Author Topic: REVIVE a Dead Video Game Series / Franchise  (Read 5978 times)

shfan

Re: REVIVE a Dead Video Game Series / Franchise
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2018, 03:51:29 pm »
Actually they were bound and restricted by the original source material and wishes of the original rights holder.

That's something I should have looked into.. like a decade ago. Thanks for the information, I need to get over it then.

Hehe no worries the more the merrier I say!  :D

:-X Fair enough, moar!!  ;D

Dead Space is already mentioned in the OP but that would be my pick as well.

It's a travesty we will never see a new game in the series.

High-brow types like to beat up the first one, saying it's derivative of classic horror movies like Event Horizon, but to me it was one of the best games of the generation, in my top 10 of all time and an extremely well-designed game which feels like a natural good fit, not something with elements forced into it to fulfill some criteria. TBH 2&3 left me cold, but even the light gun shooter was a good yarn, would love to see more Dead Space.

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2020, 07:06:10 am »
I would like to see more first person shooter style duke nukem games, Duke Nukem forever killed that huge franchise, believe it or not, there were a ton of Duke Nukem games probably few know about, I already mentioned Duke Nukem I, and Duke Nukem II, and Duke Nukem 3D, and all of it's expansions and fan made spinoffs,

But then there was console games I didn't mention. Like Duke Nukem Time To Kill, Duke Nukem Zero Hour, Duke Nukem Land of the Babes, Duke Nukem Mathatten Project, Duke Nukem Advance, and Duke Nukem for the gameboy color and Duke Nukem Critical Mass for the Nintendo DS
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 09:13:46 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

telekill

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2020, 08:10:57 am »
Dino Crisis would be at the top of my list of games to revive. I absolutely loved the first two. Here's what I would do...

- Keep the suspense from the first.
 - Keep the action of the second.
 - Ignore the third.
 - Use the RE engine
 - Keep third person
 - Use the same controls as RE2/3 Remake
 - Keep Regina and Dylan
 - Add online co-op
 - Consider adding too or combing the first two games into a single game.

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2020, 09:37:01 am »
Lunar 3.  Set it as a prequel that takes place back when there was life on the Blue Star.  Bring back the original voice actors for Luna (Althena) and Lucia.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2020, 12:12:01 pm »
Def Jam: Fight for New York needs a legit sequel that includes the AKI engine. 
Ive been playing Fight for New York a little bit. Damn!  That’s a good fighting game. Bring it back!

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2020, 04:57:43 pm »

Now BK has had some life breathed into them with Smash Bros recently, but the series has been effectively dead since they released the HD versions on the Xbox 360 as Nuts & Bolts didn't do anything for them (And Rare Replay is just a collection, not any sort of new release). 

Personally, what I want to see is the Crash Bandicoot treatment.  Remake the first two games in a bundle and then release "Banjo-Threeie" as a whole new game that adds new stuff while also being a throwback to the original games.  There's a definite love for BK seeing the response for them in Smash, so I think it would be dumb of Xbox not to take that to heart and get Rare or another studio to take over for a new generation of BK.  I mean, I think it's fitting right now as Sony has Ratchet & Clank, Nintendo still has Mario, and Xbox could use a proper return of Banjo and Kazooie.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 05:49:32 pm by kamikazekeeg »

telly

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2020, 05:46:25 pm »
At least Suikoden is getting a spiritual successor!  ;D
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2020, 08:22:20 pm »
Shining force
Alan wake
Enchanted Arms
Breath of fire
Dynasty Tactics

I was also a huge fan of the Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver series and would love a reboot!But if I can only choose one it's without a doubt Alan Wake.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 08:26:32 pm by wartoy »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2020, 09:20:11 pm »
King's Field, in a heartbeat. Not even a second thought about it. I love that series so damn much.

ferraroso

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2020, 11:53:17 pm »
I selected ten franchises that should be reborn.
In alphabetical order:
Alundra
Crimson Skies
Dino Crisis
The Last Blade
Lunar
Megaman X
Onimusha
Parasite Eve
Viewtiful Joe
Virtua Fighter

My original list would also include Panzer DragoonAlex Kidd, Fatal Fury/Real Bout and Art of Fighting but I took the first two out because they are still alive in a way or another through remakes and remastered editions while many of the characters and overall spirit of the latter two are still around in other SNK fighting games.

dhaabi

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2020, 02:32:13 pm »
With the demand that the Klonoa series has been given in recent years, Namco should re-visit it.

As an aside, a large part of me wants to say Ape Escape, but Sony did take the series all over the place with a lot of titles not being released outside of Japan. If Sony could re-capture what the original game in particular offered, that'd be amazing.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2020, 10:00:11 pm »
Castlevania

mark1982

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2020, 01:59:53 am »
Thread Revival - Forgot I made this a long time ago ;D

At least Suikoden is getting a spiritual successor!  ;D

And a great Spiritual Successor it will be! So ready for this

King's Field, in a heartbeat. Not even a second thought about it. I love that series so damn much.

Same here, the more FromSoftware games the better. Dark Souls was pretty much birthed by this series so I'm all for it 

I selected ten franchises that should be reborn.
In alphabetical order:
Alundra

Yes, Definitely the first Alundra, such a great game. Not a fan of the 2nd one.

l    l 

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2020, 03:05:36 am »
I would agree with choices, but I would love to see a better version of Growlancer or even a breath of fire. I would even be happier with a lot of games to be ported from Japan to USA.

pzeke

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2020, 03:11:37 am »
I always saw the Souls games as the successor of King's Field, just darker.

Anyway, for me Dino Crisis is a solid choice, not to mention quite relevant given the past two Resident Evil remakes. Other than that, Mega Man X and Jak & Daxter are top choices for me, also Armored Core.

And not for nothing, but StarFox aptly fits here.

[...] I would love to see a better version of Growlancer or even a breath of fire.

A proper Breath of Fire would be nice.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!