Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1542118 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13545 on: August 30, 2017, 01:04:01 pm »
This happened in Dragon Ball Super this week:

Goku: "Geez Vegeta, sometimes I wonder how you put up with her." (Bulma)

Vegeta: "She can be a handful. Truth be told, I like her fiestiness."

Goku: "Yeah, that's why I'm with Chi-Chi, too."

Vegeta: "Saiyans are attracted to strong women."

Piccolo (shocked exclamation): "Oh man! That explains so much!"

...priceless. lol.

karyann

« Reply #13546 on: August 30, 2017, 04:32:57 pm »
does it have enough in depth strategy for someone who is a fan of Xcom games to also find enjoyment out of it?

I've never played Xcom, and I haven't played much of that Mario yet, but so far there seems to be a lot of different and interesting mechanics. Cover lowers accuracy, high ground gives bonus damage, you can dash through enemies for extra damage and jump on your teammates for extra movement. There are also environmental elements, like warp pipes and cover that blows up when it's hit (and deals extra damage). And I feel like there's even more to it that I just haven't encountered yet :) There are also different enemy archetypes and they have to be approached differently.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13547 on: August 30, 2017, 07:05:20 pm »
This happened in Dragon Ball Super this week:

Goku: "Geez Vegeta, sometimes I wonder how you put up with her." (Bulma)

Vegeta: "She can be a handful. Truth be told, I like her fiestiness."

Goku: "Yeah, that's why I'm with Chi-Chi, too."

Vegeta: "Saiyans are attracted to strong women."

Piccolo (shocked exclamation): "Oh man! That explains so much!"

...priceless. lol.

Wow is that how far behind the dub is?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13548 on: August 31, 2017, 01:43:57 am »
So, who wants to buy this "Like New" SNES Game Genie?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GALOOB-GAME-GENIE-BLACK-CHEAT-DEVICE-SUPER-NINTENDO-SNES-GOOD-COND-/201973652260?hash=item2f06915b24:g:DfYAAOSwjvJZWUln

BWAA HA HA!!

Found this while searching through eBay tonight.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 01:49:49 am by burningdoom »

rayne315

« Reply #13549 on: August 31, 2017, 10:33:38 am »
I would like imput by someone who is familiar with stock markets. im debating on making a substantial investment (for me) in a Taiwanese company called Macronix International Co., Ltd. these are the people who supply all the rom chips for Nintendo ds/3ds game cartridges. the reason I want to invest in them is for a few reasons:

1. with the decrease of chip sales (their main business) they are at a very low value (4.14 TWD or 0.13 USD or a market cap of 14.97billion TWD or 473million USD)
2. they have been dropping hints that they will be working with Nintendo on the NX and macronix's newer 75Nm rom chip capable of holdng MUCH MUCH more data than one currently in the 3ds like close to if not more than that of a bluray.
3. the possibility of the NX using cartridge based games (which if you don't know are actually faster than both reading from cd and reading from system memory) which has the possibility of pushing close to if not over 1 Billion chips the console generation. which would make their stock jump quite a lot.
4. from march 2006 to july 2007 there was a almost 400% increase in stock price that can be attributed to the Nintendo ds picking up in game sales (I looked over the sale numbers myself to make sure). and the stock currently is ~20-40% lower today than the low point in march of 2006.

of course the obvious negative that will make a loss very likely...

1. TWD to USD transfer rates can easily screw up these numbers and alter it either way (positively or negatively) and as I have never researched how currency transfer rates work I cant say for certain if its wise to invest in a Taiwanese company.
2. Taxes. I intend on keeping the investment for a minimum of 1 year making my US taxes on all potential income low-ish (15% instead of 30-35% for shorter than a year investment) but I do not know if  will also have to pay Taiwan's taxes on the return either. plus my brokerage fee (although low-ist 2-5% could radically affect any profits)
3. if the NX decides to go either cd only of download only I can easily make nothing.
4... should be more here but im drawing a blank.

So if you have any experience with stocks and think this is a wise/unwise investment I would love to hear from you.

also feel free to invest yourself if this sounds good to you, but do your own research to be informed for yourself before hand

I really am hoping someone took my advice here and bought some Macronix stock. I checked the stock today and it is up 200% from when I posted it 5-6 months ago. when you factor in currency fluctuations from USD to TWD you would actually be looking at 314%.

im not sure how high the stock is going to go but I am definitely going to watch the stock as it is appearing to be in a major upswing. im not sure if I would buy any at this point though because of that..

