Author Topic: July 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 32130 times)

jobocan

Re: July 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2012, 11:22:54 am »

So today I went to do a round of garage sales. I found a whole lot of NOTHING! It was a total waste of time.

Story of my summer, so far  :'(

Yeah, and I went through MOST of my city too. Haven't found a single game... Other than DJ Hero, screw that :P

At least I have a Duke Nukem bust statue to make me feel like I didn't completely waste my time :P

jcalder8

« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2012, 01:49:11 pm »
To mildly redeem this morning, I went to EBgames where they had special deals today, came out with the Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition on 360 for 14$, and the Rift Collector's Edition for 2$ (it comes with an 8GB USB key and a mousepad, both of which  needed).
I picked up Duke too but I bought a copy of NHL Slapshot instead of Rift, although that's a really good deal.

jobocan

« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2012, 02:07:12 pm »
Yeah, the guy at the store tried to get me to pick up NHL Snapshot... but I didn't really want it. At least Rift has a USB Key in it, and the box is super nifty.

scott

« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2012, 10:09:08 pm »
Got a bunch of stuff today. First of all, I had traded Varkias my extra copy of NBA JAM TE on Saturn, for his extra copy of The Horde on Saturn. His package arrived today and it was in a much larger (and heavier) box than I was expecting. So I cracked it open and found not only The Horde, but also the JP release of Grandia on Saturn and a bunch of Castlevania strategy guides! Thanks Varkias!

Then afterwards the GF and I went wandering around town and I also picked up The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? and Knights in the Nightmare (which also came with a download code for the full version of Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone). The only problem, and something I noticed after I got all the way home, was that Knights in the Nightmare's manual was missing and since I bought it Brand New from GameStop, I was a little PO'd about it. Maybe one day I'll search for a loose manual for my copy, but the addition of Yggdra Union was nice. :)

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2012, 11:57:56 pm »
desocietas gifted me Ys Origin on Steam. :o

Been playing this all day!

Edit:

AAAAAAAAAAWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. I just traded a Team Fortress 2 Crate #40 (incredibly rare) for Batman Arkham City and Harley Quinn's Revenge on Steam. I'm done.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 01:28:16 am by foxhack »

desocietas

« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2012, 02:01:42 am »
Heh, glad you liked it!  And that's awesome about the crate trade - sounds like you've got a lot of good gamin' ahead of ya.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2012, 04:28:17 pm »
Eh...so I couldn't wait for all of my pre-ordered games to come-out/get here to hit my *500* mark.

So, I went to GS & bought 8 games (for $2 - $5/Each) to hit the magic number!

A few were just doubles (and even *triples*) of games I already had for cheap prices.

New games were:

Summon Night 2 DS (NA) CIB,
Pokemon Ranger "                ",
Pichu Pichu: Venom (or something like that:) DS (NA)/ "New"

Shellshock: Nam '67 PS2 (NA) CIB,
The Suffering            "                "
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2012, 04:30:14 pm »
Oh yeah...I also (somehow) ended up w/ an extra/2nd PS2 (NA) Tales of Legendia
instruction manual if anyone ever finds themselves in need of one...

jobocan

« Reply #128 on: July 16, 2012, 06:11:45 pm »
Just received a couple things:

Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts/Viva Pinata on 360 (bought it to get Viva Pinata on the cheap, I'm not ever touchung Nuts and Bolts again)
Maken X on Dreamcast
ChuChu Rocket on Dreamcast
Rampage World Tour on Playstation
Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 and 2 on Xbox (the box says I need Xbox Live to play it, hopefully that won't stop me from playing single-player)

Getting close to 1000 items!

jcalder8

« Reply #129 on: July 16, 2012, 09:23:46 pm »
Getting close to 1000 items!
Do you have a game in mind for number 1000?

jobocan

« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2012, 09:59:31 pm »
Not really, it'll be something completely random. Unless I pick up nothing but new games for the next 2 months, which would make item 1000 the Borderlands 2 Loot Chest, or Ragnarok Odyssey on Vita if that ever decides to come out... But I'll probably end up getting some retro games along the way, so there's no way to know :P

blipcs76

« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2012, 09:55:50 am »
@ Jcalder8 -- AWESOME FIND on that Colecovision.  That thing looks like it's been packed away since 1983 and getting it for $7 is a steal.  I'm definitely jealous ;)

Garage sales can often be a disappointment, but you just gotta keep trying because you never know when you'll come across something good.  Just this year I've picked up some great titles like Phantasy Star III, several Pokemon Gameboy games, a bunch of great minty NES boxes, a box of 50+ black plastic NES sleeves, Baldur's Gate II Dark Alliance, Legend of Dragoon and several great deals on N64 games.  It eats up my Saturday mornings, but when you find something great or rare at a garage sale for a couple of bucks, it's totally worth the time investment.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2012, 10:01:15 am »
@ Jcalder8 -- AWESOME FIND on that Colecovision.  That thing looks like it's been packed away since 1983 and getting it for $7 is a steal.  I'm definitely jealous ;)

Garage sales can often be a disappointment, but you just gotta keep trying because you never know when you'll come across something good.  Just this year I've picked up some great titles like Phantasy Star III, several Pokemon Gameboy games, a bunch of great minty NES boxes, a box of 50+ black plastic NES sleeves, Baldur's Gate II Dark Alliance, Legend of Dragoon and several great deals on N64 games.  It eats up my Saturday mornings, but when you find something great or rare at a garage sale for a couple of bucks, it's totally worth the time investment.

Which Dark Alliance 2 did you find?

I know that the PS2 version is considerably harder to find & more valuable than the X-Box version...

How much was that & LoD going for?

(I *Know* that I'll regret having asked when I hear how cheaply you bought them for:)

soera

« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2012, 12:30:35 pm »
If that Baldur's 2 is PS2 version and you want to unload a manual, let me know!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2012, 01:12:30 pm »
If that Baldur's 2 is PS2 version and you want to unload a manual, let me know!

I'll keep my eye out for you...if I see one for sale in GS and it has a manual...one of my friends there is sure to let me have it  ;)