Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1597134 times)

bobster

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5460 on: January 06, 2015, 11:44:32 am »
I can't speak for most of those, but The Walking Dead season 1 was quite good and a short little diversion if you want to break up your RPG kick. I need to do that occasionally. I picked up the 2nd season during this last steam sale but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Also, everyone really raves about The Wolf Among Us.

As for Record of Agarest War Zero, I picked that up on the cheap way back when from Newegg. I played it for about an hour and I wasn't really impressed. I probably should have given it more time honestly, but there's always other games to play! So, I agree with you on the "just alright" mentality. Then again, SRPGs might not be my thing. I haven't played a modern one in a while. I'm a big fan of Front Mission games though.

Hmm, I know that I've got a (PS1) Front Mission game, a (PS2) one, and a (PS3) one :o

What are they like & about?

I *have* heard love for (especially, the PS1) games, iirc - so I've had some...I guess that you could call it "Passive" interest" in the games for awhile.

Are all of them the same in gameplay & mechanics?

Is there story, character, world, etc continuity & carry-over in all of the games?
Maybe I overstated how big a fan I am lol. I just looked and there's a lot more games than I realized. I played a fan translation of the Super Famicom game (the 1st one) back in highschool, then played 3 and 4. The second game (on PS1) was never translated for the US. Maybe someone made a fan translation for it, but I never played it. As far as the US is concerned Front Mission 3 was the first game here.

They're basically a SRPG Mech game. Think Gundam in video game form. Or any of the Super Robot Wars/Taisen games. I played them so far apart, I couldn't tell you if there was any continuity between them, but most of the story involves politics and rebellion. I'm not sure if that's a theme you'd appreciate, but Mech games always seem to do it for me lol.

It sounds like you probably have 3, 4, and Evolved which is a spinoff apparently.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

kashell

« Reply #5461 on: January 06, 2015, 11:48:28 am »
I never played them aside from a demo of FM3. I recall really liking it.

I actually had a question about Escha. I just finished off the final boss and I have 195 days left. Should I just focus on making the best stuff until the time runs out? I'm pretty sure that I'm about done with character events.

Agarest Zero is a love it or leave it game in my opinion. The good thing about it is that it includes Digest Mode, which is the condensed form of the first Agarest War.

soera

« Reply #5462 on: January 06, 2015, 11:51:57 am »
Some other runner-up's = Costume Quest 2, Child of Light, Diablo Ultimate Evil, Dragon Age: Inquisition, the Evil Within

Im assuming CQ 2 is just like the first one.
Child of Light is probably one of the most awesome games to come out in a while.
Diablo ROS is amazing. Im actually considering starting playing it again.
Dragon age is the #1 game on my wishlist atm as far as future playthroughs. I just finished Mordor and it was pure epic.
The evil within just wasnt my cup o`tea. The horror genre is hard for me to get into and this game fits that.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5463 on: January 06, 2015, 12:09:41 pm »
For E+L Kash - as long as you're not trying to level everyone all the way up on this playthrough - then, absolutely - craft the best stuff you can to carry-over & make the next time through that much quicker & easier.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #5464 on: January 06, 2015, 12:11:03 pm »
For E+L Kash - as long as you're not trying to level everyone all the way up on this playthrough - then, absolutely - craft the best stuff you can to carry-over & make the next time through that much quicker & easier.

Then I'll begin the farming and such. *sigh* This is the first Atelier that has given me difficulty in terms of having the right items to make stuff. All of the others gave me more raw materials than I needed. I won't be training to level 99 until my next file.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5465 on: January 06, 2015, 12:25:39 pm »

Then I'll begin the farming and such. *sigh* This is the first Atelier that has given me difficulty in terms of having the right items to make stuff. All of the others gave me more raw materials than I needed. I won't be training to level 99 until my next file.

Can you craft the item that you can use to raise the quality of items found?

I remember needing them & needing to use them, much more often in E+L than in the previous games.

yep, bobster - just looked at my PS1 Front Mission game and, it is indeed, FM3!

kashell

« Reply #5466 on: January 06, 2015, 12:32:15 pm »
Do you mean the Dowsing Rod? I have one of those. I guess I can make more and use them non-stop. I'm also missing a gatherable item that refuses to show up for Awin's weapon.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5467 on: January 06, 2015, 01:52:34 pm »
Do you mean the Dowsing Rod? I have one of those. I guess I can make more and use them non-stop. I'm also missing a gatherable item that refuses to show up for Awin's weapon.

