Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1657392 times)

pacpix

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #9015 on: January 05, 2016, 11:52:46 pm »
You Canadians and your silly metric system.   :P

It's just silly that water freezes at 0 and not 32.

I know right, everyone should definitely use Kelvin, but nobody listens to me :'(

At least 0 Centigrade doesn't kill you.  Zero Kelvin is scary cold.  -273.15 C? That shit is nuts

Just throw on a light jacket and you'll be fine in 0 Kelvin.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9016 on: January 06, 2016, 10:12:34 am »
You Canadians and your silly metric system.   :P

It's just silly that water freezes at 0 and not 32.

I know right, everyone should definitely use Kelvin, but nobody listens to me :'(

At least 0 Centigrade doesn't kill you.  Zero Kelvin is scary cold.  -273.15 C? That shit is nuts

Just throw on a light jacket and you'll be fine in 0 Kelvin.

And now we have a 4.8 earthquake hit this morning....that is a decent shaker..
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #9017 on: January 06, 2016, 10:17:53 am »
It brings all the boys to the yard!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9018 on: January 06, 2016, 03:00:58 pm »
It brings all the boys to the yard!

You damn right.  It's better than yours

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9019 on: January 06, 2016, 10:05:43 pm »
You know, you really think you know people.  You think folks are good, friendly people.  Hell, you even call them friends.

Then, you play their Mario Maker levels.  Only then, do you realize what kind of sadistic assholes they really are.  I'm looking at you Figherpilot and Pugmire. 

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9020 on: January 07, 2016, 12:42:44 am »
You know, you really think you know people.  You think folks are good, friendly people.  Hell, you even call them friends.

Then, you play their Mario Maker levels.  Only then, do you realize what kind of sadistic assholes they really are.  I'm looking at you Figherpilot and Pugmire.

Haha. I need to start playing again and play your levels.

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #9021 on: January 07, 2016, 09:28:50 am »
W00t. Platinum trophy acquired for Until Dawn. I hated to see some of my favorite characters get massacred, but the over the top death scenes were so damn entertaining.

Now I need to figure out what to play next. Usually, I have a plan of some sort of what to conquer next. But now, I'm kind of at a loss. I talked a bit with Telly and he suggested Dark Cloud 2 so I'll fire that up and see how that goes.

tpugmire

« Reply #9022 on: January 07, 2016, 09:39:36 am »

Wait, what?  My levels suck.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9023 on: January 07, 2016, 10:09:11 am »
So our Mtns finally got some snow in California, the resorts are happy

https://www.facebook.com/BearMtn/videos/10153804251024029/?theater

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9024 on: January 07, 2016, 10:29:25 am »

Wait, what?  My levels suck.

It was the one that had 3 Bowsers that brought this post on.  You are a sick son of a bitch.  It was hell, but I finished it.

rayne315

« Reply #9025 on: January 07, 2016, 02:20:07 pm »
W00t. Platinum trophy acquired for Until Dawn. I hated to see some of my favorite characters get massacred, but the over the top death scenes were so damn entertaining.

Now I need to figure out what to play next. Usually, I have a plan of some sort of what to conquer next. But now, I'm kind of at a loss. I talked a bit with Telly and he suggested Dark Cloud 2 so I'll fire that up and see how that goes.

for the love of god don't try and go down every single branch for the weapons! but it is a fantastic game and one of the few rpg's that I actually replayed!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #9026 on: January 07, 2016, 03:09:36 pm »

for the love of god don't try and go down every single branch for the weapons! but it is a fantastic game and one of the few rpg's that I actually replayed!

Great, I'll keep that in mind. I finished outrunning that giant clown thing with Max, so I'm still at the very, very beginning of it. The first Dark Cloud had so much promise but ended up having so many problems. I think that's typical of Level 5 stuff.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9027 on: January 08, 2016, 04:47:16 pm »
Do you consider buying a game from GameStop as getting it "in the wild"?

To me, that's not too far off from eBaying it. I consider "in the wild" to be at a thrift shop, at a yard sale, Goodwill, or Craigslist.

Your opinion?

maximo310

« Reply #9028 on: January 08, 2016, 05:08:34 pm »
Personally, a majority of their games are close to Ebay prices, although there are quite a number of ds/wii games I've found where it was a lot cheaper compared to ebay's price. One example that I stumbled upon was getting a new copy of SMT Devil Summoner Soul hackers with the original big box for $15.97, and the only listing I see on ebay is for easily double that. Maybe its just a small amount of expections compared to the overall pricing structure for all systems.

So I guess to me,GS is 'in the wild'; I've been buying way more from them in the last few years, since finding any decent games in the wild from other thrift shops has become pretty rare. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 06:33:08 pm by maximo310 »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9029 on: January 08, 2016, 05:20:31 pm »
Do you consider buying a game from GameStop as getting it "in the wild"?

To me, that's not too far off from eBaying it. I consider "in the wild" to be at a thrift shop, at a yard sale, Goodwill, or Craigslist.

Your opinion?

Everyone gets their own opinion.  Here's mine. 

In the wild, is not the internet.  If I buy something from someone on here, ebay, nintendoage, or any other website; it's not "in the wild".  Craigslist is a bit of a gray area to me. 
If I stumble across something at a store, on the cheap or not; I'm calling it in the wild.  This includes GameStop and retro game shops.

Short answer: If I hunt there, it's "the wild".

That's just my opinion.  They're like bellybuttons.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 05:22:37 pm by turf »