Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1597170 times)

bobster

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5445 on: January 05, 2015, 03:04:09 pm »
I forgot about Lightning Returns being in my backlog until you just mentioned it. Maybe I'll dive into that after Escha. Or, maybe I'll take an RPG break.

dark: In case you want to pass some time, reviews are up for Guilty Gear Xrd and Hatsune Miku 2. There are a few others for some older SNES games, but they were just put there because I was bored.
Speaking of, I'd love to read your Suikoden II review. I assume this is all on GameFAQS somewhere, but if you could point me to the right place, that'd be appreciated  :).
Currently Playing: The Witcher

kashell

« Reply #5446 on: January 05, 2015, 03:05:00 pm »
Surely! I'll send you a PM.

bobster

« Reply #5447 on: January 05, 2015, 03:05:36 pm »
How very professional of you  ;D. Thanks!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5448 on: January 05, 2015, 04:52:36 pm »
word of warning, we're a better team on the road  ;)

Looking forward to it though!

Would you like to make a gentlemen bet? Packers win, you rock a packer avatar of my choice for a week. and if cowboys win, ill rock a cowboys avatar of your choice for a week.

Let me know :D

ah, it's been a while since I've had an avatar bet. I'm down. *shakes hand*

its on *shakes hand*
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

argyle

« Reply #5449 on: January 05, 2015, 04:57:00 pm »

Hit me up too Kash, I'd love to read some of your stuff.

BTW, I did end up grabbing Xrd after all, had enough GS points to get a $25 coupon along with another $5 one I already had, so I figured I could do half price. Haven't put much time into it yet, but I've really enjoyed what I have. That game is gorgeous!  ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #5450 on: January 05, 2015, 10:08:28 pm »

Hit me up too Kash, I'd love to read some of your stuff.

BTW, I did end up grabbing Xrd after all, had enough GS points to get a $25 coupon along with another $5 one I already had, so I figured I could do half price. Haven't put much time into it yet, but I've really enjoyed what I have. That game is gorgeous!  ;D

Yeah, the game is quite lovely. Sure thing! I'll be sending you a PM in a moment. ^^

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5451 on: January 06, 2015, 06:57:56 am »
Points proudly down at the 21st NA platinum for Tears to Tiara 2 ;D

Moving on:

CoH2G!

|
|
|
|
|
V
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 07:00:54 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #5452 on: January 06, 2015, 08:16:09 am »
Points proudly down at the 21st NA platinum for Tears to Tiara 2 ;D

Moving on:

CoH2G!

|
|
|
|
|
V

I'm at work, so the PSN stuff doesn't show up due to the site being blocked. That said...

Congratulations!!!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5453 on: January 06, 2015, 09:12:00 am »
Thanks Kash -

I seem to be strangely fond of & attracted to playing & platting games that do their best to...'break' me, discourage me, and do their sadistic best to turn me aside from doing so :-\

I'd place Tears to Tiara 2 into the same (8-9/10 difficulty) as Cross Edge & Disgaea D2.  IMO, I haven't platted any 10/10 games, in fact - the only one on my trophy list that I'd even rate as a 10, would be Guided Fate Paradox which, iirc, I surrendered to, still ~3 trophies shy of its platinum ("Surrender" /=/ 'losing', mind you...it means just deciding *not* to fight anymore); for the time being - who knows what the future holds? 8)

Other games I've came close to platting, but haven't:

Disgaea 3 & 4 because a lot of them are contingent on my sitting there, re-setting, and praying to a (non-existent) RNG God,

FFX & X-2 because they have boring and, not handily beaten 1-handed side quests like lightning-dodging, chocobo-racing, and butterfly-chasing (in X) and, Gunner's Gauntlet (in X-2)...in other words - when I'm no longer having *fun* with the game + with, literally, hundreds of games in my backlog (that I *want*) to play, yet un-played. the game comes out, no matter how close to platting it I am.

Btw, speaking of X-2, has anyone here tried/beaten the post-game roguelike content added to the HD re-mastered versions?

