Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 171067 times)

karyann

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #780 on: April 16, 2014, 07:46:11 pm »
Maybe one of the US folks would be kind enough to drop a order in for you. Unfortunately, I can't since I'm being irresponsible just ordering my own copy. :\

It's okay, I wouldn't have ordered it anyway because it would be irresponsible of me too :) But I'm still jealous you're getting favours as our neighbours :P

desocietas

« Reply #781 on: April 16, 2014, 08:25:24 pm »
Just put in a preorder for Drakenguard 3 on Amazon. :D

Amazon US has them? CA doesn't :( I thought it was only available from the Square Enix website, too.

Let me know if you'd want me to include that with your Pokemon figures, Karyann!    Not sure if you have the funds for it, but I'm happy to spot ya for the preorder.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #782 on: April 16, 2014, 09:44:04 pm »

Let me know if you'd want me to include that with your Pokemon figures, Karyann!    Not sure if you have the funds for it, but I'm happy to spot ya for the preorder.

Thanks a lot, but I'll pass this time :) If I'm to drop $70, I currently prefer to do it on many items rather than just one. I guess it will eventually go down in value, I'll just take it then. I should be done with school by then!

bobster

« Reply #783 on: April 17, 2014, 09:09:24 am »
I got an email this morning about it. I REALLY wanted to get that game, but wasn't going to go through SE's webstore. Once I got that email, I put up the order instantly.

http://www.amazon.com/Drakengard-3-PlayStation/dp/B00J6DLPLK/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1397668175&sr=1-1&keywords=drakengard+3
SE's webstore is the worst. They have terrible customer service too.

I hear this a lot, but I gotta say I've had 4 orders fulfilled by them so far this year (Lightning Returns CE, FFX-X2 CE, FFXIV PS4 CE & a order of random games they had on sale) and haven't had any trouble with any of them.  They all arrived on time (FFXIV actually got here before release day) and all in perfect condition.  Compared to other retailers I've been dealing with online lately - Amazon, who almost always packages CE shoddily so they arrive damaged and Best Buy who not only packages stuff poorly but also has it consistently get to me the day AFTER release - they're doing fantastic.  I can't speak for their customer service because I haven't had to contact them, but otherwise I have zero complaints *knock on wood*.
My girlfriend ordered Lightning Returns CE for me along with a cactuar plushy. The plushy went on back order so they held up the entire order for about 2 months. She called them a bunch and they were just uncooperative.

I personally have had a decent experience, but that was buying only one thing. I guess your mileage might vary!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

argyle

« Reply #784 on: April 18, 2014, 09:53:55 am »
I got an email this morning about it. I REALLY wanted to get that game, but wasn't going to go through SE's webstore. Once I got that email, I put up the order instantly.

http://www.amazon.com/Drakengard-3-PlayStation/dp/B00J6DLPLK/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1397668175&sr=1-1&keywords=drakengard+3

I hear this a lot, but I gotta say I've had 4 orders fulfilled by them so far this year (Lightning Returns CE, FFX-X2 CE, FFXIV PS4 CE & a order of random games they had on sale) and haven't had any trouble with any of them.  They all arrived on time (FFXIV actually got here before release day) and all in perfect condition.  Compared to other retailers I've been dealing with online lately - Amazon, who almost always packages CE shoddily so they arrive damaged and Best Buy who not only packages stuff poorly but also has it consistently get to me the day AFTER release - they're doing fantastic.  I can't speak for their customer service because I haven't had to contact them, but otherwise I have zero complaints *knock on wood*.
My girlfriend ordered Lightning Returns CE for me along with a cactuar plushy. The plushy went on back order so they held up the entire order for about 2 months. She called them a bunch and they were just uncooperative.

I personally have had a decent experience, but that was buying only one thing. I guess your mileage might vary!

