Author Topic: Recently Added to Other Collections  (Read 89990 times)

foxhack

Re: Recently Added to Other Collections
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2012, 09:20:12 pm »
I don't believe I mentioned these music finds from the past week.

Scatman John / Scatman's World
Mark Snow / The Truth and the Light: Music From The X-Files
Jamesie and The Allstars / We don' skylark
They Might Be Giants / Here Come The 123s
They Might Be Giants / Apollo 18

Came out to $6 total, not including Pac-Man. Apollo 18 is a replacement copy, the one I bought ages ago was kinda beat up.

jcalder8

« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2012, 12:01:11 am »
@foxhack, how do you track your cds? How many do you have?

foxhack

« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2012, 12:25:23 am »
@foxhack, how do you track your cds? How many do you have?
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Foxhack

This says I have around 1156 CDs right now, but that's not accurate. I'm still missing around 400 that I haven't catalogued or even entered into the database, not to mention all my less-than-legal digital albums... most of which are video game soundtracks. >_>
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 12:27:27 am by foxhack »

tpugmire

« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2012, 08:39:14 am »
I also collect the Hallmark Star Wars christmas ornaments.  Yesterday 2 new ornaments were released, and I was able to get them both.  LEGO Stormtrooper and Darth Vader peekbuster.

I have most of these too.  I'm missing the Episode II-ish Yoda they released, but I have all the others.  It makes a pretty awesome tree with my light up Yoda tree topper.

Do you have the convention exclusives too?  I'd love to get those, but at the prices they are going for, I doubt I ever will.  My collection is fairly small still.  I used to pick up one or two a year, but I stopped for a while, so I have a pretty big gap.  I only got serious in 2008 or so, and have most of them fromthere on.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2012, 10:25:15 am »
I also collect the Hallmark Star Wars christmas ornaments.  Yesterday 2 new ornaments were released, and I was able to get them both.  LEGO Stormtrooper and Darth Vader peekbuster.

I have most of these too.  I'm missing the Episode II-ish Yoda they released, but I have all the others.  It makes a pretty awesome tree with my light up Yoda tree topper.

Do you have the convention exclusives too?  I'd love to get those, but at the prices they are going for, I doubt I ever will.  My collection is fairly small still.  I used to pick up one or two a year, but I stopped for a while, so I have a pretty big gap.  I only got serious in 2008 or so, and have most of them fromthere on.

I only have the ones they released in the stores.  I do have a the limited edition ones though.  My wife has the pretty tree and me and the boy have an awesome Star Wars tree.

jcalder8

« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2012, 05:29:12 pm »
@foxhack, thanks for the site. My wife casually collects CDs so this will help her keep them organized.

tpugmire

« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2012, 09:46:37 am »

I only have the ones they released in the stores.  I do have a the limited edition ones though.  My wife has the pretty tree and me and the boy have an awesome Star Wars tree.

That's awesome, my wife said she wants to do the same thing once I get enough ornaments.  I need to go back and buy a bunch of the older ones.  What is this Yoda tree topper you speak of?  I got some R2-D2 christmas tree lights a few years ago that I plan on using on my tree eventually.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2012, 09:59:59 am »
Recently added some CDs to my slowly growing CD collection....

Velvet Revolver - Contraband
Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger
Rush - A Show of Hands
Pantera - Reinventing the Steel
Ozzy Osbourne - Down to Earth
Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood
The Crow Soundtrack

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2012, 10:27:33 am »
Recently added some CDs to my slowly growing CD collection....

- Looks like we have some similar tastes in bands (if not the same albums, so much) :P

Velvet Revolver - I have 1 of their CD's...just can't remember what the name of it is (pretty sure it's their 1st one, though).

Rush - I've got/love Moving Pictures & 2112.

Pantera - Loved them from the start - actually saw them in NYC on their "Cowboys From Hell" tour (also my favorite album of theirs).

Ozzy Osbourne - I've got soooooo very much love & appreciation (of Rhandy Rhoads' raw & pure talent as a guitarist...and...I love the way that he used/blended his classical training w/ hard-rock.  Shame we lost him so early.

(I'm speaking as an ex-guitarist myself, here).

Obviously enough, then, my favorites are, of course, "Diary of a Mad-Man" and "Blizzard of Ozz".

- However, I also think that he (Ozzy) lucked-out w/ getting both Jake E. Lee & Zakk Wylde as his later guitarists; that is, in terms of both being quite talented guitarists (no "Rhandy" of course), but both very talented none-the-less.

So, I also have/like Bark at the Moon and The Ultimate Sin.
I didn't keep-up w/really like the ones after that as much.

* On a *Funny* note - I made sure to him him on his Ultimate Sin tour (as it was being marketed as "certainly his last tour ever"  :o

Meh, At least I saw the show (and Motorhead, too:)

Motley Crue - I have/my favorites are:

Too Fast For Love, Shout At the Devil (are, IMO, their best work);
though...I still hung w/ them and "kinda' liked" Girls, Girls, Girls, Theater of Pain, an Dr. Feelgood...anything after that...not so much
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2012, 10:14:23 pm »
Added all 5 Planet of the Apes films to my DVD/Blu Ray Collection. The GF has never seen any of them and we'll be watching them all over the course of the next few days. I'm excited, I love these movies!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

lordmeatpie

« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2012, 03:45:26 am »

Just added a bong-size stack of NES games to my collection today.
Crowning item from the haul was Nobunagas Ambition 2.
Broken down from total, each game cost me $2.50

;D
Now Playing: Borderlands 2 (PS3) / Crystalis (NES)

https://www.facebook.com/lordmeatpiegrind
The Obnoxious Canadian Acoustic Grinder

foxhack

« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2012, 12:31:04 pm »
Wrong thread, dude.

And uh... you better be using that thing legally.

lordmeatpie

« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2012, 12:54:07 pm »
Wrong thread, dude.

And uh... you better be using that thing legally.

Oh crap haha yeah I thought this was just the regular collections thread, srry!

And as far as legal goes, legal and illegal are only as good as the people that make the laws.
Retro games and smoking chronically go hand in hand :)
Now Playing: Borderlands 2 (PS3) / Crystalis (NES)

https://www.facebook.com/lordmeatpiegrind
The Obnoxious Canadian Acoustic Grinder

foxhack

« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2012, 03:42:31 pm »
I bought the Indie Royale Fall pack today and was going to skip the bonus album, but then I started to listen to it and ... wow.

http://makeupandvanityset.bandcamp.com/album/88-88

You can stream the whole thing online for free. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it definitely was worth the extra three bucks I paid for it.

foxhack

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2012, 03:34:38 pm »
I got a bunch more CDs today but the one that caught my eye the most was this one.

This is a soundtrack album for the "The Crow: Stairway to Heaven" television series and it was only given out to the show's cast and crew, and friends of the show. And I found a copy of it today for two bucks.

Well worth it despite having Dragula. :P (I kinda hate the song since it's been overused for years.)