Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1659641 times)

rayne315

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9345 on: February 01, 2016, 04:02:03 pm »
So damn cold....and windy.... Who wants to come over and keep me warm? (as a friend).

Sure! Ill be big spoon you can be little spoon and we can take turns playing rounds of splatoon or something else
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Warmsignal

« Reply #9346 on: February 01, 2016, 07:11:47 pm »
Another year older, and none the wiser. Bleh.

karyann

« Reply #9347 on: February 02, 2016, 06:50:18 am »
I would so do that. Can we feed them, too?

That's a good question, I do hope so! Such a cute bunch of fluffy things  :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9348 on: February 02, 2016, 07:08:22 am »
Finished my 1st playthrough of Banner Saga.

Amazing game - it's the best $20 game that I've ever played.

Highly recommend!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

telly

« Reply #9349 on: February 02, 2016, 07:57:45 am »
Does anyone know how long it takes to get to two players in Secret of Mana? Was also wondering if it changes back to one player at all after the fact?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:17:32 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

gf78

« Reply #9350 on: February 02, 2016, 10:34:23 am »
I can understand lowballing, but reasonable offers are usually considered. I mean, last summer a guy wanted $160 for Magic Knight Rayearth. I offer him like $150, because the game was going for all different amounts in the $100 - $160 range at the time. He comes back with $159 counter offer. I begrudgingly accept it. Then, he ships it an unpadded bubble mailer like it's PS2 game or something, and the case hinge got broken in shipping. Better believe I complained about that. Ended up getting some of my money back on it. I think it was karma.  :P

Oh...the standard mailer.  I've vented before about buying a new/sealed copy of Perfect Dark for the N64 and the dick put it in a mailer.  Well, I just recently won a complete, boxed PC copy of Knights of the Old Republic.  What does the assbag do?  Plop it in a padded mailer.  For F's sake.  Luckily the contents weren't damaged-just the flattened box, but I don't even think I'll bother with complaining to him.  I'll just leave his ass a big negative.  Because he's an experienced seller and he should fucking know better. 

/end rant
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #9351 on: February 02, 2016, 10:43:02 am »
I can understand lowballing, but reasonable offers are usually considered. I mean, last summer a guy wanted $160 for Magic Knight Rayearth. I offer him like $150, because the game was going for all different amounts in the $100 - $160 range at the time. He comes back with $159 counter offer. I begrudgingly accept it. Then, he ships it an unpadded bubble mailer like it's PS2 game or something, and the case hinge got broken in shipping. Better believe I complained about that. Ended up getting some of my money back on it. I think it was karma.  :P

Oh...the standard mailer.  I've vented before about buying a new/sealed copy of Perfect Dark for the N64 and the dick put it in a mailer.  Well, I just recently won a complete, boxed PC copy of Knights of the Old Republic.  What does the assbag do?  Plop it in a padded mailer.  For F's sake.  Luckily the contents weren't damaged-just the flattened box, but I don't even think I'll bother with complaining to him.  I'll just leave his ass a big negative.  Because he's an experienced seller and he should fucking know better. 

/end rant
Bubble mailers are never acceptable for cardboard boxes or long box cases.

I bought on separate occasions a stack of Sega Saturn and Sega CD games, both guys threw them in a medium flat rate box, not quite big enough for the cases so they all arrived cracked and broken.

kashell

« Reply #9352 on: February 02, 2016, 11:01:11 am »
Does anyone know how long it takes to get to two players in Secret of Mana? Was also wondering if it changes back to one player at all after the fact?

It will take about one to two hours; even less time if you rush through the opening parts. Minor spoilers below:

The girl will rescue you from a goblin attack. You'll later meet her in Pandora. She'll ask to go with you, but your current objective is to go through Gaia's Navel. In order to have her stick with you in Gaia's Navel, you'll need to go to the Witch's Forest. The enemies here are really tough for that point, so be careful. At one point, she'll notice that the path is blocked and the only way to get through the obstacles is with an axe. She'll stick with you for the rest of the journey.