I was FF'd the "F" out (having played through them back-to-back), and mean & plan to revisit it, one day...

Congrats to you too, kash!

I spied, with my widdle eye, a copy (that I know you've been wanting!) of Dark Cloud in your collection ;D

Do you now have them both?

If so, you need to get yer ass in gear, *(After* playing & platting Tears to Tiara 2, obviously:) & play them!  While they might be a bit older, they have one of the best (to date!) systems for upgrading weapons AND, Spheda is one of the best mini-games (to date!).

Still no Last Rebellion?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 09:14:22 am by disgaeniac »

kashell

« Reply #5454 on: January 06, 2015, 09:35:04 am »
That's right! Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle (Cloud 2) have been added. Dark Cloud 2 was a gift. Dark Cloud (which I actually played years and years ago when it was first out) I found while doing some bargain hunting. I doubt I'll ever go back to Dark Cloud. There were too many things wrong with it that outshined the things that it did right. I hear all of those were fixed in Dark Cloud 2, thankfully.

And never feel bad about surrendering! After I got my platinum in Star Ocean 4, I decided to never go through that much trouble for 100% completion again. That was easily a 10/10 in terms of time and difficulty. I can only imagine Cross Edge being in the same boat due to the grinding for titles. I hear GFP is hella difficult by itself. But, to platinum it...my word. I don't know if I could do another 10/10.

Anyways, congrats on the Tears to Tiara 2 platinum once again. Have a drink; you've earned it. And in case you want even more evil and sadistic games to platinum, I highly recommend looking into Record of Agarest Zero and/or Mugen Souls!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5455 on: January 06, 2015, 10:05:01 am »
Anyways, congrats on the Tears to Tiara 2 platinum once again. Have a drink; you've earned it. And in case you want even more evil and sadistic games to platinum, I highly recommend looking into Record of Agarest Zero and/or Mugen Souls!

I've got both Mugen Souls games & RoAW zero, 1, and 2.  I'm guessing/assuming that their plats are all similar to CE's.  From what I remember Creeky saying - the fact that I liked & platted CE would be a huge help in playing, understanding, and platting the Agarest games; you agree?

The only one I've actually played (for...3-5 hours(?), I think - it was years ago) was Zero.

I found myself thinking that it was 'alright'.  Greatly factoring into my opinion of it (by lowering it) was that I'd never played, liked, wanted to play, and/or thought that I ever *would* like, play, and/or want to play) any game that wasn't voiced in English.  As a matter of fact - I think that, when I bought & started playing Zero, I was surprised; unhappily *shocked*, more like, to find out that there was no English voices in the game >:(

TtT2's the 1st game like that, that I've ever platted (played > a 10th of)...and I'm now looking forward to more such games!

kashell

« Reply #5456 on: January 06, 2015, 10:20:49 am »

I've got both Mugen Souls games & RoAW zero, 1, and 2.  I'm guessing/assuming that their plats are all similar to CE's.  From what I remember Creeky saying - the fact that I liked & platted CE would be a huge help in playing, understanding, and platting the Agarest games; you agree?

The only one I've actually played (for...3-5 hours(?), I think - it was years ago) was Zero.

I found myself thinking that it was 'alright'.  Greatly factoring into my opinion of it (by lowering it) was that I'd never played, liked, wanted to play, and/or thought that I ever *would* like, play, and/or want to play) any game that wasn't voiced in English.  As a matter of fact - I think that, when I bought & started playing Zero, I was surprised; unhappily *shocked*, more like, to find out that there was no English voices in the game >:(

TtT2's the 1st game like that, that I've ever platted (played > a 10th of)...and I'm now looking forward to more such games!

With the first Agarest and with Agarest Zero, they play like standard SRPGs aside from the fact that you can make your team attack all at once for some impressive effects. The crafting system is just like Cross Edge's. Agarest 2, which happens to be my favorite, has a battle system similar to Cross Edge and keeps the crafting system. When you do play Agarest 2, you'll notice that the first chapter acts as an appetizer of what's to come. I was very frustrated with the battles at first because they felt too restrictive. However, by the time I got to the second chapter, things really opened up and the amount of stuff you can do is impressive. I'm really excited for you to get into that game.

