Author Topic: April 2018 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 5938 times)

sworddude

Re: April 2018 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2018, 01:10:44 pm »

GEN
I was at my local used game store and saw something among the loose Genesis carts that caught my eye.
- Blockbuster Game Factory Cart
It wasn't cheap but it was far less then one goes for online. I bought it and had to see if any game was on it and it's blank.
Oh well still a great piece of gaming history in my collection.

Years ago when I was relatively new to video game hunting and collecting in general, a local store owned by Go Hastings had the blue Blockbuster Game Factory cart just among their other Genesis cartridges, which at the time were all $5 regardless of title. I looked at it, wondered what the hell it was, and put it back on the shelf. it wasn't until shortly after when I researched it some more that I found out it was something truly rare, albeit not that remarkable, but still. That is one of those finds that I kick myself for looking back on it.

At least it doesn't hurt as much as missing out on Tetris on the Genesis for only $15, that one really, really hurt.

There was no tetris for the sega genesis only in japan for the megadrive

Not to mention that that game is so rare that there might be less than 10 copies around. if it really was a genesis version it was reproduction a fake not to mention considering the amount I highly doubt someone would have imported to the US if there would have been a small chance to find one somewhere randomly. it wasn;t even released so it's pretty much impossible for the normal man to get it unless you had connections with sega at the time. didn't even reach store shelves only some copies were made as an example before it would have been released.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 01:14:53 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2018, 02:45:48 pm »

GEN
I was at my local used game store and saw something among the loose Genesis carts that caught my eye.
It wasn't cheap but it was far less then one goes for online. I bought it and had to see if any game was on it and it's blank.

Years ago when I was relatively new to video game hunting and collecting in general, a local store owned by Go Hastings had the blue Blockbuster Game Factory cart just among their other Genesis cartridges, which at the time were all $5 regardless of title. I looked at it, wondered what the hell it was, and put it back on the shelf. it wasn't until shortly after when I researched it some more that I found out it was something truly rare, albeit not that remarkable, but still. That is one of those finds that I kick myself for looking back on it.

At least it doesn't hurt as much as missing out on Tetris on the Genesis for only $15, that one really, really hurt.

Not to mention that that game is so rare that there might be less than 10 copies around. if it really was a genesis version it was reproduction a fake not to mention considering the amount I highly doubt someone would have imported to the US if there would have been a small chance to find one somewhere randomly. it wasn;t even released so it's pretty much impossible for the normal man to get it unless you had connections with sega at the time. didn't even reach store shelves only some copies were made as an example before it would have been released.

Okay, MD  ::)

But they had a loose copy on a shelf for months at a local game store back around 2011. By the time I realized what it was it was gone when I went back to get it. I have no idea if it was a repro, but it looked authentic especially when I compare it to picture online. And I'm well aware of how insanely rare it is, but without accounting for every copy, which has not been done as far as I know it could have been the real deal. Guess I'll never really know.

sworddude

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2018, 04:34:57 pm »

GEN

Okay, MD  ::)

But they had a loose copy on a shelf for months at a local game store back around 2011. By the time I realized what it was it was gone when I went back to get it. I have no idea if it was a repro, but it looked authentic especially when I compare it to picture online. And I'm well aware of how insanely rare it is, but without accounting for every copy, which has not been done as far as I know it could have been the real deal. Guess I'll never really know.

the reproduction market for japanese megadrive has been going on for quite a while 2011 was no exception especially for rare games. the megadrive didn't sell to well in japan pretty bad. reprodctions in japan are even worse than in the US it's kinda ridiculous. allot of japan megadrive games if were looking at the good games are allot more pricy than their english counter parts It's pretty bad when games in japan are more expensive than their english counter parts.

They are also very well done not those ali express ones not to mention hard to tell when it is a reproduction or not, yea sure you could open the cart problem is japanese megadrive cart labels are on top of the screws so you would need to heat the lable up to remove it without any damage wich is kinda annoying.