Yes, the Dowsing Rod can help.

But, I forget what they're called, I was referring more to...maybe they're green?

maybe they look like bottles?

maybe they look like and/or are called/shaped like lanterns?

it's been too long, but - I think that the Dowsing Rod might raise the quality or quantity of *dropped* items; while, what I'm talking & thinking about, raises the quality or quantity of the *found* / harvested items & raw materials, instead.

were you talking about having more trouble getting drops that you need *or* finding materials that you need?

BTW - Which/Who's guide or FAQ are you using?

kashell

« Reply #5468 on: January 06, 2015, 03:06:34 pm »
I've been using Malduke's guide. At least, I was. Now I'm just flying solo and checking the trophy guide in order to make sure I got all of the events and to check the best effects/traits.

I'm talking about items you find in the field. The Dowsing Rod helps with artifacts you find when your search bar reaches 100% or more. What I'm looking for is (allegedly) a material that you gather. The Lanterns you're talking about increase the search bar so you don't lose your time.

Is there something that helps with regular material gathering?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5469 on: January 06, 2015, 03:50:01 pm »
I've been using Malduke's guide. At least, I was. Now I'm just flying solo and checking the trophy guide in order to make sure I got all of the events and to check the best effects/traits.

I'm talking about items you find in the field. The Dowsing Rod helps with artifacts you find when your search bar reaches 100% or more. What I'm looking for is (allegedly) a material that you gather. The Lanterns you're talking about increase the search bar so you don't lose your time.

I was thinking that there was...

I've been trying to remember what it was called/looked like and - now I've got "Plant Nutrients" and, *maybe* a green bottle in mind.

Do you have any or know what they do?

kashell

« Reply #5470 on: January 06, 2015, 04:22:10 pm »

I've been trying to remember what it was called/looked like and - now I've got "Plant Nutrients" and, *maybe* a green bottle in mind.

I'll look when I get back home. Now I'm curious, too. Thanks for your help, as usual!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5471 on: January 06, 2015, 04:28:18 pm »

I'll look when I get back home. Now I'm curious, too. Thanks for your help, as usual!

No problem, as usual ;)

kashell

« Reply #5472 on: January 06, 2015, 06:19:50 pm »
Alright, I found one. All of the characters have their best weapons now.

« Reply #5473 on: January 06, 2015, 10:41:45 pm »
First off, this is not aimed at anyone here on VGcollect, but at someone in another online gaming community I belong to.

So someone posted that they were able to preorder the Majora's Mask LE in store at Gamestop, even though after trying myself in person at one store and calling 2 others, I'm being told you have to wait until tomorrow to do in store preorders. Some other person in this group, who is actually a youtuber (I won't drop his name even though he deserves to be called out on this one) said that he preordered two and said that he'd be fine selling me his second preorder at retail + shipping. He messages me 5-minutes later and says, "oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about Amiibos, I already sold the second preorder on Ebay."

First off, when the hell were Amiibos ever mentioned, we were all talking about Majora's Mask? Second, this POS probably looked up what they were going for on Ebay, saw $$$$$ and reneged, hence the really lame excuse. Needless to say I am pretty pissed off. And finally, this same asshole complains about scalpers, especially recently with the Amiibo crap that has been going on.

The lack of integrity and amount of fucking greed in this hobby is astounding at times, especially since that community is about helping other collectors out and not being a reselling, hypocrite, scalping douche. I'm seriously 90% pissed about his actions than I am about not having the Majora's MasK LE. Some people in this hobby are such assholes.

I'm done, rant over.

maximo310

« Reply #5474 on: January 07, 2015, 01:10:23 am »
I still couldn't believe how the original Gamestop pre-order for the Majora's Mask LE sold out in 15 minutes. Amazon sold out a little while later.
Gamestop puts up another Majora's Mask LE bundle with a guide. That sells out in about half an hour.

They really should have had a bigger supply of these, especially if they were only $50.