Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1659629 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9360 on: February 02, 2016, 12:26:30 pm »
Thanks handsome!  ;D

Any time, snuggle bug!

Have fun! Secret of Mana is such a wonderful game!

Yes...one of those wonderful, memorable SNES games.   ;)

An SNES game that I can play over and over. Who knew? ^.~

telly

« Reply #9361 on: February 02, 2016, 12:31:10 pm »
^^ Lol to both of you guys. I've played a tiny bit of the game in the past so I kindof know about the first half hour or so. Glad to have a definitive answer on that now.
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

gf78

« Reply #9362 on: February 02, 2016, 12:44:22 pm »
 ;D
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9363 on: February 02, 2016, 01:05:04 pm »
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-02/nintendo-profit-falls-36-as-lack-of-hits-hurts-holiday-sales

Ouch, even the 3DS isn't doing well for Nintendo.

I hope Nintendo can overcome this slump. I don't want to see yet another piece of my childhood fall.

desocietas

« Reply #9364 on: February 02, 2016, 02:23:53 pm »
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-02/nintendo-profit-falls-36-as-lack-of-hits-hurts-holiday-sales

I hope Nintendo can overcome this slump. I don't want to see yet another piece of my childhood fall.

Ouch.  I think they really were hoping for the best with Yokai Watch, but that game fell so hard on its face. The game itself is probably fine, but people just didn't snatch it up the way they thought folks would.

If anything, most of my friends are on their 3DSes these days playing Final Fantasy Explorers. Maybe with Bravely Second and FE Fates, things will look up.  But yeah, their holiday lineup was pretty poor in 2015.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #9365 on: February 02, 2016, 03:12:40 pm »

Ouch.  I think they really were hoping for the best with Yokai Watch, but that game fell so hard on its face. The game itself is probably fine, but people just didn't snatch it up the way they thought folks would.

If anything, most of my friends are on their 3DSes these days playing Final Fantasy Explorers. Maybe with Bravely Second and FE Fates, things will look up.  But yeah, their holiday lineup was pretty poor in 2015.
j

While Pokémon carries on, similar games aren't faring as well.  It didn't help that one of their main critters is a human ass with a pile of shit for hair.  They even sent out masks of this ill-conceived character (the paper ones with a rubber band to hold it to your head) to GameStop and other shops to promote it. 

As mentioned, the holiday line-up was piss poor.  They aren't even trying at this point.  Nintendo "pulled a Sony" with the New 3DS and pretty much sent it out to die with one lone game requiring it.  And Xenoblade Chronicles on the 3DS was by most accounts a crappy port job.

Nintendo wants to be an independent company with their own hardware, dancing to the beat of their own drum.  Unfortunately, they release their software like a 3rd party developer and have almost zero support from the actual third party guys.  The results are a game coming out here and a game coming out there with these huge gaps with no new software released. 

I've loved Nintendo from the early days of the NES but man...they make it hard.  I'm to the point where I just don't really care anymore.  Since before the launch of the N64 and it's bone-headed, ass-backwards refusal to move away from carts, Nintendo has been crushing my hopes.  And every time I think they are on the right track and start to actually be excited by the prospects of what they can do....they disappoint me again. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9366 on: February 02, 2016, 03:15:51 pm »
Anyone get Digimon today?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9367 on: February 02, 2016, 04:52:36 pm »
Have you guys ever been in a situation on Craigslist, or at a yard sale, or something; where you see a PS2 or XBox 360 for sale; and they want like $150 or something? But they're really only worth about $50. So naturally, you try to talk them down...and then they get all pissy and offended. They try to tell you that they paid $300 or whatever as their giving you attitude about your offer.

It's happened a few times to me. Do these people realize that's not how supply and demand work? Nobody cares about how much you paid for it when it was new console, nobody is gonna pay you $100s of dollars for a console that's worth well under $100 no matter how much you paid!

« Reply #9368 on: February 02, 2016, 04:54:44 pm »
Have you guys ever been in a situation on Craigslist, or at a yard sale, or something; where you see a PS2 or XBox 360 for sale; and they want like $150 or something? But they're really only worth about $50. So naturally, you try to talk them down...and then they get all pissy and offended. They try to tell you that they paid $300 or whatever as their giving you attitude about your offer.

