Author Topic: Your Opinion Of Golf Games  (Read 22453 times)

Re: Your Opinion Of Golf Games
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2019, 05:37:44 pm »
That golf game for the N64 DD to expensive.

hmm never heard of this one (does research)

"Japan Pro Golf Tour" for the Nintendo 64 sound to me like an extremely rare game there is none for sale on ebay but 5 people on this site own a copy according to the database currently and plus the Nintendo 64 DD is said to only be released in Japan. but Metal Jesus Rocks on YouTube has one I think.

PGA European Tour, and Mario Golf 64 are currently expensive but not as expensive golf games currently for the Nintendo 64

However "Waialae Country Club" for the N64 is usally a cheap golf game to obtain where I live

if you like a varity of golf games the PlayStation 1 and Sega Genesis have a bunch,
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 05:43:45 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

sworddude

« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2019, 07:51:47 am »
I'm more the kinda guy that likes the arcade style gold games

mario golf pretty much every version is fun. but the golden standard for me is neo turf masters.

Not to fond of the normal golf games.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2020, 08:51:01 pm »

"Japan Pro Golf Tour" for the Nintendo 64 sound to me like an extremely rare game there is none for sale on ebay but 5 people on this site own a copy according to the database currently and plus the Nintendo 64 DD is said to only be released in Japan. but Metal Jesus Rocks on YouTube has one I think.

PGA European Tour, and Mario Golf 64 are currently expensive but not as expensive golf games currently for the Nintendo 64

However "Waialae Country Club" for the N64 is usally a cheap golf game to obtain where I live

if you like a varity of golf games the PlayStation 1 and Sega Genesis have a bunch,

Going for a full set my dude. I need that game eventually.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2020, 03:47:36 am »

Going for a full set my dude. I need that game eventually.

I wish you the best of luck :) that game is just not for me in this lifetime

I have plenty of golf game alternatives to play in my collection

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Warmsignal

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2020, 09:58:46 pm »
I like miniature golf games, mostly. I'm interested in picking up Everybody's Golf for PS4, since I've noticed it's dropped to around $14 for a new copy.

pzeke

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2020, 06:52:07 pm »
They can be fun; I played Wii Sports Golf quite a bit, and I'm actually interested in getting Ribbit King.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2020, 11:32:07 pm »

Has anyone tried Tecmo World Golf for the PlayStation 1?  I don't see a lot of people have this game only 17 people have this listed in their collection on this site.

This game advertises having 101 real life Golf Courses that are from the country of Japan, and it's no lie, it really does.

However I'm not from Japan, and didn't know if there truly was 101 golf courses in real life Japan. But apparently according to my research there is a lot more golf courses in japan, than I though was even possible! for a country appearing so small on the world map.

as for this golf game well this game rocks, because you get to play on all the golf courses not found inside any other golf game! and the swing method is different then the tri-click or the tru-swing, instead the game has an entirely new and adaptable control method, you need to try this game to see it, because it's really great.

If you like golf, you might enjoy this game
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 11:34:59 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2020, 08:17:39 pm »
My favorite golf game is Pebble Beach Golf Links for the 3do not sure why but I always replay this one.Also even though Ribbit King is not a true golf game it is extremely fun.And lastly I don't have any golf recommendations for the Wll sorry.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 08:20:28 pm by wartoy »

« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2020, 02:50:21 am »
My favorite golf game is Pebble Beach Golf Links for the 3do not sure why but I always replay this one.Also even though Ribbit King is not a true golf game it is extremely fun.And lastly I don't have any golf recommendations for the Wll sorry.

No worry I don't think I'll be using my Wii anyway because I don't currently have a good setup. I'm tall and my television is down low, I can't even see the screen when I'm standing up. I do have Wii Sports, I now only prefer sit down golf games.

