Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 171072 times)

argyle

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #570 on: March 06, 2014, 12:08:52 pm »
Have you played Xenoblade?  When trying to describe it to someone I always say it's basically a single-player MMO.  Anyway, I adore that game, my favorite RPG of the gen.  If only it was hd it would have been perfect!
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

scott

« Reply #571 on: March 06, 2014, 12:09:26 pm »
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - MMO-RPG, Square-Enix, releases April 14 for PS4, out now for PS3/PC.  Some people hate MMO's - if that's you, just disregard this.  ;)  I fall somewhere in the middle, I like them sometimes but I never get hardcore into them.  My wife and I played the PS4 beta together recently (yes, we're a 2-PS4 household...no kids = more toys for us :P ) and we really enjoyed it.  That combined with the fact that I hear there's a proper FF 60+ storyline to play through in the game has me very excited.  I'd also like to find some other people who play or who are planning to get the PS4 version.  :D  Again, trailer:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoWERpPz9ug[/youtube]

I currently play the PS3 version, but am going to likely swap out to the PC edition eventually. I'm on the Diabolos server, my character is Hayadi Hoyadi. The storyline is pretty epic and takes you through all the way into end game... but there is minimal voice acting and sometimes they really put me off (especially after playing the fully voiced SWOTR).
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

argyle

« Reply #572 on: March 06, 2014, 12:21:20 pm »
Great, I'll make sure to join that server.  :)

I noticed the lack of voice acting in the beta - would have been nice at least for the cut scenes.  Oh well, game still seems fun - I'm more concerned that they address the tiny font that was in the PS4 beta. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

soera

« Reply #573 on: March 06, 2014, 12:23:18 pm »
I do have Xenoblade, just havent started it yet (well, I played it for about an hour one night with the stepson and then got Bravely Default right after ... I need to put more time into it for sure).

I will say I watched 2 of the videos you linked. Fairy fencer is a definitely fuck yes. That looks exactly like what I am wanting. Right now its not even mentioned on NISA's website though. Drakengard is not what I was expecting and it looks neat but probably not something that would keep me focused.

I am going to go and take a look at Squenix's website and see if I can find a version of X/X2 I want to pre-order though. I think I need to give it a second try.

soera

« Reply #574 on: March 06, 2014, 12:26:14 pm »
Oh and I did give the Lightning returns demo a try. That is a pretty interesting game. The fight style seems pretty impressive but also seems like the character is simply too damned powerful. I did about a dozen fights and I dont think I took any damage in any of them.

argyle

« Reply #575 on: March 06, 2014, 12:32:12 pm »
I didn't care for the timer in LR at all.  I'll give it another try when it gets cheap, but the game is very big & seems to be begging to be explored while at the same time punishing you for doing so.   :-\

My FFX experience was interesting.  The first time I played it, I did not like it.  They had changed some things from the previous games in the series (I first started playing them with 7), such as ditching the overworld map, and I found the story confusing.  Towards the end I was just pushing through to see the credits which left me underpowered for the final boss and therefore that fight was more frustrating than it should have been.  Just did not like the game.

At the time, I was working with a good friend of mine who had also played it but DID enjoy it.  Off and on the game would come up, and I would tell him what I didn't like while he would counter with why it wasn't really a bad thing.  He also explained the story more to me and generally just kept talking up the game.  So when they announced FFX-2, I decided I would give FFX one more shot before the sequel released.  So this time I started the game knowing more what I was in for and played it more slowly.  And I found myself getting absolutely absorbed by it.  I couldn't believe I had complained about things in the game I was now loving, and by the time I reached the end a second time I had decided it was my favorite game in the series.  Still is.   :)

soera

« Reply #576 on: March 06, 2014, 12:35:09 pm »
I went to watch the trailer and it looks pretty badass. I want one of the limited editions from SE website but I didnt realize the game is coming out this soon. I dont think I can afford to pick it up yet. :(

scott

« Reply #577 on: March 06, 2014, 01:08:12 pm »
I do have Xenoblade, just havent started it yet (well, I played it for about an hour one night with the stepson and then got Bravely Default right after ... I need to put more time into it for sure).

Dude you need to play more Xenoblade! The story in that game had me so invested in it, it was ridiculous. I think after I finish playing Lords of Shadow 2, I'll pop it in and finish it off too... I might start over though.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:10:45 pm by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

argyle

« Reply #578 on: March 06, 2014, 02:15:42 pm »
I'll say this, if you're looking for a fun way to burn 100 hours then Xenoblade will do that and more - I think I had clocked around 120 in it by the time the credits rolled, and there was still a lot I missed.  Incredible game! 

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #579 on: March 06, 2014, 02:43:30 pm »
Well...since Bobster's "Too good to be true" deal on Atelier Escha + Logy blazed right on by before I could get in on it - I went to GS today & pre-ordered it & will just pick it up there in 5 more days  ;D

Anyone else here getting/playing this one?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

bobster

« Reply #580 on: March 06, 2014, 02:47:45 pm »
Well...since Bobster's "Too good to be true" deal on Atelier Escha + Logy blazed right on by before I could get in on it - I went to GS today & pre-ordered it & will just pick it up there in 5 more days  ;D

Anyone else here getting/playing this one?
That deal went insanely quick. I'm glad I found it when I did! I'm pretty psyched to try a new series (I've never played an Atelier game.)
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #581 on: March 06, 2014, 02:55:00 pm »
Getting?  Yes.  Playing?  Not for a while.  :P  I wouldn't even be picking it up next week if not for that deal. 

Anyone else getting Dark Souls II next week?  I've never really gotten into that series, tho I really want to, so I'm hoping this will be the one that pulls me in. 

« Reply #582 on: March 06, 2014, 02:57:33 pm »
Getting?  Yes.  Playing?  Not for a while.  :P  I wouldn't even be picking it up next week if not for that deal. 

Anyone else getting Dark Souls II next week?  I've never really gotten into that series, tho I really want to, so I'm hoping this will be the one that pulls me in.

I'm getting it on PC, which is still a few months away. I enjoyed Dark Souls for the most part, not a favorite of mine, but it has some good ideas to ti.

soera

« Reply #583 on: March 06, 2014, 03:00:36 pm »
Well, I decided on what Im going to do. First I will most definitely pick up Fairy fencer F. Game looks amazing. I will also get a play through of Xenoblade (not sure why this didnt even register for me at first). Im also going to try to pick up the following : Guided fate paradox, Dragon's crown and eventually Ill get me a copy of FF X/X-2.

Any other suggestions? :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #584 on: March 06, 2014, 03:03:55 pm »
Well, I decided on what Im going to do. First I will most definitely pick up Fairy fencer F. Game looks amazing. I will also get a play through of Xenoblade (not sure why this didnt even register for me at first). Im also going to try to pick up the following : Guided fate paradox, Dragon's crown and eventually Ill get me a copy of FF X/X-2.

Any other suggestions? :)

GFP?!

Man...I heard that!

In fact...I 2nd and 3rd that   :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"