Author Topic: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34827 times)

jobocan

Re: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2012, 06:09:02 pm »
Mentioned this before, but I just received, once again, Mr Gimmick on NES, as a reproduction cart from retrousb.com... the first time they sent it to me it didn't work... then it took about 2 weeks to get their mailing address to send it for repair, then they took them over a month to repair it, but now it works and it's pretty badass. Quite surprising graphics/physics-wise considering it's an NES game.

Now to figure out how to input this in my collection since it's a repro. "Unofficial release", or "Unreleased"?

soera

« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2012, 06:12:58 pm »
Id say unreleased. Unofficial release would fit more for like the Tengen black NES carts or something.

darko

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2012, 07:17:08 pm »
Mentioned this before, but I just received, once again, Mr Gimmick on NES, as a reproduction cart from retrousb.com... the first time they sent it to me it didn't work... then it took about 2 weeks to get their mailing address to send it for repair, then they took them over a month to repair it, but now it works and it's pretty badass. Quite surprising graphics/physics-wise considering it's an NES game.

Now to figure out how to input this in my collection since it's a repro. "Unofficial release", or "Unreleased"?

Check out the listing for Star Ocen SNES US. I've put all my other reproduction carts just like that one.

foxhack

« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2012, 07:20:03 pm »
Id say unreleased. Unofficial release would fit more for like the Tengen black NES carts or something.
I'd say bootleg.

Because really, you paid for a glorified bootleg. :P

jcalder8

« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2012, 07:31:02 pm »
I'd say bootleg.

Because really, you paid for a glorified bootleg. :P
Isn't a bootleg just an unlicensed release?

scott

« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2012, 10:19:21 pm »
Not a new game, but I'm excited about it. I bought the Chrono Trigger Original Sound Version soundtrack. I've been wanting to get it for awhile and finally found a reasonably priced copy on Amazon (In the US to boot). Now I just need to get the 3 disc set for FFVI and I'll have the soundtracks to 2 of my favorite games of all time.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2012, 10:49:40 pm »
Just got a shitload of CIB Neo Geo Pocket Color games and another loose Faselei. Gonna sell my extra Faselei and my spare carts that are CI missing the box. Hoping to make most of my money back.

Anyone looking to start a NGPC collection, mail me and I can hook you up with the good stuff ;)

You have a PM waiting.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

darko

« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2012, 10:59:37 pm »
You would get in a PM before me!

soera

« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2012, 11:33:22 pm »
Not a new game, but I'm excited about it. I bought the Chrono Trigger Original Sound Version soundtrack. I've been wanting to get it for awhile and finally found a reasonably priced copy on Amazon (In the US to boot). Now I just need to get the 3 disc set for FFVI and I'll have the soundtracks to 2 of my favorite games of all time.

Man thats what I should shift my focus on is from games to soundtracks. I could get into some Chrono/FF/DW/Ys music for sure.

scott

« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2012, 11:38:05 pm »
Ha, Ya there are definitely some gaming soundtracks that I would like to get a hold of. I was actually on a road trip for work over the last 2 days and on the way down to where I was going I was listening to game songs on my ipod. Apparently, I already have enough game music to cover a 9 hour drive.  ::)

soera

« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2012, 11:38:50 pm »
I think I could get into it!

scott

« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2012, 11:48:13 pm »
I think I could get into it!

Yes, but then you'd have to track down stuff like, the SoulCalibur II LE Strat Guide for the CD that came with it, or Deathsmiles, Raiden IV and Solatorobo: Red the Hunter, for their bundled CDs. Or the Catherine Artbook & Soundtrack. ;)

EDIT: Oh and don't forget this baby: http://vgcollect.com/item/18414
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 11:50:57 pm by scott »

soera

« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2012, 11:56:47 pm »
I would try to limit myself to stuff I actually play. :) But I would probably fail miserably.

amauriel

« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2012, 12:08:17 am »
The legality is obviously questionable and you wouldn't actually own them, but if you just want to hear these OSTs, *link redacted by Foxhack* has a ton on the torrents. (As well as crazy amounts of other stuff. Grim Fandango fan novelization, anyone?) Some of them have been fan assembled, so keep an eye out if you actually are looking for original OSTs, but there are so many that were only released in Japan and were bringing upwards of $80-100 each that I wanted, I caved and have never regretted it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 01:55:49 pm by foxhack »
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

darko

« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2012, 12:08:42 am »
EDIT: Oh and don't forget this baby: http://vgcollect.com/item/18414

Yeah, there was one of those at one of my local shops for several months...don't know why I never picked it up.