Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 170860 times)

scott

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #1065 on: August 01, 2014, 05:26:56 pm »
I canceled my Pre-order of Persona Q...

...I've done the same (w/o re-ordering one).

I don't like the idea of the Persona games releasing on handhelds instead of consoles (in addition to would be just fine) -and- as a Big fan of "voting with my wallet", I'm not sure that it's something that I want to support.

Then again, there's still many weeks, several months, and my B-Day between now & when it releases and that *is* a very cool case for the 3DS...so, anything is still possible!

Personally, I'll take any release over no US releases any day. Which is why I backed Diamond Trust of London on DS, and Class of Heroes 2 for PSP. And why I'll buy any physical release of an Atlus title. Doesn't matter if it's on a large or small screen, so long as it's coming stateside.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1066 on: August 02, 2014, 09:19:57 am »
I canceled my Pre-order of Persona Q...

...I've done the same (w/o re-ordering one).

I don't like the idea of the Persona games releasing on handhelds instead of consoles (in addition to would be just fine) -and- as a Big fan of "voting with my wallet", I'm not sure that it's something that I want to support.

Then again, there's still many weeks, several months, and my B-Day between now & when it releases and that *is* a very cool case for the 3DS...so, anything is still possible!

Personally, I'll take any release over no US releases any day. Which is why I backed Diamond Trust of London on DS, and Class of Heroes 2 for PSP. And why I'll buy any physical release of an Atlus title. Doesn't matter if it's on a large or small screen, so long as it's coming stateside.

I get that way of thinking - that anything is better than nothing, I really do...and I've made exceptions to my own guidelines several times.

I don't like supporting digital-only games because, if digital-only games get enough support - from a financial & bottom line point of view, at least - companies would be foolish to ever make physical versions of their games; especially when people will pay just as much for the digital versions.

That said, there's been a few digital-only games that I've wanted to play badly enough to buy.

I think that it's a slippery slope kind of thing though, because if "anything is better than nothing"...then companies can get away with giving us/selling us...*anything* and, once that precedent's set - they'll be able to get away with giving us less and less precisely because they're confident that we'll buy (read: settle for) whatever they give us.

Just my opinion but, I think that the "anything is better than nothing" mindset gives the companies entirely too much power and makes the consumers way too powerless & desperate.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #1067 on: August 02, 2014, 09:26:19 am »
By any release, I mean physical release. As long as it on Any form of console, tv based or handheld, it doesn't matter to me. As long as we are getting it in the US too.

I only go Digital on PC any more (Steam). Or if it's something that will never see a disc release ever (Castle Crashers, Super Meat Boy, etc).
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1068 on: August 02, 2014, 05:56:59 pm »
Saw this beautiful bundle on Craigslist last night (while camping actually).

It's the 60gb launch model with hardware PS2 compatibility. Never had a YLOD. Comes with 3 controllers, wireless headset, every Call of Duty Game for PS3 (I'll be putting those in my sell list as I am not really a COD fan at all.), and all boxes and manuals.

I'm technically over my self imposed spending limit for this month but when I called my wife and told her about it she was like "the PS2 hardware compatible version? Ever YLOD? How much? Jump on that we can finally retire the PS2 fat!"

I love my wife. :)

I have a 500gb harddrive for it already (got it for my existing PS3 but never installed it).

I'm picking it up in 3 hours and I can barely wait!

I probably should wait and post this in the August pickups thread, but I need to kill the next 3 hours somehow! :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 05:59:33 pm by dashv »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1069 on: August 06, 2014, 01:17:35 am »
Watch batteries arrived!

The Zelda Watch lives!!! :D

« Reply #1070 on: August 06, 2014, 01:28:17 am »
Found out I could pre-order the upcoming Zelda Monopoly board game coming out next month from Gamestop, so I did lol

abe

« Reply #1071 on: August 06, 2014, 08:34:30 am »
Finally got around to preordering Persona Q's Premium Edition. I was so busy drooling over the 3DS case and tarot cards it comes with, I completely forgot it also has an artbook and soundtrack. :P This is definitely one of my most anticipated releases for the season!
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #1072 on: August 06, 2014, 10:00:53 am »
It was just announced that EU is getting a Hyrule Warriors bundle w/ the scarf that Japan got.  C'mon NOA, don't make us US fans import - bring that bundle out here too!!!  :D

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/06/hyrule-warriors-eu-special-edition-keeps-your-neck-toasty/
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #1073 on: August 06, 2014, 10:06:50 am »
It was just announced that EU is getting a Hyrule Warriors bundle w/ the scarf that Japan got.  C'mon NOA, don't make us US fans import - bring that bundle out here too!!!  :D

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/06/hyrule-warriors-eu-special-edition-keeps-your-neck-toasty/

Even if you did import it, you couldn't play it because the WiiU is region locked. :'( I wish Nintendo would stop region locking their crap. >:(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #1074 on: August 06, 2014, 10:11:34 am »

Even if you did import it, you couldn't play it because the WiiU is region locked. :'( I wish Nintendo would stop region locking their crap. >:(

Ah crap, you're right. :(  Too used to Sony's region-free policy I suppose. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1075 on: August 14, 2014, 03:01:48 am »
Couldn't hold out anymore. Pulled the trigger on Parasite Eve for ps1 on ebay.

« Reply #1076 on: August 26, 2014, 11:08:47 am »
Once I cash some paychecks I'm going to be pre-ordering the Super Smash Bros. Wii U controller bundle.

« Reply #1077 on: August 31, 2014, 06:59:03 pm »
My current list right now is...

Dead Rising 3 on Steam
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Super Smash Bros Bundle
Link Amiibo

Would've had the Zelda Amiibo also, but when I went to Gamestop, they didn't have an SKU for her for some reason, so I'll head back this week to see if they have her for pre-order.  I'm also thinking of Samus, but Zelda and Link are the main ones.  I also had the Monopoly Zelda pre-ordered, but money is tightening up abit and it comes up in the middle of September which has DR3 and Hyrule Warriors, not too mention a small convention coming up so I need at least a few bucks.

davifus

« Reply #1078 on: September 04, 2014, 04:37:16 pm »
Degenki bunko FIGHTING CLIMAX

Sinon nendoroid

PS Vita IA/VT -COLORFUL- Crystal BOX Limited Edition

I cant wait for them.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

foxhack

« Reply #1079 on: September 04, 2014, 04:44:04 pm »
I only go Digital on PC any more (Steam). Or if it's something that will never see a disc release ever (Castle Crashers, Super Meat Boy, etc).

Uh. Super Meat Boy got a physical release. >_>