Author Topic: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34825 times)

darko

Re: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2012, 11:56:19 pm »
On a random side note, if any of you are bidding up a complete copy of Hagane: The Final Conflict on eBay right now...STOP! For the love of god...since when does $200 not get me a complete SNES game that isn't Earthbound or Ninja Gaiden Trilogy?

EDIT: Picked up a few CIB Genny games today to replace some cart only copies I had. Nothing special, just Sonic 1 and Sonic Spinball.

While I was out I also picked up:

Sword of Vermillion (GEN) CIB
Soviet Strike (SAT) CIB
Mad Dog McCree (SCD) CIB

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:04:57 pm by darko »

faxmachine

« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2012, 11:37:28 pm »
This is from last week:

http://imgur.com/a/tpbFo/

Favorite things:
TONS of great condition N64 controllers, including the Goldeneye controller.
Two copies of Mike Tyson Punchout
Contra NES
Master Chief helmet
Strategy Guides

madmax

« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2012, 12:44:00 am »
hehe Fax machine. I saw your post on reddit :P

Although I'm not an xbox player, I've always liked the halo helmet, I find it to be a nice piece.

foxhack

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2012, 04:43:39 pm »

$5. It's damn near mint.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2012, 05:29:56 pm »

$5. It's damn near mint.

Still Sealed?

Either way, that's a great buy!

*EDIT*

Nevermind...I didn't see that tiny, little "near mint" until after I posted.

That's still a steal :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:31:45 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

madmax

« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2012, 06:23:54 pm »
Well I caved and ordered FFIII. It was in too much of a good condition for me not to get it.
Let's not talk about the price I paid seeing as I'm already broke xD

soera

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2012, 07:04:30 pm »
Did you get one of the ones I linked to you?

madmax

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2012, 07:23:35 pm »
No, I got lucky. This one had just been posted when I saw it and it was about half the price other people are asking for for the game in a similar condition.

jobocan

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2012, 08:44:51 pm »
Today I got stuff!

And by stuff I mean a dreamcast (with hookups, controller, web browser disc and a 3rd party memory card), bundled with 15 games.

The Last Blade 2
Soul Calibur
Sword of the berserk
Time Stalkers
Silver
Ecco The Dolphin Defender of the future
Crazy Taxi 2
Evolution
Evolution 2
Hydro Thunder
Sonic Adventures 2
Skies of Arcadia
Crazy Taxi
Shenmue 1
Shenmue 2 (japanese version, of course) *Edit: and by japanese version, I mean european version... lol*

So a replacement dreamcast and a bunch of games, yay!

And I ended up talking with the guy who sold it to me for over an hour... turns out he used to be a game tester... and HATED it. So we talked about that, and about games, and about cars, and about movies, and about how Montreal and Toronto suck... It was fun :P

Remember Wet (on PS3 and Xbox 360), how one year it was supposed to be at E3 and they decided not to go at the last second? It was his fault, because he figured out the E3 demo was too glitched to show off, and because he wrote a 5 page document about why the game sucked in its current form.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:34:14 pm by jobocan »

teknophyl

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2012, 08:42:21 am »
Got my copy of Lunar Silver Star Story Complete with a huge pleasant surprise - the description said only 2 discs but it came with the making of disc. Now all I need is the map and soundtrack disc and it will be full complete with the original outer box  ;D

Playing - KOTOR, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2012, 09:44:17 am »
@ Jobocan:

About two of those DC games that you just got...

How is the Sword of the Berserk game?
(Is it related to the Berserk anime (which I love)?!

And...Skies of Arcadia:

Do you know what (if any) differences there are between it & the Game-Cube version?

jobocan

« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2012, 09:51:56 am »
@ Jobocan:

About two of those DC games that you just got...

How is the Sword of the Berserk game?
(Is it related to the Berserk anime (which I love)?!

And...Skies of Arcadia:

Do you know what (if any) differences there are between it & the Game-Cube version?

Yeah, Sword of the Berserk is based on the Berserk manga. It takes place some time after the anime, not during the current manga arc, but the one that ended fairly recently (which lasted from volume 22 to volume 35). Sadly it's not too great. You sword somehow can't go through walls and a lot of battles take place in narrow hallways so you're constantly getting your attacks stopped mid-swing by surrounding walls since Guts' sword is so huge. It's not terrible, but it could be better.

For Skies of Arcadia, sadly I don't really know the differences. I'm guessing the GC version had a minor graphical upgrade, and I know there's extra content in the GC version but I have no idea what that extra content is.

amauriel

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2012, 04:11:11 pm »

And...Skies of Arcadia:

Not Jobocan, but I can answer.

Skies of Arcadia for the GC had less random battles than the Dreamcast version, for one. You can usually take 3 steps before being attacked instead of just one.  :P You get more exp per battle on the GC version to make up for the difference, I believe.

The stuff that happens on the VMU in the Dreamcast version have to happen on screen for the GC, of course. This is basically just the Cham search, unless I'm forgetting something.

They GameCube one also has a few more discoveries to find when you are treasure hunting. As far as I know, these are the only differences between the games.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2012, 04:25:54 pm »

And...Skies of Arcadia:

Not Jobocan, but I can answer.

Skies of Arcadia for the GC had less random battles than the Dreamcast version, for one. You can usually take 3 steps before being attacked instead of just one.  :P You get more exp per battle on the GC version to make up for the difference, I believe.

The stuff that happens on the VMU in the Dreamcast version have to happen on screen for the GC, of course. This is basically just the Cham search, unless I'm forgetting something.

They GameCube one also has a few more discoveries to find when you are treasure hunting. As far as I know, these are the only differences between the games.

Thanks!

I was thinking that I'd heard something about additional/optional bosses and/or fights that you could find in one of the versions, but I wasn't sure if they were *added* to GC...or if they were *removed* from the DC version...

...Seems like I must have been thinking of another game (I own the GC version -but- haven't gotten around to playing it yet :(

forte

« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2012, 04:50:38 pm »
Just got a shitload of CIB Neo Geo Pocket Color games and another loose Faselei. Gonna sell my extra Faselei and my spare carts that are CI missing the box. Hoping to make most of my money back.

Anyone looking to start a NGPC collection, mail me and I can hook you up with the good stuff ;)