Author Topic: The Pay It Forward Thread  (Read 74242 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: The Pay It Forward Thread
« Reply #225 on: May 27, 2013, 09:34:57 am »
I have a 2000 ... whats the actual cable do? Turns your TV into the screen for the psp? If so, thats something I would be interested in. If its for recording gameplay, not sure I would use it however.

Nope - doesn't record anything.

It lets you play a UMD/game on your PSP 2000 and outputs the video to your tv screen.

You're 1st = it's yours if you want it :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 11:13:41 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jcalder8

« Reply #226 on: May 27, 2013, 10:37:57 am »
I wish I had a 2000 or 3000 but I've still just got the 1000

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #227 on: May 27, 2013, 11:11:56 am »

Hah :P

I've got the 3000 -but- only because it happened to be the one that was being sold at the time.

@jcalder8:

Do you know what (if there are any significant ones) the differences are between the 3?

Basically, all I *Do* know is that the earlier models (the 1000 & 2000) are supposedly easier & more user-friendly when it comes to running/using custom firmware/homebrew on them, which is meaningless to me, since I don't know how to use it and/or care about any of it...I'm not even sure if I could use it w/ my 3000...even if I wanted to.

:-[  Basically the same situation w/ my DSi-XL  :o

It was the 1st, easiest, and most convenient one around when I decided I wanted a DS (and, AGAIN, I really don't know what makes it better/worse than any other DS models); just that I was pissed @ myself when I realized that some types of DS' could also play GBA games on em' -and- that mine *Wasn't* one of them :(

SO, now that I've got my 3DS-XL (which I've yet to use for more than an hour)...I also have my pretty, blue DSi-XL that's had all of 1/2 of a game played on it (the 1st half of Crono Trigger when Sandy hit us); I ended up finishing the game with the PS version instead, though.

soera

« Reply #228 on: May 27, 2013, 11:37:14 am »
I have a 2000 ... whats the actual cable do? Turns your TV into the screen for the psp? If so, thats something I would be interested in. If its for recording gameplay, not sure I would use it however.

It lets you play a UMD/game on your PSP 2000 and outputs the video to your tv screen.

Thats what I was hoping. Im down with that! :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #229 on: May 27, 2013, 11:49:14 am »

Cool, Soera :)

PM me your info, & I'll get it out to you in the next few days.

jcalder8

« Reply #230 on: May 27, 2013, 11:52:35 am »

Hah :P

I've got the 3000 -but- only because it happened to be the one that was being sold at the time.

@jcalder8:

Do you know what (if there are any significant ones) the differences are between the 3?

Basically, all I *Do* know is that the earlier models (the 1000 & 2000) are supposedly easier & more user-friendly when it comes to running/using custom firmware/homebrew on them, which is meaningless to me, since I don't know how to use it and/or care about any of it...I'm not even sure if I could use it w/ my 3000...even if I wanted to.

:-[  Basically the same situation w/ my DSi-XL  :o

It was the 1st, easiest, and most convenient one around when I decided I wanted a DS (and, AGAIN, I really don't know what makes it better/worse than any other DS models); just that I was pissed @ myself when I realized that some types of DS' could also play GBA games on em' -and- that mine *Wasn't* one of them :(

SO, now that I've got my 3DS-XL (which I've yet to use for more than an hour)...I also have my pretty, blue DSi-XL that's had all of 1/2 of a game played on it (the 1st half of Crono Trigger when Sandy hit us); I ended up finishing the game with the PS version instead, though.
If you want to get rid of that 3DS XL I will take it off your hands :D

The main reason I want a 2 or 3000 is because the d-pad isn't very good for the 1000

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #231 on: May 27, 2013, 12:00:17 pm »
Nah, there's alot of games I've been getting for the 3DS that I want to & will eventually get around to playing.

The DSi-XL, on the other hand...could, perhaps, be negotiated for  ;)

scott

« Reply #232 on: May 27, 2013, 01:05:22 pm »
I think the main difference between the 2000 and 3000 are the screen and battery. If I remember the PSP-2000 had better battery life, but the screen was dimmer. While the PSP-3000 had a brighter screen, but you could see scanlines and the battery life was shorter (prolly thanks to the brighter screen).

I've had a PSP-1000 that was modded, but traded it in towards a PSP-2000. I hated dealing with firmware updates on the modded 1000, and I've had a few games on it which I wasn't able to play right away, because of updated firmware issues. I looked into the 3000 when it came out, but I didn't care for the screen and decided to stick w/ my 2000.

Usually when folks ask me which PSP to go with, I'll usually direct them toward the 2000 because I think it's the better model.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #233 on: May 27, 2013, 03:02:58 pm »
I think the main difference between the 2000 and 3000 are the screen and battery. If I remember the PSP-2000 had better battery life, but the screen was dimmer. While the PSP-3000 had a brighter screen, but you could see scanlines and the battery life was shorter (prolly thanks to the brighter screen).

I've had a PSP-1000 that was modded, but traded it in towards a PSP-2000. I hated dealing with firmware updates on the modded 1000, and I've had a few games on it which I wasn't able to play right away, because of updated firmware issues. I looked into the 3000 when it came out, but I didn't care for the screen and decided to stick w/ my 2000.

Usually when folks ask me which PSP to go with, I'll usually direct them toward the 2000 because I think it's the better model.

yeah, when I was researching for a PSP, I was planning on getting a 2000 because of the better screen (brightness isn't that important to me, esp if I choose to play in the dark), but the bf beat me to it and bought me a 3000 before I knew what happened.  Can't look a gift horse in the mouth, though...  :-\
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #234 on: May 28, 2013, 10:10:32 am »

On its way, brother - look for it on Friday :)

« Reply #235 on: May 28, 2013, 09:54:39 pm »
I love this thread  ;D
I make music.
I'm really cool, you should tell your friends about me :P

https://soundcloud.com/torvez

« Reply #236 on: May 29, 2013, 03:43:34 pm »
I've got one extra steam key for Cogs. If anyone is interested please let me know

Edit:
Looks like I also have an extra stem key for the Humble Bundle 3, It includes  Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, VVVVVV, Hammerfight, and And Yet It Moves.

Send me a PM if you want either of these
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 12:55:32 am by justin8301 »

jcalder8

« Reply #237 on: June 01, 2013, 12:57:25 pm »
Does anyone need a Steam key for Shank 2?

« Reply #238 on: September 02, 2013, 01:31:07 am »
I just came across some vg magazines from 1993-1994

Does anyone collect these?  They aren't in great condition, but I'm just going to toss them unless someone wants 'em.

soera

« Reply #239 on: September 02, 2013, 02:19:31 am »
Any DQ ads/pics in any of those? :)