Author Topic: Non black PS1 Disc?  (Read 11114 times)

Re: Non black PS1 Disc?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2023, 04:47:15 pm »
Actually, there is a "Greatest Hits" version of Spiderman
https://www.ebay.com/itm/404261426270?hash=item5e1fdbd45e:g:IEkAAOSwaOtkSIRz&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4EYUkF4Vj8ePpc8DzvjPMXovt03BEcq%2BttYWTTuauCm0TiAsXWJj3KXi8S9MrQYrMZq0LsIgHmUVJCHxtiUNWlm0uZTxMHOgO8i%2Bt2xAlJB6Gp47kygOGCgZGEUotDSRJqGv29PXRJLKMW4uDHD%2F3XV8RvzEOoL3MXifJeBE9DKZzYxayiKouV0QEAjYUSwE3lQZIl6IbK34bPsYTGmfyJbaGtqY6CsrKfEm95ZkNAaPIozTZJlm9aGzESek3X3DWkO7S6rO8xjtmsB9AXG%2FIiNEpKKfCu7C3voJULsZQgE1%7Ctkp%3ABFBMkIft0ohi
New here and don't know how to upload a picture, but, another thing is, it is a black disc. It's possible that it is a greatest hits version grey disc that the case got broken so the person just put it in a normal case they found.
Question, did you get it retail when it was on shelves.

dhaabi

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2023, 05:17:32 pm »
Welcome to the site!

If you are trying to search for Spider-Man Greatest Hits for PlayStation in our database, an entry for it already exists. I don't believe there are any disc color variants for this item, so the only disc should be black which can be confirmed by its SLUS-00875GH serial number. This is based on evidence from sites like MobyGames and Game-Rave.

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2023, 05:08:04 am »
hold horses I just found out about this thread this morning and remember that Gamestop as one such location and probably a ton of other places around the entire world, DO INDEED, burn fake copies of discs and somehow sometimes place a FAKE sticker on the top to make it look like to real copy of the disc. BUT? people can also do that with CD/DVD/ and even blu-ray discs. I did a ton of technical work in my lifetime BUT don't know everything there is to know about it. Sometimes people can also use a image top burner CD ROM and also burn the disc image into the top of the disc as well. THIS IS OLLLLLD technology possibly 2004 or older at least.

Doing this IS illegal unless you Do not sell your custom made disc. Just like fake chips in a cartridge? yup it can be done also with any kind of game musical CD or Movie you want to.

I just stick to ROMS from now on in any game I don't have, Most times though those games will NEVER run upon startup or will freeze upon playing them OR, in the boot process of the console games, at least

HP Pavilions came with a free image burner ROM and with a free Image Burner Disc sometimes, I know becuase I had one

I mean if want to you could even make your own ink LITTERLY for that TOP disc image, but good luck finding one of them legally
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 05:19:50 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

ferraroso

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2023, 07:24:35 pm »
remember that Gamestop as one such location and probably a ton of other places around the entire world, DO INDEED, burn fake copies of discs and somehow sometimes place a FAKE sticker on the top to make it look like to real copy of the disc.

Are you saying Gamestop manufactures and sells pirate games?

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2023, 12:45:41 pm »
they did so for many many many many years, not sure if still doing it though
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pzeke

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2023, 05:03:40 pm »
[...] remember that Gamestop as one such location and probably a ton of other places around the entire world, DO INDEED, burn fake copies of discs and somehow sometimes place a FAKE sticker on the top to make it look like to real copy of the disc.

they did so for many many many many years, not sure if still doing it though

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!