Oh sure, and I'm not denying that others have had problems - they clearly have, I've heard a ton of stories.  I've avoided the particular pitfall you ran into by only ordering things together that release at the same time (FFX-X2 I ordered both PS3 & Vita versions together, I ordered 2 copies of FFXIV - one for me & one for my wife - etc.).  As for customer service, based on my recent experience I'd be surprised if anyone could top NISA.  Just unbelievably good service from that company, makes me want to support them that much more. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #785 on: April 18, 2014, 10:02:08 am »

Oh sure, and I'm not denying that others have had problems - they clearly have, I've heard a ton of stories.  I've avoided the particular pitfall you ran into by only ordering things together that release at the same time (FFX-X2 I ordered both PS3 & Vita versions together, I ordered 2 copies of FFXIV - one for me & one for my wife - etc.).  As for customer service, based on my recent experience I'd be surprised if anyone could top NISA.  Just unbelievably good service from that company, makes me want to support them that much more.

Sandi's *MY* girl  :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #786 on: April 18, 2014, 10:42:27 am »
Hehe, don't worry, I'm spoken for.  ;)

But seriously, it's not just that - I'm very impressed with how they email you before they ship a preorder to let you know you should double-check your shipping & billing info.  A nice extra effort that's appreciated.  And when they had the recent shipping snafu with Danganronpa (where they had apparently switched to a new shipping company for the first time) they not only quickly offered replacements to anyone affected but apparently corrected the issue because when The Witch & The Hundred Knight shipped it was packaged very well. 

Basically, they genuinely seem to care about their customers, which is rare these days.  :)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #787 on: April 18, 2014, 11:13:12 am »
Hehe, don't worry, I'm spoken for.  ;)

But seriously, it's not just that - I'm very impressed with how they email you before they ship a preorder to let you know you should double-check your shipping & billing info.  A nice extra effort that's appreciated.  And when they had the recent shipping snafu with Danganronpa (where they had apparently switched to a new shipping company for the first time) they not only quickly offered replacements to anyone affected but apparently corrected the issue because when The Witch & The Hundred Knight shipped it was packaged very well. 

Basically, they genuinely seem to care about their customers, which is rare these days.  :)

Q.F.T.!

Preach on, brother Argyle  ;D

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #788 on: April 18, 2014, 03:50:44 pm »
I pre-ordered the Retron5 in September. Still waiting on it. Even put Christmas on hold. :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #789 on: April 21, 2014, 12:06:25 pm »
I just ordered a (PS3) copy of Hatsune Miku, 'cuz I saw how hard they were getting to find & how much their price has been increasing  8)

karyann

« Reply #790 on: April 21, 2014, 01:54:31 pm »
I just ordered a (PS3) copy of Hatsune Miku, 'cuz I saw how hard they were getting to find & how much their price has been increasing  8)

They're bringing us another Project Diva game? I should really get the first one at least. I've been holding on since it's 50-60$, but if it's to get higher in price... now would be a better time.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #791 on: April 21, 2014, 03:45:45 pm »

They're bringing us another Project Diva game? I should really get the first one at least. I've been holding on since it's 50-60$, but if it's to get higher in price... now would be a better time.

Yeah, the one that I ordered is the 1st game -and- (on Amazon, at least) there were 1 or 2 left (around the $50 range (*sealed*) & the rest were already at $100+)!

I'm pretty sure that I heard something about another one; heh...they even have a specially-made controller for it (going for around another $150)  :o

But, yeah - I'd guess that now would be a good time to get the 1st one if you're interested in it because I doubt that it's going to start going down in price...

argyle

« Reply #792 on: April 21, 2014, 03:46:32 pm »

From where? 

I'm debating canceling my Jojo's BA: ASB.  Not that I don't want it, but I've just picked up so much recently.  The only thing that's making me hesitate is the fact that only 2 places are selling a physical copy of it and I'm afraid it will be hard to find if I wait.   :-\

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #793 on: April 21, 2014, 03:52:07 pm »

From where? 

Amazon.

I think there's still 1 or 2 new ones on there @ $50; then, the next one's $100 (for a few copies) & the next one jumps to ~$150.

My friend from GS was telling me that no stores within 100 miles of me had it (new or used) and that (she thought) they were trying to & told to buy-up & hold onto any loose copies that come into the store...I was gonna get it eventually, anyways...just convinced me to do so now rather than later  ;)

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #794 on: April 22, 2014, 07:05:51 pm »
I managed to sneak in a pre-order for Watchdogs CE for PS4 at Best Buy the other day....  I love how they seem to sell out of theirs so much later than everyone else....