I just wish I had placed more money into it before hand.

welp now is the time for an update. I know probably nobody invested in this stock with me but its currently siting at ~42 TWD up from the 4.14 that I originally posted it at, roughly 1000% increase (over if you include USD to TWD exchange rates)... I ended up selling my stake 3-4 weeks ago when the price was at ~16.50 TWD. I really wish I would have held onto it just a little bit longer.... god I really wish I went into a finance related profession. I may have been something if I can figure out these things and had more of a background in their financials.

Im also eyeing another stock HTC and may put some money into it as they are producing googles pixel 2 phones. but a look through their holdings show they own about 1/3rd their market cap in liquid assets.... (they are undervalued IMO)... im not going to put nearly as much into HTC as I did in macronix but I think htc may jump in value. please do your own research if you also want to put in money into HTC
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 10:53:14 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

rayne315

« Reply #13550 on: August 31, 2017, 10:59:20 am »
just noticed the thread from yesterday so... *snip*
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 11:06:53 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13551 on: August 31, 2017, 12:13:23 pm »
I just discounted my Super Nintendo console on eBay again because my trip is in 2 days. Literally as soon as I did I get a message asking for me to hold it until his payday. I simply respond with, "First come, first served." I get a sob story about how it's for his 5 year old daughter and he needs it to make her happy. So then I send an explanation about how I'm going on a trip this weekend so I need the money ASAP, which is why I discounted it so much.

Now I have an angry eBayer sending me messages trying to shame me over his daughter.

...WTF? This is a first for me as a seller.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 12:15:22 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #13552 on: August 31, 2017, 12:26:07 pm »
I just discounted my Super Nintendo console on eBay again because my trip is in 2 days. Literally as soon as I did I get a message asking for me to hold it until his payday. I simply respond with, "First come, first served." I get a sob story about how it's for his 5 year old daughter and he needs it to make her happy. So then I send an explanation about how I'm going on a trip this weekend so I need the money ASAP, which is why I discounted it so much.

Now I have an angry eBayer sending me messages trying to shame me over his daughter.

Block the buyer and move on.

I don't fuck around with people like that.  Scum of the earth.

Also, share his ebay id so I can block him too... because screw that noise.

Also, if he is being at all threatening, report him to ebay.

soera

« Reply #13553 on: August 31, 2017, 12:26:50 pm »

LMAO, I cant think of a 5 year old girl that would give any sort of fuck about an SNES. Hes just trying to get you to feel sorry for him. Fuck that guy.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13554 on: August 31, 2017, 12:29:29 pm »
I think he's bipolar. I literally just got a message now saying he understands and he'll be buying it if it's still available when he gets paid.

I forgot to mention I also pointed out that he could use PayPal Smart Connect.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13555 on: August 31, 2017, 04:27:47 pm »
Damn, me and eBay...

Don't order from the eBay store Blinq. I bought a Retron 5 described as "Like New, in the box but opened."

It was missing the HDMI cord. So I message them assuming it was an honest mistake. 3 messages later they are still claiming the listing never said it had one and I can make a separate purchase to get one. They never stated it wasn't included, either. I even sent them pics of the instruction manual and box that lists the contents, including an HDMI cord. And still they try to deny it.

It's a cord under $10 For crying out loud!

telly

« Reply #13556 on: August 31, 2017, 04:36:31 pm »
I feel lile if something is listed as like new, then all the pieces should be in there by definition, haha

That sucks though, man
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13557 on: August 31, 2017, 06:24:15 pm »
DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT!!! They get away with because of eBay's bullshit new reporting process.

Everything I try to do while I'm reporting it just redirects me to request a return, no matter what! So frustrated!

I don't want to hassle with a full return on a $130 system, when the problem is with a cord that's under $10.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13558 on: September 01, 2017, 01:00:32 pm »
I don't know if anyone is following or not, but update:

I called eBay directly and they were able to start a case for me that didn't involve a full return. I have to wait 3 days for it to be worked out before eBay escalates it. Which will happen. Because they messaged me saying, "Unfortunately, eBay does not allow you to send pictures via eBay. Please contact us via our website."

Hell no am I taking care of this outside of eBay after they've already tried to been swindled me over a $10 cord. And absolutely they allow pictures to be uploaded, because I already did and sent them to them.

So the wait is on.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 02:49:53 pm by burningdoom »

kashell

« Reply #13559 on: September 01, 2017, 01:37:11 pm »