I'm pretty sure it was a fake It's not to uncommon especially with japanese megadrive even cheap games have nice reproductions there. It's also not the kinda game that would be imported since it was hold off or wasn;t some action game for the niche market block busters had many great games on the import side. Yea sure there is a super small chance that some (ex)  sega employee sold that cart to a retro game store   ::) but most likely a reproduction or bootleg from back in the day japanese sega games are most definitely in lots it was available.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 05:39:37 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

tripredacus

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2018, 12:26:05 pm »
Part 2

PC
EarthSiege (Sierra jewel case version)
X-Wing vs TIE Fighter
Total Chaos
PGA Tour 96 for Windows 95
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Kellogg's Demo
Claw

Dreamcast
Vanishing Point

Mac
1000 Games for Macintosh

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2018, 01:05:48 pm »
Great addition to my many PSP purchases, as of late. Loved the original on PS1, so it's great to have a handheld version.

Now if I could just a get a working PSP to show up to my door so I can play these damn games...

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2018, 01:21:35 pm »
I found a little offer on Facebook for some PS2 games (0.50€ each, i took what i didn't had)

Burnout 2: Point of Impact (just to replace my platinum version)
Fire Heroes
Flow: Urban Dance Uprising
Hulk
La Somme de Toutes les Peurs (The Sum of all Fears)
Lotus Challenge
Robot Warlords
Shrek le Troisième (Shrek the Third)
The Dog Island
Tennis Court Smash

And i also got the UK variant of The Gateway from an error in an online purchase, i ordered Tobal No 1 on PS1 and got this one instead... well i was immediately refunded and they told me to keep it so i don't really mind (it's a free game ;D), and for my video-games movies collection i found Hitman: Agent 47 (the second movie based on the game).

shfan

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2018, 02:21:25 pm »
Very nice find on that Fire Heroes Metshael! The 505/Essential games are always interesting :D

tripredacus

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2018, 12:12:10 pm »
Genesis
Beast Wrestler
DJ Boy
Eternal Champions NFR
Kid Chameleon
Toxic Crusaders

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2018, 02:05:32 pm »
Very nice find on that Fire Heroes Metshael! The 505/Essential games are always interesting :D

Yeah i know that logo since Magnacarta (Tears of Blood) on PS2 and it's one of the few publishers/distributors that i try to get every release i can find because most of the time i never heard about those games so i never know what to expect when i put the disc in the console and i love that feeling, playing a game that i never heard about, never seen a video or even a picture of it (sure, well-know games are fun too but... without even playing with them we already know what to expect, there is no surprise and that's what i search).

So i always keep an eye for logo like 505 Gamestreet, Midas Interactive Entertainment, Agetec, Midas Touch, Play It and Phoenix, most of time they're pretty cheap since almost no one care about them, sure some of them are mediocre (or simply bad) but i always have fun playing with them and sometimes i even find a little gem like Bujingai or BCV (a fighting game with construction vehicles :o, a bit slow but soooo fun  8)).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 02:08:36 pm by metshael »

kashell

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2018, 02:41:05 pm »
I rarely post in these, but I feel like I need to mention that I picked up one of the most dull, uninspired strategy RPGs of all time: Hoshigami for the PlayStation. It's not a good game by any stretch, but I wanted to reacquire it because there is a strong sense of nostalgia to it. It was the very first game that I ever reviewed on GameFAQs. If anything, I'm thankful for it because it made me realize how fun it is to put your opinions of a game into writing.

It may not get played much, if at all, but it's nice to have it back after all of these years.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2018, 02:52:33 pm »
Genesis
Beast Wrestler
DJ Boy
Eternal Champions NFR
Kid Chameleon
Toxic Crusaders

Is that a Betamax player they're leaning against? Awesome.

tripredacus

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2018, 10:29:34 am »
Yes, all of my pictures are taken with that there. It does not work. It has a short in it and I just haven't set aside the time to figure it out. For example, it has test pins and the ground is hot. ;)

kevininja

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2018, 01:59:33 pm »

King's Day pick-ups

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2018, 03:32:30 pm »
Got another small batch today, moving me just a bit closer to that complete 360 collection.

360:
Black College Football Xperience
Call of Duty 3

PS4:
Birthdays the Beginning

Toys to Life:
Lego Dimensions - Buttercup
Lego Dimensions - Excalibur Batman

Card & Board Games:
The Godfather: Corelone's Empire
Ticket To Ride: Europe
Unfair

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2018, 11:25:57 pm »
Had a very eventful day of hunting for games around town and this is what I found. Highlight was definitely the SNES games which I walked away with for $60 total. Other stuff was pretty cheap and well under ebay.