Author Topic: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34839 times)

soera

Re: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2012, 07:14:38 pm »
If you decide they dont look right in your collection, let me know! I have DQ2 and DQ6 for the famicom but Id take the whole package. :)

foxhack

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2012, 07:27:28 pm »
Here's a cool completely random pick-up.

I got Dragon Quest I & II, Dragon Quest III, Dragon Quest V and Dragon Quest VI all on Super Famicom.
What's the story on this find? Finding all those games just looks totally random to me!

jobocan

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2012, 07:32:18 pm »
If you decide they dont look right in your collection, let me know! I have DQ2 and DQ6 for the famicom but Id take the whole package. :)

Nah, I kinda want to eventually have all the dragon quest/warrior games, though just cart-only, I don't care about boxes.

What's the story on this find? Finding all those games just looks totally random to me!

Ebay! Sorry, not much of a story :P But it was much cheaper than any other site I found it on before. Japanese retailers usually sell I & II as well as III for about 16$ each + whatever they charge for shipping from japan, so getting all of them for 20$ with free shipping was quite the deal.

jcalder8

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2012, 01:20:20 am »
Great pick ups jobocan!

jobocan

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2012, 08:00:47 am »
Great pick ups jobocan!

Yeah, really loving DQ I & II, it looks and sounds amazing.... Now if only I didn't suck at reading japanese... but it's all hiragana as far as I've seen so I can potentially force my way through.

desocietas

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2012, 09:59:19 pm »

The game disc of XII was stolen ages ago, finally had it replaced for cheap+shipping.  Everything else in decent condition except for XIII-2 which is pristine and still has the SE reg form (yay Gamefly), but was pretty miffed that the Paper Mario didn't have the booklet despite being described as "very good" on eBay.

Not sure whether that'll go back or if I'll just ask for a partial refund and just wait to find the booklet for cheap.

Was about to add FFXII to my collection but remembered that I borrowed it many, many years ago from a friend I haven't seen in at least 6 years.  Guess it's still his :\
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 10:01:16 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2012, 10:21:27 pm »
NICE. Please tell me those .hacks have the anime discs in them...

Edit: Also, FFXII's Collector's Edition tin is one of my favorite boxes ever.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2012, 11:08:32 pm »
So today during my usual rounds I stumbled upon a booth that had loads of these.

I grabbed pretty much all of 'em and negotiated a price - six bucks. Six bucks for eighty one sealed Lunar Silver Star Story Complete cloth maps.

Someone sold one of these for thirteen bucks shipped on eBay. Used. And these are sealed. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

(Yes, I'm gonna be trading some of these away. :P)

Not sure I have anything you want. But mannn.. what a treat it would be to nab one of these maps. This was my ALL time favorite classic game. I still play it over and over again. I had the full silver edition once but then I moved and lost everything I had. I really miss my map and guide. Lucky duck, you are.. 81 for under $10? thats literally a STEAL! Jealousy inflames me.  ;D

desocietas

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2012, 11:23:39 pm »
NICE. Please tell me those .hacks have the anime discs in them...

Edit: Also, FFXII's Collector's Edition tin is one of my favorite boxes ever.

I love that box as well - if I happen to never see that particular friend again, well... this will be a pleasant reminder of him.

And yes, the .hacks have the discs in them :)  Probably paid more than I should've, especially since a few days later someone was selling all four CIB with all the guides + the first G.U. guide for $120 BIN.  I should've nabbed it for resale/replacements but was already feeling some buyer's remorse from the purchase of pt 3 & 4.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2012, 12:37:37 am »
I'd almost say, of you haven't heard from him in 6 years. It may be up for fair game... sounds a little shady, but if he never comes back for it ever...

I got super lucky on Quarantine if I remember correctly. For some reason the 2-4th games in that set fetch a lot of money, even w/o the anime discs.

scott

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2012, 06:42:44 pm »
Checked out a new game store in town and they actually had some Saturn games! They also had a black label of Onimusha: Warlords for a good price and mint condition, so snagged it, Onimusha 2 and Tekken Tag to replace the original games I had and traded off years ago. Unfortunately... their stickers won't come off nicely, so I have to run to the store to get some Goo Gone. :(

jobocan

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2012, 06:50:29 pm »
At least their prices seem decent. The few places that have Saturn games around here seem to think that it's reasonable to ask 20$ for common sport games.

darko

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2012, 07:01:05 pm »
I don't know what Baku Baku is, but it's got to be awesome since it has a panda on the cover.

scott

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2012, 07:13:02 pm »
I don't know what Baku Baku is, but it's got to be awesome since it has a panda on the cover.

It's a puzzle game.. the pics on the back make it look like Puzzle Fighter, or something.

madmax

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2012, 03:04:39 am »
I have Baku Baku on game gear. it's like a tetris game where you battle the opponent and they gradually get harder to beat
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 07:43:18 pm by madmax »