Author Topic: Ni no Kuni for PS3  (Read 35625 times)

soera

Re: Ni no Kuni for PS3
« Reply #360 on: February 19, 2013, 04:42:44 pm »
Thats pretty pathetic that they would do that. Any business that isnt there for the customer is one that will not remain open for long. There are a lot of Gamestops in my local area (probably about a dozen or so in as many miles) and there are a few that dont seem to be all that interested in people that arent interested in FPS games so I dont visit those ones but the one closest to me seems to have a pretty decent staff. Ive actually had long conversations with a few of them even to go as far as them holding stuff for me and calling me when it would come in (not a pre-order).

desocietas

« Reply #361 on: February 19, 2013, 05:41:44 pm »
That's pretty sweet.

I was never all that sure of how to be "friends" with the GS employees, but I figured the most I could do with one that I hadn't met yet was to greet them everytime I walked in.  I don't ignore them when they ask me if I need help finding anything, and when they're forced to ask me about preorders, I might ask them what's coming up (if it's not busy at the shop).

Usually they're the ones who're pretty nice at first, commenting about a game I picked up, and conversation goes from there.  Also, me walking in there at least once a week probably helps, too ;)

I thought all the employees would be all about the FPSes, which I think they still are, but they also recognize that I'd be possibly be into things like Etrian Odyssey, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, etc., whether I actually am or am not.

Long story short, I didn't think I'd get familiar enough with them where they'd be willing to give me promo display stuff, but it's slowly getting into that territory.  Took a while, though.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #362 on: February 24, 2013, 11:35:39 am »
Well, as of this morning, Im finished with the game as much as I want to do. I have 100% errand/bounty completion, finished rank S in the Solesseum, 100% completion in all the dangerous places, all my main characters are level 99. I have a few level 99 familiars and Im almost to 1 million guilders. Sitting at 106 hours played. I will probably work on a few more trophies but in all essence, Im complete. :) What an amazing game experience. I dont think anything is going to top it for quite some time. Super glad that I found that game cause of these forums.

« Reply #363 on: February 24, 2013, 10:00:41 pm »
Well, as of this morning, Im finished with the game as much as I want to do. I have 100% errand/bounty completion, finished rank S in the Solesseum, 100% completion in all the dangerous places, all my main characters are level 99. I have a few level 99 familiars and Im almost to 1 million guilders. Sitting at 106 hours played. I will probably work on a few more trophies but in all essence, Im complete. :) What an amazing game experience. I dont think anything is going to top it for quite some time. Super glad that I found that game cause of these forums.

That's awesome!  I took a bit of a break to BETA some games but I'll be back at soon.

jobocan

« Reply #364 on: March 17, 2013, 03:19:08 pm »
Reviving an old topic!

I finally got to the final boss, got my ass kicked, realized I was 10 levels underpowered (whoops :P) and grinded and tried again.

Things were going well, but this is the type of situation where the terrible partner AI really does ruin everything... I got to the third form of the final boss, and my partners just did nothing to help, and suddenly I was dead... Now I have to refight all the forms of the final boss.
So annoying. I wouldn't mind if the loss was my fault, but in this case it really was the AI just not really doing anything to help.

soera

« Reply #365 on: March 17, 2013, 03:57:43 pm »
Who were you controlling? Oliver or one of the others? I always just stick with Oliver and keep my finger ready on the swap person button. I also tend to keep some healing familiars on the other two and the big hitters on Oliver. That way the familiars keep Esther and Swaine alive and if I have to, Oliver can heal himself. Good luck on the fight again. And which one is it exactly ?(dont want to go into too many spoilers)

jobocan

« Reply #366 on: March 17, 2013, 04:24:37 pm »
The final form with the 4 floating eye thingies that keep stabbing me :P

People just said "spam Evenstar", which almost got rid of the floating eye things after 2 uses (and a Rockfall from any of my partners which do have it would have finished them off), but suddenly those eye things just all attacked me at the same time, knocked me down and finished me off (all that a second before a third Eventar would have destroyed them).

ffxik

« Reply #367 on: March 25, 2013, 01:50:12 am »
I hate to revive this for basically an off topic question, but.

Has anyone that knew they were getting the cop-out strategy guide actually received it yet?  I got an email some time ago stating it would ship soon.  Haven't heard anything since.

scott

« Reply #368 on: March 25, 2013, 09:50:34 am »
I think disgeaniac got his awhile ago?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #369 on: March 25, 2013, 10:06:07 am »
I received it a week after the issue.
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

desocietas

« Reply #370 on: March 25, 2013, 12:41:16 pm »
I got it around the time they said it'd be sent.  My email said the week of Feb 18.  You should contact them!  It was sent to the address I'd submitted for the order of the Wizard's edition.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #371 on: March 25, 2013, 02:12:14 pm »
I think disgeaniac got his awhile ago?

Yes.

I received mine (iirc - a few days before Desocietas did)...

...EDIT - just checked where I made the original post about getting it (in the "Anonymous/General" thread), and it looks like I got it on Feb. 21st.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 02:16:31 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

ffxik

« Reply #372 on: March 25, 2013, 03:06:47 pm »
Will do.  Thanks everyone.

« Reply #373 on: April 06, 2013, 11:59:26 am »
Hi. Its out in the UK. Its a great game and very involving. 20+hours racked up already. There is a standard edition circa £40 new and a Wizards edition with extra DLC and other extras £130 but sold out almost immediately.

« Reply #374 on: April 07, 2013, 11:45:09 pm »
Hi. Its out in the UK. Its a great game and very involving. 20+hours racked up already. There is a standard edition circa £40 new and a Wizards edition with extra DLC and other extras £130 but sold out almost immediately.

Same story here in the US, the wizards edition went quick!