Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 171074 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #750 on: April 06, 2014, 04:50:40 pm »
So after some (internal:) back-n-forth - I went ahead & pre-ordered the CE of the PS3 Hakuoki game coming out on 5-7-14  :D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #751 on: April 06, 2014, 05:15:46 pm »
I've been playing the last PS4 FF XIV beta this weekend.  It's gonna be a LONG week until the game launches & I can play again.   :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

argyle

« Reply #752 on: April 07, 2014, 12:49:10 pm »
So now *I'm* waiting on Sorcery Saga too, thanks once again to Kenny's bad influence.  :P

became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #753 on: April 07, 2014, 02:01:52 pm »
So now *I'm* waiting on Sorcery Saga too, thanks once again to Kenny's bad influence.  :P

What landed you on my side of the fence  ;)

Did you read Kashell's review then?

What'd ya go with...vanilla or CE?

Speaking of CE's...ye-a-a-h; decided to downgrade my pre-order of the Hakuoki CE to the game-only version (*after* seeing what my extra $20 for the CE was getting me:)  :o

That'll teach me (maybe) to stop always just pre-ordering the CE by 'default'  8)

Argy - you should be getting those DanganRonpa boxes today; let me know how they are  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #754 on: April 07, 2014, 02:23:39 pm »
What landed you on my side of the fence  ;)

Did you read Kashell's review then?

What'd ya go with...vanilla or CE?

Speaking of CE's...ye-a-a-h; decided to downgrade my pre-order of the Hakuoki CE to the game-only version (*after* seeing what my extra $20 for the CE was getting me:)  :o

That'll teach me (maybe) to stop always just pre-ordering the CE by 'default'  8)

Argy - you should be getting those DanganRonpa boxes today; let me know how they are  ;D

The review + the fact that I saw how scarce it was already.  There's no Gamestop within 100 miles of me that has it, and they don't even offer it online anymore.   :o  Most other retailers never sold it to begin with, so...figured I'd better jump now.  And the only negative - if you can call it that - he said about the game in the review is that you have to like Rogue-likes to enjoy it.  And I do.  :)

Went with the CE because it was only $10 more, and I had a $10 Amazon credit anyway.  Goofy stuff included, but I do like unique collectables (I have such oddities as a Starfox Adventures car air freshener and a Steambot Chronicles mini harmonica in my swag collection).   

Even so, I may downgrade my Hakuoki as well - I forgot that it's a $20 difference on that one, was thinking it was only $10.  The extras in that set definitely don't look like they justify $20. 

I'll be sure to fill you in once the boxes arrive.  :D

« Reply #755 on: April 07, 2014, 09:00:41 pm »
You have good taste in games  ;D

Thanks! Haha.

I just started buying collector's editions as I am so deceived I didn't pick up some when I should have. (Bravely Default for exemple... :()

anruiukimi

« Reply #756 on: April 07, 2014, 10:39:36 pm »

The review + the fact that I saw how scarce it was already.  There's no Gamestop within 100 miles of me that has it, and they don't even offer it online anymore.   :o  Most other retailers never sold it to begin with, so...figured I'd better jump now.  And the only negative - if you can call it that - he said about the game in the review is that you have to like Rogue-likes to enjoy it.  And I do.  :)

Went with the CE because it was only $10 more, and I had a $10 Amazon credit anyway.  Goofy stuff included, but I do like unique collectables (I have such oddities as a Starfox Adventures car air freshener and a Steambot Chronicles mini harmonica in my swag collection).   

Even so, I may downgrade my Hakuoki as well - I forgot that it's a $20 difference on that one, was thinking it was only $10.  The extras in that set definitely don't look like they justify $20. 

I'll be sure to fill you in once the boxes arrive.  :D

Awww, I like the extras! I can always use more Japanese-style hair pins. :D

Warmsignal

« Reply #757 on: April 08, 2014, 04:05:15 pm »
One game I'm kind of waiting for is a lesser known title, Raven's Cry. Should be hitting stores in May. It's a pirate themed game, and I've been wanting to play a good one for a while. I like to consider myself a supporter of TopWare, they make often underrated triple-a titles. They've been in some legal trouble with Lucas Arts over some stupid chess game for the past two years, but they're getting ready to release Raven's Cry finally. I hope it does at least as well as Two Worlds II did.

http://www.ravenscry-game.com/en/
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 04:16:22 pm by Warmsignal »

karyann

« Reply #758 on: April 09, 2014, 10:56:20 am »
I ordered Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Children Red Book from ebay. It's far from a pre-order since it's a gameboy color game, but I sure am waiting for it! :P I didn't know it existed before stumbling upon it while randomly browsing ebay. Seems like a crossover between Shin Megami Tensei and Pokemon.

bobster

« Reply #759 on: April 09, 2014, 10:59:35 am »
I ordered Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Children Red Book from ebay. It's far from a pre-order since it's a gameboy color game, but I sure am waiting for it! :P I didn't know it existed before stumbling upon it while randomly browsing ebay. Seems like a crossover between Shin Megami Tensei and Pokemon.
I noticed this game just yesterday while looking at the Wikipedia article of all of Altus' games. Seems interesting!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

karyann

« Reply #760 on: April 09, 2014, 11:07:19 am »
I noticed this game just yesterday while looking at the Wikipedia article of all of Altus' games. Seems interesting!

Yeah, it definitely caught my interest! I just added all 3 versions (Red/Black/White book) to the database, I intend on buying them all eventually. But I'll start with just one for now :) They're pretty cheap, too.

argyle

« Reply #761 on: April 09, 2014, 11:34:15 am »
I watched some YouTube videos late last year by a hardcore SMT fan who had pretty much every game in the series Japanese & US releases, and he went over them one by one giving a mini-review & explanation of them.  That's the first I had heard about those GBC games.  It's a 5-part video because he covers EVERYTHING SMT related - spin-offs, the works.  Very informative & interesting if you're a fan of the series.  Anyway, here's a link to part 2 where he talks about the Devil Children games:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzxY3SjcXt8[/youtube]

scott

« Reply #762 on: April 12, 2014, 04:39:26 pm »
Canceled Jojo and Conception II. So I currently don't have anything I'm waiting for. :(
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #763 on: April 13, 2014, 02:47:55 pm »
Is there anyone else who is getting frustrated with the lack of info regarding Pier Solar HD's release? I have scoured Watermelon's website and forums and the only info I can find is that they "might" be releasing it the end of this month. I understand making a game like this takes time, and that is totally okay, but it would be nice to get some official updates.

karyann

« Reply #764 on: April 13, 2014, 04:53:06 pm »
I watched some YouTube videos late last year by a hardcore SMT fan who had pretty much every game in the series Japanese & US releases, and he went over them one by one giving a mini-review & explanation of them.  That's the first I had heard about those GBC games.  It's a 5-part video because he covers EVERYTHING SMT related - spin-offs, the works.  Very informative & interesting if you're a fan of the series.  Anyway, here's a link to part 2 where he talks about the Devil Children games:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzxY3SjcXt8[/youtube]

I answered yesterday, but it seems my post was lost during the site's downtime :o Thanks a lot for the link, I saved it to my watch list! Seems really interesting  :D