Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1545679 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #15555 on: February 05, 2021, 11:38:35 am »
Anyone had a backordered purchase from GameStop? They are not exactly known for bringing games back into stock once they're gone. I mean, it was on sale for a bit, then went out of stock when I went to buy it, then it was suddenly available again, so I jumped on it. Now unavailable again. Status "awaiting product availability". I kinda wonder if anything will ever come of it.

Never had that happen from GameStop, but I did from Amazon. After 3 months of being told they'd restock it, I demanded a refund. They argued back and forth before I threatened to pull my account completely, then they refunded me.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15556 on: February 05, 2021, 06:53:36 pm »
Anyone had a backordered purchase from GameStop? They are not exactly known for bringing games back into stock once they're gone. I mean, it was on sale for a bit, then went out of stock when I went to buy it, then it was suddenly available again, so I jumped on it. Now unavailable again. Status "awaiting product availability". I kinda wonder if anything will ever come of it.
I have, but usually when that happens they reach out to stores until they find a store with a copy that matches what you bought (new/used) and the store sends it direct.  Usually wind up with New in a GS case or used loose (or even no disc) from my experience

That's not encouraging. I paid for a new one. Anything less than that, and I'm just taking it back to my closest store for a refund.

Never had that happen from GameStop, but I did from Amazon. After 3 months of being told they'd restock it, I demanded a refund. They argued back and forth before I threatened to pull my account completely, then they refunded me.

What grounds did they have to not refund? Clearly they can see that they never shipped you anything.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15557 on: February 05, 2021, 07:01:08 pm »
I have, but usually when that happens they reach out to stores until they find a store with a copy that matches what you bought (new/used) and the store sends it direct.  Usually wind up with New in a GS case or used loose (or even no disc) from my experience

That's not encouraging. I paid for a new one. Anything less than that, and I'm just taking it back to my closest store for a refund.

What grounds did they have to not refund? Clearly they can see that they never shipped you anything.

They said it was past the 30-day refund period.

kashell

« Reply #15558 on: February 11, 2021, 07:23:51 am »
w00t. I got my 100th platinum last night. My first platinum was for a Castlevania game, so I decided to go full circle and get the platinum in Castlevania Requiem.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15559 on: February 12, 2021, 03:55:50 pm »

« Reply #15560 on: February 13, 2021, 06:02:33 am »
Yeah, I read that, too.  "We are providing the same service as retailers!". Bullshit.  Retailers markup their prices from wholesale because of the service they provide of bringing the product to market.  You are doing the exact opposite.

kashell

« Reply #15561 on: February 13, 2021, 11:39:57 am »
Their snowflake realness is pretty hilarious.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #15562 on: February 13, 2021, 05:22:53 pm »
Don't buy from a scalper and you are good to go
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #15563 on: February 14, 2021, 01:42:03 pm »
The GF and I have set up a private Minecraft Server - Bedrock version - and if anyone would like to join our tiny community, please feel free to send me PM for server info!

Warmsignal

« Reply #15564 on: February 16, 2021, 12:09:17 am »
Well, I did get my Giraffe and Annika new/sealed as advertised. So I guess GS came through on that product restock.

« Reply #15565 on: February 16, 2021, 11:51:51 am »
Because Texas is woefully unprepared for cold weather, everything has shut down down here, tons of people are without power, and tons of people, myself included, have burst pipes.

One of my exterior spigots is apparently split off from the main line through the house so running a dripped faucet did nothing for that one pipe, and it being just a spigot on the wall, nothing for me to really insulate... so it burst at some point yesterday in my garage.  Nothing near it, so no secondary damage, but I'm without water until I can get someone to come out and repair it.  Home warranty doesn't cover acts of god or what not and I'm sure the damage is low enough that the home insurance won't pay out.

Warmsignal

« Reply #15566 on: February 16, 2021, 03:07:28 pm »
Oh man, bursting pipe is some crap. I once had the pipes from the boiler burst and start dumping water all through the eves and onto the ceilings of the first story, in like 3 different places it had to be welded back together. It's one of those crappy heating setups you have to run constantly as it doesn't have a frost watch setting to my knowledge.

tripredacus

« Reply #15567 on: February 17, 2021, 09:37:04 am »
One of my exterior spigots is apparently split off from the main line through the house so running a dripped faucet did nothing for that one pipe, and it being just a spigot on the wall, nothing for me to really insulate... so it burst at some point yesterday in my garage.

This can happen to anyone and it happened to me a few years ago. I had come home from work to find the entire side of my house frozen because a small crack appeared in the faucet. This is because the faucet is outside all of the time and likely there already was a problem with it that was ignored. Such as, perhaps it dripped a little when you had something hooked up to it. In areas that normally get cold, you would fix that right away because you wouldn't want to have to fix it in the winter.

« Reply #15568 on: February 17, 2021, 09:54:15 am »
I've mentioned in this thread previously, but I've had tons of water leaks in my home due to issues with the PEX pipe that the house was built with.  It's infuriating.  At least it sounds like you aren't dealing with too much damage.

« Reply #15569 on: February 17, 2021, 10:08:44 am »
It broke inside the wall, so it sounds like there wasn't anything for me to do about it.  It's probably because the insulation in the walls of this house are shoddy or non-existent.  No clue when I'll get someone out, because it sounds like no plumbers are out working here as long as temps are below freezing.

Shoveling and melting snow for non-potable reasons.