Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 170867 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #1050 on: July 31, 2014, 08:20:32 pm »
I am waiting for the 10-pack of AG3 watch cell batteries I ordered on Amazon to arrive so I can resurrect this baby and wear it out and about!

Had it since I was a kid! Found it in my garage while looking for some of my lost Game Boy games.

« Reply #1051 on: July 31, 2014, 11:17:59 pm »
I am waiting for the 10-pack of AG3 watch cell batteries I ordered on Amazon to arrive so I can resurrect this baby and wear it out and about!

Had it since I was a kid! Found it in my garage while looking for some of my lost Game Boy games.

Man I want that lol I got a Ocarina of Time pocket watch myself I had since I was young.  I feel like I had a Donkey Kong watch like that one though...

soera

« Reply #1052 on: August 01, 2014, 01:15:22 am »
Holy crap, I remember that watch. It was one of the coolest things I owned when I was a kid. I want it back!!!! :D

« Reply #1053 on: August 01, 2014, 02:27:03 am »
Thought maybe I had the Donkey Kong one, but I looked it up and I don't think I had that one.  Not sure what I am thinking of right now lol

pacpix

« Reply #1054 on: August 01, 2014, 03:06:31 am »

I had a friend sell me one of these a couple of years ago.  It is one of my favorite pieces in my collection.  I have never been able to finish the game though.  It is harder than Adventure of Link!  :D
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1055 on: August 01, 2014, 03:32:15 am »
I beat it a couple of times. It was certainly not easy. Mainly because it's actually awkward as hell to play with the attack button on the side.

I could only play for a little while before my hands would cramp up.

argyle

« Reply #1056 on: August 01, 2014, 07:49:24 am »
Picked up some really cheap games using some of the Gamestop b2g1 <$20 coupons yesterday.  Most of them were things I was putting back in my collection that I used to own or replacing digital copies with physical ones.  But I picked up one that I had never played before, Fuel.  An offroad racer by the guys behind the Dirt & Grid series, it has an awesome free-roam mode that lets you just drive in any direction and discover challenges, vistas, collectables, etc.  Seems like an excellent pickup for only $5 (less factoring in the b2g1). 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

bobster

« Reply #1057 on: August 01, 2014, 10:09:44 am »
That's an awesome watch Dash! I hope it still works when you get your batteries in!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

scott

« Reply #1058 on: August 01, 2014, 10:57:53 am »
I canceled my Pre-order of Persona Q...

And instead I Pre-ordered the Wild Cards edition of it! Damn I want that 3DS case...
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

abe

« Reply #1059 on: August 01, 2014, 11:20:38 am »

And instead I Pre-ordered the Wild Cards edition of it! Damn I want that 3DS case...

In Japan you can buy the case separately, but it's kinda expensive if you want to import it.
Here's a link to the listing on Play-Asia: http://www.play-asia.com/persona-q-design-case-for-3ds-ll-paOS-13-49-en-70-7kmp.html
Here's another website selling one: http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-nintendo-3ds-accessories/10465-compact-pouch-case-persona-q-designed-3dsll-en.html
There's really no sense in importing it though if you want to buy Persona Q anyways. It's best just to buy the premium edition.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

scott

« Reply #1060 on: August 01, 2014, 02:40:10 pm »
I'm a big fan of Persona stuff, so of course I want Persona Q. Also I really like Etrian Odyssey and when I found out that it was a Persona spin-off w/ EO gameplay I was hooked.

I was going to go with the regular edition, but when I saw that case I was like... SOLD.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1061 on: August 01, 2014, 03:23:59 pm »

...I've done the same (w/o re-ordering one).

I don't like the idea of the Persona games releasing on handhelds instead of consoles (in addition to would be just fine) -and- as a Big fan of "voting with my wallet", I'm not sure that it's something that I want to support.

Then again, there's still many weeks, several months, and my B-Day between now & when it releases and that *is* a very cool case for the 3DS...so, anything is still possible!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #1062 on: August 01, 2014, 03:43:23 pm »

I don't like the idea of the Persona games releasing on handhelds instead of consoles (in addition to would be just fine) -and- as a Big fan of "voting with my wallet", I'm not sure that it's something that I want to support.

Then again, there's still many weeks, several months, and my B-Day between now & when it releases and that *is* a very cool case for the 3DS...so, anything is still possible!

I could see your point if not for 2 things:

1) This is a spin-off, not a main entry in the series

2) Persona 5 has already been announced for the PS3

:)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1063 on: August 01, 2014, 03:54:29 pm »

Heh, it's those two very points that will probably sell me on letting somebody else buy it for me for my B-Day - I have no qualms about what anyone/everyone else does with their wallets   :P

Is there anything concrete (like a release date?) on P5?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #1064 on: August 01, 2014, 04:02:20 pm »

Heh, it's those two very points that will probably sell me on letting somebody else buy it for me for my B-Day - I have no qualms about what anyone/everyone else does with their wallets   :P

Is there anything concrete (like a release date?) on P5?

The most "concrete" release date we've gotten so far for Persona 5 is some time in 2015 for North America. I haven't heard about much regarding Persona 5 and Persona 4 Dancing All Night since the first time they were announced for localization over here.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)