As for Pebble Beach Golf Links for the 3DO, I never played it, but I prefer golf games with more than one golf course, and the better graphics. I prefer PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, and Xbox Original golf games. I also like PlayStation 1 golf games, too. But i need to practice on my Genesis, and NES golf games

Oh yea. I forgot to mention, I did find and bought a copy of "Outlaw Golf 1" and "Outlaw Golf 2" at a local "Disc Replay" store.and even found Outlaw Golf 9 holes of Xmas for the original Xbox. I played a little of both Outlaw golf and outlaw golf 2 and they are hard for me since I'm not used to the controls yet.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 03:07:18 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2020, 10:20:21 am »
Speaking of motion controls, does anyone else know about the "Real World Golf Accessory" it's like a primitive earlier motion detection box for the PlayStation 2. I got this game and it's accessory a long time ago. I wish I could show this strange box with strings attached to black gloves, and plugs into any PlayStation 2 game console's USB port.

the 2nd photo in this database is supposed to be the accessory, but instead it only shows what the outside of the box might look like. Personally I prefer the wireless swing controls in Wii Sports, but this accessory came before the Nintendo Wii.

this device I'm talking about using strings for motion controls. and it's meant for people shorter then me. and smaller hands then me. You plug it into your PS2's USB port, and put this thing flat on the floor, you put the Velcro gloves with strings attached. and swing a short plastic golf club like the Wii accessory.

It's not great but it works. It also come with a foot petal to navigate through the games menus instead of using a standard PlayStation 2 controller

Both of these photos are 2  from separate entries in this sites database

here is a clearer picture of this accessory I don't want to post an image from another site to avoid stealing bandwidth

https://www.lukiegames.com/playstation-2-gametrak-system
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 10:37:53 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2020, 06:16:05 am »
I can take 'em or leave 'em tbh. They're not really my thing, but I'll play one every once in a blue moon.
*Side Note - In case you don't know what a blue moon is, here's a link to some info about them: https://www.space.com/15455-blue-moon.html
**Other Side Note - I actually thought the whole idea of blue moons were just part of the saying and not actually a real thing. I was wrong, they're very real, although also pretty infrequent. Again, I highly recommend reading the article the link sends you to.

astralsoul

« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2020, 12:09:54 am »
 I never liked golf games or golf in general. Mini golf sure. But actual real golf, no thanks. That is unless we're talking Mario Golf. Mario games tend to be the exception to every genre he dips his toe into.

« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2020, 03:16:00 am »
I never liked golf games or golf in general. Mini golf sure. But actual real golf, no thanks. That is unless we're talking Mario Golf. Mario games tend to be the exception to every genre he dips his toe into.

I can see why a lot of people don't like them, since most of them are vary difficult to master, in fact.

I don't like how most older golf game use the 3 button press timing method, but in the 1990-2001 that's all the technology was at that time, for most (console) golf video games

Back in 1997 the PlayStation 1 release of EA Sports PGA Tour 98 had the first analog joystick swing method. on the PlayStation 1 but, it took developers on the SONY consoles until the year 2003 to make it perfectly responsive.

In the year 2001, they had the joystick swing method mostly improved. with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2002 on PS2

But it was not completely perfect for 2 more years on consoles, (2003)  with the release of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 to get the analog joystick swing perfect.

I prefer the Analog Joystick for swinging the club, because it gives you a lot more interactive control over hitting the ball. Rather than calculating every swing and angle (calculus), and worrying about how you time your shots.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 03:40:28 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

pzeke

« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2020, 12:05:51 pm »
I actually neglected to mention in my original post that I once was invited by a colleague of mine to play golf, and I remember I literally let out a "pfft" to which he replied with "why?", and all I could say was, "man, I don't have the patience for that". His only response was, "touché".

Golf is truly one of those sports where you really have to like it, as in be born to play it; and is something to which I relate given the only sport that I like, other than wrestling, is bowling, which isn't really a particularly celebrated sport (at least not in the capacity that it was back in the 60s-80s).

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

brazbit

« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2020, 03:03:47 am »
I am rather ambivalent about golf games in general but several have been very good and few have been bad. My introduction would have been Golf on the Atari 2600 or Computer Golf! on the Magnavox Odyssey2.
My introduction to picking clubs and power meters was the Buick Dimensions https://archive.org/details/msdos_Buick_Dimensions_1990 demo disk that came in the mail in 1990. For a throw away game placed on a car demo disk it isn't half bad, give it a try.
These days my Golfing online is limited to the golf course in GTA Online. It is a surprisingly well done game of golf for being a mostly ignored mini-game tucked into a completely different style of game.