Author Topic: Ni no Kuni for PS3  (Read 36512 times)

darko

Re: Ni no Kuni for PS3
« Reply #225 on: January 25, 2013, 07:17:30 pm »
Did not know that. Sorry.

soera

« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2013, 08:03:04 pm »
Lol its cool. :D Just glad ya got it.

darko

« Reply #227 on: January 26, 2013, 01:29:05 am »
Yeah, so the game is pretty awesome. I wish it was a little darker, but it's an excellent JRPG for sure.

soera

« Reply #228 on: January 26, 2013, 11:03:00 am »
Im about 6-7 hours in and this game already ranks as my favorite game ever. Im absolutely thrilled with it. The introduction story is kind of long (but still entertaining) but once you start playing, its amazing. If it wasnt for the fact that I knew my kids would be here today, I would have pulled the first all nighter in years last night. If any of you guys were on the fence about getting it, jump off that fence and hit your gamestops now. Its out there. The one that has my pre-order had about 8 copies left when I called yesterday.

If someone cant find one, let me know. Mine is still on pre-order til tomorrow.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #229 on: January 26, 2013, 11:17:28 am »
Im about 6-7 hours in and this game already ranks as my favorite game ever. Im absolutely thrilled with it. The introduction story is kind of long (but still entertaining) but once you start playing, its amazing. If it wasnt for the fact that I knew my kids would be here today, I would have pulled the first all nighter in years last night. If any of you guys were on the fence about getting it, jump off that fence and hit your gamestops now. Its out there. The one that has my pre-order had about 8 copies left when I called yesterday.

Glad you're enjoying it and nice to see it reviewing so well :)

What are the controls & combat like - as far as, is it "turn-based" enough to control one-handed...if not...can you re-config/customize the controls?

Glad to hear ya' snagged your WE w/ no problems, Soera!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #230 on: January 26, 2013, 11:22:50 am »

What are the controls & combat like - as far as, is it "turn-based" enough to control one-handed...if not...can you re-config/customize the controls?

You know. This makes me think of wanting to do some testing and trying to see what games allow for Right hand only play.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #231 on: January 26, 2013, 11:36:49 am »

You know. This makes me think of wanting to do some testing and trying to see what games allow for Right hand only play.

I certainly wouldn't object to anyone carrying out any such research :)

Keep in mind, that while it's only my right hand...it's 'luckily' also my dominant one (every little bit helps)!

Btw - I've gotta' give credit & props to my exceptionally exceptional family & g/f...who've both tried living & doing things (several days in a row, even:) w/ only their right hand to put themselves in my shoes...and...to make sure that I don't "take advantage" by trying to get them to do shit for me that I can do just fine myself  :o

ko1ru

« Reply #232 on: January 26, 2013, 11:44:23 am »

I certainly wouldn't object to anyone carrying out any such research :)

Keep in mind, that while it's only my right hand...it's 'luckily' also my dominant one (every little bit helps)!

Btw - I've gotta' give credit & props to my exceptionally exceptional family & g/f...who've both tried living & doing things (several days in a row, even:) w/ only their right hand to put themselves in my shoes...and...to make sure that I don't "take advantage" by trying to get them to do shit for me that I can do just fine myself  :o

Word of the day:  exceptional  :P

scott

« Reply #233 on: January 26, 2013, 12:08:08 pm »
Ha, ya. I'm a Lefty, so it may be a little bit difficult. But I think I might actually give it a go and see what I come up with.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #234 on: January 26, 2013, 12:48:35 pm »
Ha, ya. I'm a Lefty, so it may be a little bit difficult. But I think I might actually give it a go and see what I come up with.

Let me know how you make out...

I was pretty surprised, awhile ago, when I saw BAYONETTA listed as an easily playable game w/ only one hand  :)

It's not a game or genre that I would have thought of - anyone here play/have any opinions on the game?

jobocan

« Reply #235 on: January 26, 2013, 01:03:04 pm »
Bayonetta has an "automatic" easy mode, where you can do complex combos with simple button mashing. I never actually tried it myself and it's probably not as fun as going 2-handed and making your own combos (but I know that's not an option for you), but it might be worth checking out.

darko

« Reply #236 on: January 26, 2013, 02:03:42 pm »
The combat is turn-based but you do need to move a little now and then. I don't think it's something that you couldn't do with one hand since you have experience gaming with one hand. I'm not very far in the game so I can't speak for later, more difficult battles. I would download the demo and try that out before buying it, but I think you'll get along just fine.

soera

« Reply #237 on: January 26, 2013, 02:13:15 pm »
Im about 8-9 hours into the game. Ive already done 2 of the big fights and on my way to the second map. So far, since you are experienced with 1h play, I think you could handle it. Like Darko said, you can move around in fights to pick up glims (little glowing balls that regen mana/health/miracle move) but you have time to do it. I didnt see anywhere that would let the controls be customized though.

I got my guide today. Just input the code for the gold Hurly ... the only thing is you get coupons when you input the code for the gold familiars and so far, I havent found where to redeem them yet.

scott

« Reply #238 on: January 26, 2013, 09:54:13 pm »
I love Drippy! The GF does too and said she wants a plushie of him, ha.

I told her there was one in the Wizard Edition..  :'(

desocietas

« Reply #239 on: January 26, 2013, 10:11:20 pm »
I love Drippy! The GF does too and said she wants a plushie of him, ha.

I told her there was one in the Wizard Edition..  :'(

:'( indeed!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas