Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1567408 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #375 on: February 13, 2013, 12:52:55 am »
Why can I not bidding on Game & Watches on eBay?  I bought one last night and I've bid on 2 more today.  I barely play the things.  They're cool to have, but I rarely play them.  I have been shopping nonstop for those mini arcades, Game & Watch, and PlayChoice-10 games.  The PlayChoice is the only one I play. 
I rarely buy anything, but I do a lot of bidding.  I'm a cheap ass and I refuse to buy anything that I don't feel like is a good deal.  I will not buy something at a "fair" price.
At least you are getting them cheap :D

Plus they really are great to have in a collection

Yeah. I'd love to have one.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #376 on: February 13, 2013, 09:42:35 am »
Totally random here - anyone have/know of any good places on-line if you want to find & read through the story of a game you haven't played (*not* watching a video), but actually just being able to read (in detail) the story?

Wikipedia's pretty hit or miss.

Ex.  Koudelka had a great 4-5 pages worth (of legal-sized/printed paper); strictly dedicated to doing an awesome job on story alone (w/ branching/multiple endings & even the way different events play out depending on if you did/didn't get and/or do "X"); while something like Vandal Hearts 2 (which I *REALLY* wanted to read through the story...only had, like, a vague paragraph or two :(

Thanks  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #377 on: February 13, 2013, 10:04:22 am »
Some series specific wikia sites are pretty good at covering the story. But again, it's hit or miss.

I think the problem here has to do with people trying to stay "spoiler-free". But I agree, sometimes I don't have time to get through some games.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #378 on: February 13, 2013, 10:07:19 am »
Yeah - if I really wanna' know the story of a game that I know I won't be playing = the more spoilers, the better, IMO.

desocietas

« Reply #379 on: February 13, 2013, 11:12:47 am »
I wish I knew of something like that without a Let's Play video.  LPs are generally annoying if I have to hear the person talking through the whole game.  Even if I'm sitting in a room next to someone playing a game, they're not going to vocalize every thought they have while I'm watching them.

I tend to want something like this for movies, too, as I just don't have time to devote to a 2 hour film.  If anything, I thought the number of Corpse Party playthrough videos were pretty good, if you don't intend on ever playing it yourself.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #380 on: February 13, 2013, 11:58:56 am »
I wish I knew of something like that without a Let's Play video.  LPs are generally annoying if I have to hear the person talking through the whole game.  Even if I'm sitting in a room next to someone playing a game, they're not going to vocalize every thought they have while I'm watching them.

I tend to want something like this for movies, too, as I just don't have time to devote to a 2 hour film.  If anything, I thought the number of Corpse Party playthrough videos were pretty good, if you don't intend on ever playing it yourself.

Nicely put :)

I feel the *exact* same way about using LP's -and- I'd also love something like this for movies, as well...

Maybe...kinda'...sorta'...like a "Cliff's Notes" equivalent for games/movies  :)

foxhack

« Reply #381 on: February 13, 2013, 03:29:25 pm »
In which I am an evil sneaky bastard.

So, GOG.com is releasing System Shock 2 tomorrow. I was trying to sell the game on eBay before that happened, but I wasn't able to do so before the news broke out officially. So of course, nobody will buy the game now. Nobody that reads the internet, anyway.

So I decided to check Goozex... and behold, the game is still worth 1000 trade points there. People are still requesting the game. So I list it. And get a hit immediately. I now have lots and lots of trade points I can use to get more cheap DVDs and PC games (well, I will once the damn thing is delivered.)

I kinda feel bad for the poor schmuck I screwed over for 1K points...

scott

« Reply #382 on: February 13, 2013, 06:25:34 pm »
Unlucky him = Lucky You. At least you were able to finally move it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #383 on: February 14, 2013, 07:43:47 pm »
 >:(

I was winning an auction on Mega Man Legends 2!!! I had it for $40. There was like an hour left on it, and the freaking guy changed it last minute to a "Buy It Now" for $69.99!!!

WTF?! I'm so let down! I didn't even know they could do that!

soera

« Reply #384 on: February 14, 2013, 07:50:55 pm »
I dont think they can do that either. You may send a message to Ebay and they could force him to sell it to you at the cost you were winning at.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #385 on: February 14, 2013, 08:04:11 pm »
I dont think they can do that either. You may send a message to Ebay and they could force him to sell it to you at the cost you were winning at.

Not worth the hassle. I'll just buy another copy.

scott

« Reply #386 on: February 15, 2013, 08:33:30 am »
I thought that once bids started, buy it now was no longer an option?

foxhack

« Reply #387 on: February 15, 2013, 10:00:23 am »
If the guy cancels it and relists, it is.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #388 on: February 15, 2013, 10:27:14 am »

Is that...ethical...or just a loophole/work-a-round to get around the rules?

- (I've never bought/sold anything on e-bay -so- I really don't know anything about how it works).

foxhack

« Reply #389 on: February 15, 2013, 11:23:42 am »

Is that...ethical...or just a loophole/work-a-round to get around the rules?

- (I've never bought/sold anything on e-bay -so- I really don't know anything about how it works).
Loophole. Not ethical. :P

The guy should still be reported to eBay for being an ass. And for being a complete idiot. He could've gotten way more money for the game if he'd let the auction end.