It's happened a few times to me. Do these people realize that's not how supply and demand work? Nobody cares about how much you paid for it when it was new console, nobody is gonna pay you $100s of dollars for a console that's worth well under $100 no matter how much you paid!
Yup, I generally just say "Ok, thanks anyway" after they say they want $150.

rayne315

« Reply #9369 on: February 02, 2016, 05:09:01 pm »

Actually that is exactly how supply and demand works (not saying you are in the wrong). It will just keep being unsold till either its droped in price to a reasonable level that someone will realistically pay or till the market for it picks up to a point where that $100 now becomes what someone is willing to pay.

Either way in todays market that is too much to pay.

Their is a pawn shop near me that takes this concept to the extreme. whenever they get something new in the price it to a ridiculous margin and just drop the price every month till it sells. they currently have 2 ROB's for $500 a piece one complete the other not. (keep in mind the price for these local complete is only about $100)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 05:16:02 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Warmsignal

« Reply #9370 on: February 02, 2016, 05:46:37 pm »
If they have it priced at $100 it's not worth bringing up. That's really what they want for it, maybe to them it's worth it, so slim chance they'll take half. Same thing at a game store, or anywhere where the prices seem really high, I wouldn't bother. I once had some crazy reseller try to tell me that Legend of Kage was the first game ever made on the NES. If that's what they think, I'm not going to argue with it. Usually just walk away if they clearly have no idea what they're peddling. Although, back in the time before time, that used to work to your advantage. People would sell you a game for $1 because it's old. Not anymore, now there's always a reason why it is has value, even if they're not sure what that reason is.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9371 on: February 02, 2016, 06:53:21 pm »
Yokai Watch >>>>>>>>> Pokemon. Fight me bros.

desocietas

« Reply #9372 on: February 02, 2016, 07:29:49 pm »

While Pokémon carries on, similar games aren't faring as well.  It didn't help that one of their main critters is a human ass with a pile of shit for hair.  They even sent out masks of this ill-conceived character (the paper ones with a rubber band to hold it to your head) to GameStop and other shops to promote it. 

As mentioned, the holiday line-up was piss poor.  They aren't even trying at this point.  Nintendo "pulled a Sony" with the New 3DS and pretty much sent it out to die with one lone game requiring it.  And Xenoblade Chronicles on the 3DS was by most accounts a crappy port job.

Nintendo wants to be an independent company with their own hardware, dancing to the beat of their own drum.  Unfortunately, they release their software like a 3rd party developer and have almost zero support from the actual third party guys.  The results are a game coming out here and a game coming out there with these huge gaps with no new software released. 

I've loved Nintendo from the early days of the NES but man...they make it hard.  I'm to the point where I just don't really care anymore.  Since before the launch of the N64 and it's bone-headed, ass-backwards refusal to move away from carts, Nintendo has been crushing my hopes.  And every time I think they are on the right track and start to actually be excited by the prospects of what they can do....they disappoint me again.

I loved the DS and the library that came from it.  It evolved beyond just gimmicky mini-games and became what was probably my favorite console ever. I recall the day I was stuck on "Trace Memory" and had to look up the solution to one of the puzzles.

Quick puzzle spoiler, though not plot-related: The solution involved closing the DS and putting it into sleep mode for a second to mimic pressing an "object" from the top screen onto an "object" on the bottom screen.

This totally blew my mind.  I'd never played a game that had involved this level of interactivity, crossing that 4th wall.

TL;DR ... The DS was awesome. The 3DS was disappointing.  I still don't play very much on it, and the library is still sorely lacking. A lot of the games that have come out could've easily been on the DS and probably would've been fine.  The article is right - there's just nothing in the library for either system that's inspiring people to buy either the Wii U or the 3DS.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9373 on: February 02, 2016, 10:03:18 pm »
TL;DR ... The DS was awesome. The 3DS was disappointing.  I still don't play very much on it, and the library is still sorely lacking. A lot of the games that have come out could've easily been on the DS and probably would've been fine.  The article is right - there's just nothing in the library for either system that's inspiring people to buy either the Wii U or the 3DS.

Are you serious?  I'm a huge 3DS fan.  I still play a lot of it.  I thought it was a hit.  I guess I was wrong. 

desocietas

« Reply #9374 on: February 02, 2016, 10:26:17 pm »

Are you serious?  I'm a huge 3DS fan.  I still play a lot of it.  I thought it was a hit.  I guess I was wrong.

I still like my 3DS but I suppose I had high hopes after the DS...? The 3DS is doing better than the Vita, if anything, ha, but I suppose that's not saying much.  And that article might be focusing more on the end of the year where there really weren't many additions to the 3DS library... there was Yokai Watch and Tri Force Heroes but both of those didn't seem to garner the attention that Nintendo though it would.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas