Author Topic: Secret Santa 2018 - Part 5. DONE!  (Read 38376 times)

soera

Secret Santa 2018 - Part 5. DONE!
« on: September 13, 2018, 06:19:58 pm »
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages ... VGCollect proudly brings to you its SECRET SANTA of the world!
***Copying and pasting last years rules***

If you want to participate this year, please post your name on this thread. I want people to have been members of these forums for at least 3 months prior to this and some sort of activity here. We have had 5 years so far of 100% success and we are not going to fail this year! Sign ups will be for 1 month. Once its done, you have a 2 weeks to send me your wishlist, address info, and what not. Also include if you are willing to send out of your own country cause every year we get non US participants.

When you reply on this thread, post what you think the spending limit should be. I will take the most popular option and thats what we will go with. And since Im mentioning it ... if the limit is $100 (an example) please dont send someone $10 worth of crap. The limit is more of a guideline as to what to expect to spend. Almost everyone here the past few years has went over the limit for their participant. Within the time of sending in the wishlists, if the limit becomes more than you want to spend, let me know and I can remove you from the list. No hard feelings will be had.

Every year we have a reveal thread and IIRC, Kashell/Dash/Turf and a few others actually do theirs on their YouTube page. If you wish to wait to open your gift til Christmas, that is definitely your prerogative. However, I would like to ask that no one posts anything about their stuff til after Christmas.

Links to the last 5 years :
2013 - https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,4178.0.html
2014 - https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,5554.0.html
2015 - https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,6559.0.html
2016 - https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,7734.0.html
2017 - https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,8571.0.html

Let the show begin ......

1. Soera
2. Kashell - sentreceived
3. Telly - sent received
4. Justin8301 - sent received
5. Desocietas - sent received
6. Turf - sent received
7. Redblaze57 - sent received
8. NickAwesome - sent received
9. Ignition365 - sent received
10. Tpugmire - sent received
11. Flashback2012 - sent received
12. Davifus - sent received
13. Droaa - sent received
14. Wolfen - sent received
15. Brandon913 - sent received
16. Azure - sent received
17. Cartagia - sent received
18. Dashv - sent received
19. Puddingm - sent received
20. Indenton - sent recieved

All right. The line up is locked in! Time to get those wishlists sent (PM me on here). You can do them any way you like. Some people already have a VGCollect wishlist, some want to make their own, others just want anything they dont have. Please include your mailing info in the reply. Every year someone forgets to send it and its more to deal with to try to get it. Thanks!

Wishlist send ins are done. I will get everyone their recipient soon and time to buy is upon us. :D

Peeps are picked ... and sent out to their buyers! Its on like Donkey Kong! Remember, you have about a month to take care of this. I am hoping to have every name marked as sent by Dec 1.

All people are marked sent!

I have sent out emails to the people who have yet to notify me of receiving their gift. I would like to see this completed by actual Christmas. :D

And we are good. Mere hours before Christmas itself, I got the final message saying all gifts have been received. :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 07:05:58 pm by soera »

telly

Re: Secret Santa 2018 !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 07:25:45 pm »
Didn't even have to think about it for a minute, of course I'm in for a fourth year. Who could say no to gifts, fun and tootsie rolls. ;)

I will say though that while I'm fine doing international again, my shipping cost was more than the 50 dollar budget alone. So if it's possible I'd like to stay in country this year. :)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 07:32:51 pm »
Yo I'm in

Edit: got too exited and forgot to add my full reply. I'm down for anything up to $100 and would prefer to stay in the US, but CAN do international if there aren't volunteers.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 07:43:03 pm by justin8301 »

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 07:33:21 pm »
I will say though that while I'm fine doing international again, my shipping cost was more than the 50 dollar budget alone. So if it's possible I'd like to stay in country this year. :)

Yowch, that's definitely tough.

I want to do international, but this year is rough with keeping finances in check. But I'm definitely down for domestic (U.S.) Secret Santa-ing! I look forward to this time every year :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 08:57:31 pm »
Im in

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 09:43:33 pm »
Despite taking nearly a year off from the site I want in. BRING ON THE TOOTSIE ROLLS...

Also if possible I would like to remain domestic shipping if possible.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 12:20:00 am »
I'm in, really enjoyed it last year.  Domestic only for me though.

telly

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 09:45:42 am »
Im in

This year's SS will have to work their butt off to top your gift last year.  :o
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 11:53:15 am »
I'm in as well, and as usual I'd like to stay domestic as well.

kashell

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 02:11:01 pm »
My name is already on there even before I post on the thread.

But, yeah. I guess I'm in. As usual, $50 for me. I'd prefer to stay domestic.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 12:58:07 pm by kashell »

tpugmire

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 09:39:45 pm »
I’m in too.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

Flashback2012

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 11:16:18 pm »
I've grown quite fond of this event so count me in for this year. Continental US/$50 works for me. No tootsie rolls here but plenty of BBQ chips and chili.  ;)

davifus

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2018, 11:52:23 pm »
me
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2018, 11:04:54 am »
Jesus, it feels like it was only yesterday that this went down and here were are again. Since my first one went so well, Im in for the repeat

wolfen

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2018, 04:20:40 pm »
I've never done a Secret Santa ever, but the VGCollect community is very cool so I think I want to try it. I'm excited and nervous!
I wanna ship domestic and I think $50-$60 is a good limit considering that's the general price of a new game.