Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 171072 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #720 on: March 27, 2014, 10:07:50 am »

Anything that I've ever sold (or bought) here has always been for cash through the mail & there's never been a problem w/ sending or receiving it.

Not exactly on topic, but I never send cash through the mail, I had several rounds get pinched back in the day, and never again. That's what money order is for, because if it gets stolen, you have recourse. But if it's worked for you, keep on trucking. xD;

Oh, I'm also okay with "cash equivalents" (like Postal Money orders, AMEX traveller's cheques, etc).

Also Everything I send & almost everything that I receive has tracking + delivery confirmation, too.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 10:09:40 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #721 on: March 28, 2014, 09:09:12 am »
So I played some of the Conception II demo last night and...I *really* like it!  Parts of it - the look & the combat - remind me some of Persona.  So now I'm debating placing a preorder down on it to ensure I get the soundtrack.   :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

anruiukimi

« Reply #722 on: March 28, 2014, 10:58:50 am »

Anything that I've ever sold (or bought) here has always been for cash through the mail & there's never been a problem w/ sending or receiving it.

Not exactly on topic, but I never send cash through the mail, I had several rounds get pinched back in the day, and never again. That's what money order is for, because if it gets stolen, you have recourse. But if it's worked for you, keep on trucking. xD;

Oh, I'm also okay with "cash equivalents" (like Postal Money orders, AMEX traveller's cheques, etc).

Also Everything I send & almost everything that I receive has tracking + delivery confirmation, too.

Ah, okay, I was wondering. I've been buying/selling online too long, the thought of cash only horrified me a bit :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #723 on: March 28, 2014, 11:28:11 am »
Well, some other considerations of mine are:

a).  This place (*especially* the regular & consistent members and posters) has felt more like a community of brothers, sisters, and close friends to me than any other generic & anonymous group of on-line people whom I've never met irl - so much so, that I never felt that trust (IE me saying that I'd never received $ that someone sent and/or someone saying that "the check's in the mail" OR "I sent it...*Really* - it must have gotten lost in the mail" was never even an issue that I've worried about -AND-

b).  All but one of my 'real' cash transactions here have had me always sending or receiving amounts of $100 or less.

* The exception being when I bought ~ $500, or so of items  from CranberryRiddles.

While he's an extremely rare & inconsistent poster here, we've known each other for at least 5 years or so from elsewhere so he had enough trust in me to tell me (and give me a tracking #) the day that he shipped everything -AND- I mailed him a postal money order for 1/2 of the agreed upon total, and the same day that I received everything - I mailed him a 2nd postal money order for the remaining 1/2.

I dunno - maybe I've just been lucky & a pretty good judge of character (which I am) in all of my on-line transactions so far...

anruiukimi

« Reply #724 on: March 28, 2014, 03:27:05 pm »
Oh, I understand fully. I just know what the PO can do to mail first hand AND through my work, sadly. I've had to send back payments at work because the checks/money orders have been completely obliterated by the post. It's actually rather sad sometimes. ^^;

I've had a few of my etsy sales never show at their destination, and I was 99% the buyers were being upfront with me. For me, it's often postal errors than scammers, it seems. I once bought a LP on Ebay, which never showed after waiting almost 3 weeks (and he had sworn that he had shipped it asap,) so I got a refund through paypal. It showed up a month and a half later, with a postmark that showed that he HAD shipped it when he said he had. I sent him his money again. Wacky stuff~

scott

« Reply #725 on: March 31, 2014, 04:46:44 pm »
Yay! My copy of Demon Stone finally arrived after being lost in the mail for a month. wee.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #726 on: March 31, 2014, 06:06:00 pm »
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace drops tomorrow....  I am hype....

karyann

« Reply #727 on: April 01, 2014, 01:00:43 pm »
After playing the Conception II demo, I pre-ordered it. I want that soundtrack! I don't know how long I'll play that game, but it seems quite fun. Babies everywhere!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #728 on: April 01, 2014, 02:22:39 pm »
After playing the Conception II demo, I pre-ordered it. I want that soundtrack! I don't know how long I'll play that game, but it seems quite fun. Babies everywhere!

So...it's a:

"Baby-Making-Sim"?!  :P

I've got it pre-ordered also (Vita version); are you getting it for the Vita or the 3DS, Karyann?

*Another* pre-order of mine that I'm pretty stoked for should actually be getting here a week or 2 after Conception 2 comes out -

Demon Gaze...

...anyone else getting/thinking about snatching that one up?

argyle

« Reply #729 on: April 01, 2014, 04:47:43 pm »

So...it's a:

"Baby-Making-Sim"?!  :P

I've got it pre-ordered also (Vita version); are you getting it for the Vita or the 3DS, Karyann?

*Another* pre-order of mine that I'm pretty stoked for should actually be getting here a week or 2 after Conception 2 comes out -

Demon Gaze...

...anyone else getting/thinking about snatching that one up?

Yup, getting both of those, both for Vita.  It's too bad the Vita doesn't have any games, huh?  :P
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

karyann

« Reply #730 on: April 01, 2014, 05:05:17 pm »
I'm getting Conception for the 3DS! And yeah, it's kinda a baby-making sim :P In the demo you run around with 9 babies all the time, and it seems like you can/have to make babies ALL the time with the heroines. Kinda funny concept. :P

I'll have to take a look at Demon Gaze, I have no idea what that game is. But since I don't have a Vita yet, I'm in no hurry to acquire games for it.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #731 on: April 01, 2014, 05:14:12 pm »
I'm getting Conception for the 3DS! And yeah, it's kinda a baby-making sim :P ...blah...blah...

You had me at "baby making sim" but then I trailed off.  ;D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #732 on: April 01, 2014, 05:21:06 pm »
Yup, getting both of those, both for Vita.  It's too bad the Vita doesn't have any games, huh?  :P

So the gossip goes  ;)

Talk to Sandi?

argyle

« Reply #733 on: April 01, 2014, 05:33:56 pm »

So the gossip goes  ;)

Talk to Sandi?

Just now, and I sent you a PM about it.  :D

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #734 on: April 01, 2014, 08:31:46 pm »
I'm getting Conception for the 3DS! And yeah, it's kinda a baby-making sim :P In the demo you run around with 9 babies all the time, and it seems like you can/have to make babies ALL the time with the heroines. Kinda funny concept. :P

Shit I was thinking from the Trailers that game was more of a Sakura wars style game... Well now to try out the demo and see if I want to keep that pre-order