Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 170859 times)

desocietas

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2013, 06:28:41 pm »
Ha, you're the only person I know who consistently buys multiple  of the same LE ha.  ;)

I probably would, too, for the right game and if I had the money and space for it.  As it is, I don't have space for the single collector's editions I'm already buying.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

darko

« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2013, 09:21:49 pm »
I pre-ordered SMT: Soul Hackers today. Seemed necessary.

I like to think every SMT game is basically mandatory, but then, I'm also convinced that anyone who isn't a Megaten fan must be converted to the cause.

I feel the same way. Then again, they typically fit right in with my personality.

desocietas

« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2013, 09:23:36 pm »
I pre-ordered SMT: Soul Hackers today. Seemed necessary.

I like to think every SMT game is basically mandatory, but then, I'm also convinced that anyone who isn't a Megaten fan must be converted to the cause.

Preach!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2013, 09:34:42 am »
Ha, you're the only person I know who consistently buys multiple  of the same LE ha.  ;)

I probably would, too, for the right game and if I had the money and space for it.  As it is, I don't have space for the single collector's editions I'm already buying.

Eh...I actually *don't* do it for anything even close to every one -but- I'm pretty good at (by now) knowing pretty much the ones that are almost certainly going to rise to double, triple, etc their original prices...the 'worst' I've ever done on one is to break even.

Pretty much, what profits I make like this = the amount of $ I spend on my own collection & future speculations.

*Keeps kicking self in ass for missing-out on the Wizard's Edition*  :'(

PS

There's also been a lot of times (like w/ Darko recently) where I wind up using extra copies (AT COST...*NOT* doubled *cough*Scott*Cough*:)

...helping out friends who may have missed-out on something :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2013, 09:37:05 am »
Ooh I've just remembered I've got a game on preorder! Shining Ark for the PSP (no relation to Saturn dungeon crawler, Shining the Holy Ark) - http://shining-world.jp/ark/

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2013, 09:45:09 am »
Ooh I've just remembered I've got a game on preorder! Shining Ark for the PSP (no relation to Saturn dungeon crawler, Shining the Holy Ark) - http://shining-world.jp/ark/

No idea what it says -but- I like the art work!

scott

« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2013, 09:46:57 am »

Eh...I actually *don't* do it for anything even close to every one -but- I'm pretty good at (by now) knowing pretty much the ones that are almost certainly going to rise to double, triple, etc their original prices...the 'worst' I've ever done on one is to break even.

Pretty much, what profits I make like this = the amount of $ I spend on my own collection & future speculations.

PS

There's also been a lot of times (like w/ Darko recently) where I wind up using extra copies (AT COST...*NOT* doubled *cough*Scott*Cough*:)

Oh I wasn't calling you out or anything. Just trying to be witty. :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2013, 09:50:51 am »

PS

Oh I wasn't calling you out or anything. Just trying to be witty. :)

Oh, I know...I didn't take it personally or as anything other than joking around :)

No worries, we're good  ;)

Oh yeah...I got my own *THING* named after me now (which, I must admit to kinda' liking:) - so no reason for me to be anything but happy about it  8)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:52:24 am by disgaeniac »

scott

« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2013, 09:56:00 am »
Ha, I figured. We're all a bunch of smart asses here.

Oh and I'm currently waiting on a new addition to my Castlevania collection. I flipped some money I've made off of selling Saturn games into a cart only copy of Kid Dracula for Famicom! Now all I need to do is make my copy of Gyromite into a proper Famicom converter.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2013, 10:05:05 am »
Ha, I figured. We're all a bunch of smart asses here.

Hah!

Betcha' my ass is smarter than your ass is :P

desocietas

« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2013, 11:38:50 am »

PS

I'm definitely glad I was able to get the Wizard's Edition when I did - I have to thank VGC for that as I probably wouldn't have even known about the game otherwise.  And I feel really bad that you didn't get the Ni No Kuni LE, esp after they had the "second wave" of sales.  Really, really unfortunate for many people.

In any case, I'm thankful that I have one in my possession while watching its price skyrocket.    I have other LEs that are doing ok (ex: Skyrim, Persona 4 Golden, Virtue's Last Reward), but the whole craziness of Ni No Kuni is insane.  People are selling just the plushie for $50, even...

But yeah, I hear ya - sometimes I buy additional copies in case any of my friends wanted it but weren't able to get a copy.  For instance, I gave a friend one of my VLR watches since she wasn't able to purchase the game when they were still coming bundled with that bonus.

Speaking of which... http://www.aksysgames.com/2013/02/12/have-a-nice-trick/
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2013, 11:05:15 am »
Add Etrian Odyssey [NA] to my list of things I'm waiting for... Amazon relisted it as available directly from them w/ free 2 day shipping for Prime members. So I snatched it up. Yea, I totally caved for artwork.  :(

desocietas

« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2013, 11:12:15 am »
Add Etrian Odyssey [NA] to my list of things I'm waiting for... Amazon relisted it as available directly from them w/ free 2 day shipping for Prime members. So I snatched it up. Yea, I totally caved for artwork.  :(

lol, well I'm glad you'll get a nice minty fresh copy of it :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #148 on: February 14, 2013, 11:13:53 am »
Ya, and I'm gonna take Darko's advice and play through my EU version while leaving the NA one sealed. Then maybe I'll sell off the EU one after all the reprints are gone.

scott

« Reply #149 on: February 19, 2013, 07:37:58 am »
Muchi Muchi Pork / Pink Sweets has shipped! Now just the wait for it to get here from Play-Asia.