's a bite. I think it would be fun if it was the size of a basketball!

ffxik

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 12:49:45 am »
Another one is that the candy company calls the Halloween candy "Fun Size" That's not fun that's a bite. I think it would be fun if it was the size of a basketball!

The small ones with the soft cores are awesome.  Especially if you have an unused syringe and a bottle of vanilla rum.  Makes a great party snack.  Don't give it to the kiddies.  :P

amauriel

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 04:47:10 am »

The small ones with the soft cores are awesome.  Especially if you have an unused syringe and a bottle of vanilla rum.  Makes a great party snack.  Don't give it to the kiddies.  :P

That sounds fantastic! I made Rummi Bears for New Years this year...we found that Passion Fruit rum worked the best, and that we all fought after the last few. But add chocolate to the mix, I just can't wait to try that one.

psydswipe

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 06:04:51 am »
I'm easily annoyed when it comes to noises and anything involving driving. At work my co-worker clips his nails and doesn't see a problem with it. That clipping noise is awful! So many bad drivers out there: speeding, weaving in and out of traffic, not signaling turns or lane changes, getting into turn lanes behind me before the lane has really begun, talking on the phone, etc. Then there is my neighborhood. Too many people with loud vehicles and loud car stereos. Then I've got the bus stops in front of my house ::) Kids seem to think my yard is their personal playground, I even caught a kid throwing his basketball off my roof, while talking on his cell phone. Don't today's kids learn any manners? Ok, grumpy old man rant over  ;)