Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1542944 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #10875 on: May 04, 2016, 02:56:32 pm »
I'm wearing a cute outfit today, so it warrants a double post. Actually, I always wear something cute, but yeah...

Phantasy Star and Shining Force

Abe did a good job of breaking things down. The only proper Shining Force game I played was Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon. It was a fun, enhanced port of the original game. I liked that it was on the Game Boy Advance since battles were over pretty quickly.

The three Shining Games on the PlayStation 2 that I played were Shining Tears, Shining Force Neo and Shining Force EXA. These are action/RPGs and they're average at best, sub-part at worst. I finished EXA, but didn't get very far with the other two because their loading times and pace were far too slow.

Shining Wisdom on the Sega Saturn was just a disappointment.

I can't comment much on the Phantasy Star series since I've only dabbled in them.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10876 on: May 04, 2016, 03:26:07 pm »
Dang. That's brutal. I heard that the game was really grindy, but that's insane.

I'm glad someone understands the struggle for trophy hunting and not being amply rewarded.

I just noticed your personal text under your avatar, and I approve of it!

Howzabout a translation on that?
It's " Level up!"

That's right.

While the most common word for level in Japanese is (funnily enough) is レベル, I was taught to write "up" like this: 上

But for the sake of being an RPG fan, I went with アップ.

This concludes our lesson for the day. I'd like to thank Lady K for pointing it out, dark for being inquisitive, and maximo for the assistance. Tomorrow, we'll discuss how to conjugate adjectives!

Participles or no lesson!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #10877 on: May 04, 2016, 04:33:54 pm »
So, Shining Force and Phantasy Star series.

Anyone play 'em?

How are they?

Which one's better?

I most definitely prefer the Phantasy star series. Shining force is neat but very repetitive. Phantasy star 1 is the undeniable greatest 8bit RPG ever.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10878 on: May 04, 2016, 09:55:40 pm »
Just found out my brother and SIL will be having another boy..... Another child to brainwash into a Packer, Angel, Duck, gaming fan :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

desocietas

« Reply #10879 on: May 05, 2016, 01:16:29 am »
In case anyone still wanted Bravely Second CE from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Bravely-Second-End-Layer-Collectors-Nintendo/dp/B01AVS4IFS

Unfortunately, the 20% discount is no longer available.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Flashback2012

« Reply #10880 on: May 05, 2016, 12:00:10 pm »
Just found out my brother and SIL will be having another boy..... Another child to brainwash into a Packer, Angel, Duck, gaming fan :D

Packers over Rams seems understandable but who gets your nod for basketball, the Lakers or the Clippers? Granted the Lakers are sucking right now and the Clippers are the Clippers so if you said a third choice like the Warriors or Spurs I wouldn't be surprised.  ;)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10881 on: May 05, 2016, 12:25:41 pm »
Which movie have you watched the most times?

For me, it's far and away Braveheart.

No matter how many times I've seen it, I'm always ready to watch it again every year or 2.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10882 on: May 05, 2016, 12:45:26 pm »
So I was at the eye doctor yesterday, getting a check-up. In the conversation with the Dr., it came up that I collect video games. Damn am I glad it did come up! Today after work, I'm swinging back by the office to get a box full of gaming stuff that she had in her garage from when her kids were still living with her! Score!

I'll take pics and share what I got tonight or tomorrow.  ;D

Got excited over nothing. It was a bunch of PC game cases, not even the games. There was two games, actually, Red Faction and Star Wars Battlefront II. But I'm not much of a PC gamer and I already have those games on consoles. So I gave them to my cousin who is a PC gamer.

kashell

« Reply #10883 on: May 05, 2016, 12:47:36 pm »

For me, it's far and away Braveheart.

No matter how many times I've seen it, I'm always ready to watch it again every year or 2.

Mean Girls. I can quote the entire thing but I never get tired of watching it. Showgirls is a close second.

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,7179.0.html

Just in case you were interested in a few others' picks. ^.^

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10884 on: May 05, 2016, 01:02:31 pm »

Packers over Rams seems understandable but who gets your nod for basketball, the Lakers or the Clippers? Granted the Lakers are sucking right now and the Clippers are the Clippers so if you said a third choice like the Warriors or Spurs I wouldn't be surprised.  ;)

Not a big bball fan, I use to be a Lakers fan, till the whole Kobe/Shaq breakup the team issue, and after that, I hated Kobe and said, as long as he is on the team, I wont be a fan.

As of now, I am rooting (but not a fan of) Warriors and the Spurs in the playoffs. Ive always liked Duncan, Parker and Ginobili. And respect the hell and like Curry. My fav current player is Derrick Rose, but he always hurt. 

So if Kobe doesn't take a front office job, or anything like that with the Lakers, maybe ill be a fan again next season haha... I piss off LA fans so much... I live in LA county, but currently dont like any LA teams. ha. My college football team is WVU haha.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

soera

« Reply #10885 on: May 05, 2016, 02:26:45 pm »

A toss up between seven and a knight's tale. Oh and Wreck it Ralph.

« Reply #10886 on: May 05, 2016, 02:32:35 pm »
Shiiiiiiiiiiit, I don't know.

Princess Bride? Serendipity? There is probably some movie that I'm just completely blanking on that I own that I watch a lot.

I know I've watched the entirety of How I met your mother several times, that probably beats anything else.

gf78

« Reply #10887 on: May 05, 2016, 02:37:46 pm »

Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope...from way back before it was even an "Episode" or "A New Hope" and it just said "Star Wars" at the opening crawl.  At one point, I could recite the entire movie line by line.  I probably still could. 

Luke:  "Look, there's Gaffe sticks, Bantha tracks...I've just never heard of the sandpeople hitting anything this big before."

Ben:  "They didn't, but we were meant to think they did.  These tracks are side by side, sandpeople always ride single file to hide their numbers.  And these blast points, to accurate for sandpeople.  Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise."

Luke:  "But why would Imperial troops want to slaughter Jawas?" (looks over at Threepio and R2)  "If they traced the droids here then they may have learned who they sold them to and that would lead them back...home!" (darts off toward speeder)

Ben:  "No wait Luke!  It's too dangerous!"
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10888 on: May 05, 2016, 05:55:01 pm »

Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope...from way back before it was even an "Episode" or "A New Hope" and it just said "Star Wars" at the opening crawl.  At one point, I could recite the entire movie line by line.  I probably still could. 

Luke:  "Look, there's Gaffe sticks, Bantha tracks...I've just never heard of the sandpeople hitting anything this big before."

Ben:  "They didn't, but we were meant to think they did.  These tracks are side by side, sandpeople always ride single file to hide their numbers.  And these blast points, to accurate for sandpeople.  Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise."

Luke:  "But why would Imperial troops want to slaughter Jawas?" (looks over at Threepio and R2)  "If they traced the droids here then they may have learned who they sold them to and that would lead them back...home!" (darts off toward speeder)

Ben:  "No wait Luke!  It's too dangerous!"

Don'tcha' know any Jar Jar Binks quotes?   :o

gf78

« Reply #10889 on: May 05, 2016, 06:39:25 pm »
Yeah...

Jar Jar:  "Moyo  moy!  Meesa  sucks a big time!"
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us