All of them are in Japanese with no English voices, but since you liked Tears to Tiara, I think you'll like the stories in the Agarest games. Especially Agarest 2; man that was a great tale.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5457 on: January 06, 2015, 11:10:10 am »
How are you doing, looking, thinking, and feeling about Escha + Logy's plat, Kash?

I'm seeming to remember it as being the quickest & the easiest of the 5 Atelier games I've platted.  I'm thinking that you've also played & platted all 5 too, right?  Would you agree?

I'm guessing that playing -and- maybe platting CoH2G, is going to be (much like Tears to Tiara 2), another pretty long & difficult plat with steep learning curves, sharp & frequent difficulty spikes, some grinding required, and chock-full of many new systems, sub-systems, sub-sub-systems, etc & mechanics to wrap my head around...it's probably not a great idea for me to play it right after finishing a game like Tears to Tiara 2, but - it's what I feel like playing ;)

Some tentative thoughts & ideas for after it?

Possibly, since you said it's another "Last Rebellion" (quick-n-easy game to plat), Toki & Towa.

Some other runner-up's = Costume Quest 2, Child of Light, Pier Solar, getting back to Rorona + or FFX-2, and/or actually *using* my PS4 and/or PSTV and trying out Natural Doctrine, The Wolf Among Us, seasons 1 & 2 of The Walking Dead, Sherlock Holmes, Akiba's Trip, Diablo Ultimate Evil, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Bound by Flame, the Evil Within, Last of Us Remastered, Murdered Soul Suspect, Thief, and/or Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (for my PS4) *OR* Conception II, DanganRonpa 1 & 2, Demon Gaze, Neptunia: Producing Perfection, Mind Zero, Persona 4 Golden (already played the vanilla, PS2 one), Sorcery Saga, and/or Virtue's Last Reward (which, I believe, is one that you said should only be played after 999) on my big HDTV, via my PSTV.

Big 1st World Problems...

Anyone who's played/spent any time with any of the above-mentioned games (I'm guessing Greg, Kash, Soera, Davifus, Abe, Amauriel, and maybe a few others have played some/ALL (looks at Argyle)  :P of these, please chime-in with your thoughts & impressions of them...

bobster

« Reply #5458 on: January 06, 2015, 11:18:40 am »
I can't speak for most of those, but The Walking Dead season 1 was quite good and a short little diversion if you want to break up your RPG kick. I need to do that occasionally. I picked up the 2nd season during this last steam sale but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Also, everyone really raves about The Wolf Among Us.

As for Record of Agarest War Zero, I picked that up on the cheap way back when from Newegg. I played it for about an hour and I wasn't really impressed. I probably should have given it more time honestly, but there's always other games to play! So, I agree with you on the "just alright" mentality. Then again, SRPGs might not be my thing. I haven't played a modern one in a while. I'm a big fan of Front Mission games though.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5459 on: January 06, 2015, 11:34:25 am »
I can't speak for most of those, but The Walking Dead season 1 was quite good and a short little diversion if you want to break up your RPG kick. I need to do that occasionally. I picked up the 2nd season during this last steam sale but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Also, everyone really raves about The Wolf Among Us.

As for Record of Agarest War Zero, I picked that up on the cheap way back when from Newegg. I played it for about an hour and I wasn't really impressed. I probably should have given it more time honestly, but there's always other games to play! So, I agree with you on the "just alright" mentality. Then again, SRPGs might not be my thing. I haven't played a modern one in a while. I'm a big fan of Front Mission games though.

Hmm, I know that I've got a (PS1) Front Mission game, a (PS2) one, and a (PS3) one :o

What are they like & about?

I *have* heard love for (especially, the PS1) games, iirc - so I've had some...I guess that you could call it "Passive" interest" in the games for awhile.

Are all of them the same in gameplay & mechanics?

Is there story, character, world, etc continuity & carry-over in all of the games?