Author Topic: Your Opinion Of Golf Games  (Read 22470 times)

Your Opinion Of Golf Games
« on: December 02, 2017, 12:10:27 am »
Their is a ton of retro golf games some even being on the Atari 2600. to the NES to the Genesis/Mega Drive and onward. which ones hold a special part in your collection, or heart. Or do you even have or like any golf games? what is your main opinion on some you might have played?

Also try to explain which you like better playstation analog  or wii remote swing , or trueswing, or tri click or the 3 tap shot like in most golf games. my least favorite golf series is hot shots because of the 3 button timed tap swing method. I however LOVE the Analog or also known as trueswing method on PC or Mac.

Golf game are good for if you want to take a break from the hard and often fast paced video games that most of us enjoy, I think

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 10:06:56 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

topspot123

Re: Your Opinion Of Golf Games
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 12:36:42 am »
Well first, I'm sorry I don't have any additional information on golf games for the Wii other than mentioning that it returned on Wii Sports Resort with additional courses. 

I personally didn't like any golf games much until Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf on the NES.  It uses the 3 tap method and that is what I still favor to this day.  In my collection are a few of the Mario Golf games.  I don't play them much because they just aren't much fun in single player (compared to two player).  I find that after only a couple of rounds, I'm satisfied. 

I've never played real golf, but I am fascinated with seeing all of the ways game designers have tried to approach realism in the video game form.  I've tried games with analog swing control, but I didn't stick with it enough to develop a consistent touch.  In my collection I have both Real World Golf and Xavix Golf but I have yet to actually play either. 

When I want to scratch that golf itch, I actually prefer to play either Frisbee Golf on Wii Sports Resort, or Disc Golf on Sports Champions
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 12:38:50 am by topspot123 »

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 08:42:20 am »
For golf games that use motion control on the wii I think that the Tiger Woods Series after 10 use it and there is also We Love Golf which is basically a clone of the Mario Golf game on the Wii.  All of those are fairly cheap being sports games and all except for Tiger Woods 12 the Masters.

theflea

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 10:17:16 am »
nuff said.  ;)
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 10:22:20 am »
Their is a ton of retro golf games some even being on the Atari 2600. to the NES to the Genesis/Mega Drive and onward. which ones hold a special part in your collection, or heart. Or do you even have or like any golf games? what is your main opinion on some you might have played?

Also try to explain which you like better playstation analog  or wii remote swing , or trueswing, or tri click or the 3 tap shot like in most golf games. my least favorite golf series is hot shots because of the 3 button timed tap swing method. I however LOVE the Analog or also known as trueswing method on PC or Mac.

Golf game are good for if you want to take a break from the hard and often fast paced video games that most of us enjoy, I think

And for a little extra information, can anyone tell me a Wii golf game, that I can play golf just like in the wii sports title? Where you swing more realistic because I thought I heard that the tiger woods games for Wii don't work like the golf game included on the Wii sports disc. basically I want a Wii game that includes a real time swing feature. :) But I don't know which one to buy at the moment.

Super Swing Golf and SSG Season 2!

I had to turn off the swing, though. I kept slicing the shot. o.o

I'm not sure how accurate the swing stuff is, but you can play with or without, and both are $5 or less! I might see if you can Google search some info though, to be sure 1. the swing motion controls are up to par (HA! pun), and 2. that it's your cup of tea.

And hey, try more than one game if you can! Wii stuff is ridiculously cheap.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 10:24:10 am by fauxshot »

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 10:29:57 am »
But where do we stand on Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge?
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

telly

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 01:15:58 pm »
What about Putt Putt Goes to the Moon? That's a golf game right??
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

azure

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 02:28:38 pm »
What about Putt Putt Goes to the Moon? That's a golf game right??

I concur.

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 02:41:10 pm »
First off I want to thank you for your suggestions. I also want to know if I am creating too many threads I try to limit myself and just to remind you I am not trying to be a troll.

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

aliensstudios

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2017, 03:29:08 pm »

This is still the most played game on my Nintendo 3DS and there is still a ton I can do in it. Incredible game, better than the GameCube version even.
Other golf games I've played that are pretty good are Golf for NES, Power Golf for the TG-16 and golf in Wii Sports Club is creative and fun as well.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

dreama1

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 09:22:36 pm »
I do wonder if there's golf fanatic video game collector who has all the golf games ever made. And refuses to play any other type of video game.

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 10:52:41 am »
As a much younger version of my current self, I used to love playing World Class Leader Board on MS DOS.  Unfortunately my old 386 has since given up on living.  I have fallen a little in love with Neo Turf Masters for Neo Geo MVS.  My boyfriend and I play that one together once a while, and it's actually a great golf game.  I haven't dabbled in too many others, but if I had to choose, that one would be my favourite.

I'm very sorry that I don't have any Wii golf game information for you.   
Don't have negative thoughts. Remember your mantra.

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 10:11:23 pm »
I do wonder if there's golf fanatic video game collector who has all the golf games ever made. And refuses to play any other type of video game.

I can see that most of you don't like golf games, Ill be honest ::) I have just about every golf game made by EA. Plus many others, but my favorite is the EA sports series, and mostly the Tiger Woods franchise for PS2 and PS3. My grandma also hates the sport of golf claiming it as stupid, like whats the point some of you wounder? but believe it or not their are a lot of other people who like golf. ::) But I play other games too

I suppose it is kinda of stupid in Tiger woods series 2007 and further every time you hit the ball correctly and knock it in the hole you see and hear the crowd jumping up and down all cheering. and seeing the people in the hundreds all sitting on stands just waiting and anticipating for you to knock the ball past their seated position just so they can see how magnificent watching someone else play golf really is :D

hey I'll be honest I have watch part of a game before on tv but it is more fun to play both in real life or video game then to watch it. in my opinion
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:22:21 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 01:37:52 am »
funny enough I'm not a big sports game fan, but I have enjoyed most Golf games I've played, even more traditional ones like Golden Tee in the arcade. However, Mario Golf is the gold standard in my book.

tripredacus

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 10:50:37 am »
I only like golf games where you can disable the out of bounds, or lets you play in out of bounds. So my favorite is Microsoft Golf.