Note that it's possible to miss the event with the goblins, but it's only happened to me once. If that's the case, the girl won't join you until you meet her for the first time in the forest.

If you continue your current objective and go to Gaia's Navel, then she'll leave. It's not a big deal because the dungeon is really easy. On the other hand, if you wanted to do co-op then you'll want her along.

Have fun! Secret of Mana is such a wonderful game!

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9353 on: February 02, 2016, 11:13:36 am »
If you're mailing something that's boxed and not flattening the box out and putting it between 2 cardboard pieces before mailing you're doing it wrong IMO.

desocietas

« Reply #9354 on: February 02, 2016, 11:42:28 am »
If you're mailing something that's boxed and not flattening the box out and putting it between 2 cardboard pieces before mailing you're doing it wrong IMO.

If it's boxed, I usually mail it in a larger box with padding and such.

I won an eBay auction in the past for replacement original game case artwork for a Gamecube game, and the seller sent it to me folded *in half* in a manila envelope. It wasn't folded in the original listing  >:(
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #9355 on: February 02, 2016, 11:45:28 am »

I personally use various methods for mailing items.  As for games, if they are cheapies like $2-$8 PS2, Xbox or Gamecube games - I put a piece of cardboard on the front and back and send them in thicker padded mailers.  If they are a game that comes in a hard plastic case like PS1, Sega CD, Dreamcast, etc. - I package them in a box large enough that even if the post office tries to piledrive it, the game should survive intact.  Games in cardboard boxes, I take extra precautions.  I wrap them in bubble wrap, place them inside a walmart back and wrap that around them.  I try to recycle, so I use whatever supplies I have on hand including peanuts, wadded up newspaper, etc.

The main goal is to protect the item(s), and that the more fragile the item - the more protection it needs.  I also avoid tight packing.  You can wrap bubble wrap as tight as you want around a jewel case and put it in a box just a hair bigger.  It still has a very good chance of getting smashed.  For these types of items, I try to "suspend" them somewhere in the middle of the box, furthest away from the sides and corners. 

Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

gf78

« Reply #9356 on: February 02, 2016, 11:47:39 am »

If it's boxed, I usually mail it in a larger box with padding and such.

I won an eBay auction in the past for replacement original game case artwork for a Gamecube game, and the seller sent it to me folded *in half* in a manila envelope. It wasn't folded in the original listing  >:(

That's a dick move.  I would for sure have been blowing-a-gasket-pissed at that.  What are they thinking?  If you are buying an item-especially a replacement-you would think the seller would be intelligent enough to know you want it in the condition it is pictured in.  If not, why not just print off a copy of the cover at OfficeMax or something? 

telly

« Reply #9357 on: February 02, 2016, 11:48:58 am »

It will take about one to two hours; even less time if you rush through the opening parts. Minor spoilers below:

The girl will rescue you from a goblin attack. You'll later meet her in Pandora. She'll ask to go with you, but your current objective is to go through Gaia's Navel. In order to have her stick with you in Gaia's Navel, you'll need to go to the Witch's Forest. The enemies here are really tough for that point, so be careful. At one point, she'll notice that the path is blocked and the only way to get through the obstacles is with an axe. She'll stick with you for the rest of the journey.

Note that it's possible to miss the event with the goblins, but it's only happened to me once. If that's the case, the girl won't join you until you meet her for the first time in the forest.

If you continue your current objective and go to Gaia's Navel, then she'll leave. It's not a big deal because the dungeon is really easy. On the other hand, if you wanted to do co-op then you'll want her along.

Thanks handsome!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 12:27:28 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #9358 on: February 02, 2016, 11:53:55 am »
I've done it maybe once, when I ship something with a cardboard box, I put the game and box inside of a plastic protector before putting it inside a box with packing peanuts.

gf78

« Reply #9359 on: February 02, 2016, 11:58:27 am »

Yes...one of those wonderful, memorable SNES games.   ;)