Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1605854 times)

anruiukimi

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2130 on: April 22, 2014, 03:15:34 pm »
I have 2 or 3 LPs, mostly for collector's purposes.  I came across the very first album my favorite group released in the US last year in a flea market, blew me away - I bought it in a heartbeat.  It was 'Heartland' by Roxette (which, if anyone else is a Roxette nerd like I am which is extremely unlikely, is not *technically* by Roxette but rather Gyllene Tider, Per Gessle's original group.  However Marie *does* sing backup vocals on the album, so both of the core members + the group name Roxette being used make it official enough to me!).  Ahem.  I'll go sit in the corner now...  :P

Hey, nothing wrong with nerding out! :P

Hell, we're lucky we even get CD releases anymore with how popular the convenient, yet terrible sounding MP3 downloads have become. So things still being released on vinyl is great!

Right? I think I buy more LPs than CDs these days, but that's not saying much. xD

I really enjoy vinyl. Well, I enjoy things that were meant to be played on vinyl, on vinyl. I bought an Avenged Sevenfold vinyl and it sounded like a audible turd.
Now, not much is better than a couple of beers and a Doors album.

I've had some great LPs of new music sound great, but then I've heard some others that...eh. Nothing horrible to me, just not spectacular.

I'll skip the beers, but the Doors album sounds good...

And Scott, that's looking great! I look forward to seeing your progress. :D

90snostalga

« Reply #2131 on: April 23, 2014, 10:31:16 am »
The only thing that sucks about Soera delivering pizza is that he does not have as much time for VGCollect   :-\

Aside from that, I would like a large barbeque pizza please with 2 cups of Garlic Sauce! 

anruiukimi

« Reply #2132 on: April 23, 2014, 05:15:10 pm »
The only thing that sucks about Soera delivering pizza is that he does not have as much time for VGCollect   :-\

Aside from that, I would like a large barbeque pizza please with 2 cups of Garlic Sauce!

Right? I miss my chat buddy :<

soera

« Reply #2133 on: April 23, 2014, 05:27:12 pm »
Im still here! I just am not on 24/7 like I was. My schedule usually works out at Sat/Sun open-close, Mon-Wed open - 5, Thursdays off, Friday 5-close. Friday through Sunday is where I net most of my tips though so Id be happy with just the weekends. :P

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2134 on: April 23, 2014, 09:22:30 pm »
I love stumbling across old McDonalds toys when I'm trash digging. So many cool cartoons and weird toys happened in the 80's and 90's. These things are a blast from the past.

argyle

« Reply #2135 on: April 23, 2014, 09:50:44 pm »
Somewhere, I think my mom has packed up a box of those old McD's toys from when I was a kid - some of the better ones.  I'll have to look into that the next time I go down to visit.  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

90snostalga

« Reply #2136 on: April 23, 2014, 10:27:18 pm »
The only Mcdonalds toys I want and can never find are the Rocket Power ones and Looney Tunes!   :)

scott

« Reply #2137 on: April 24, 2014, 04:58:47 pm »
Remember the Super Mario Bros 3 ones? Me and my cousins loved those damn things, I wish I still had mine. :|
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2138 on: April 24, 2014, 05:26:31 pm »
So...

Has anyone here pre-ordered the soon-to-be-released (in a few more weeks) Vita game called:

Mind Zero?

I know it's coming out soon -and- I've seen/heard/read/found very little info about the game...

...Anyone know anything about it?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #2139 on: April 24, 2014, 05:27:52 pm »
I still have my McDonald's SMB3 on the spring. My son chewed off part of one of the raccoon ears though.

argyle

« Reply #2140 on: April 24, 2014, 06:02:29 pm »
So...

Has anyone here pre-ordered the soon-to-be-released (in a few more weeks) Vita game called:

Mind Zero?

I know it's coming out soon -and- I've seen/heard/read/found very little info about the game...

Everything I've heard/read says it's a bad Persona knock-off.  Who knows tho.  I haven't seen any preorder or CE incentives to pick it up at launch, so I'm definitely taking a wait-and-see approach to it. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

90snostalga

« Reply #2141 on: April 24, 2014, 06:32:47 pm »
So...

Mind Zero?

When you getting a 3DS?

90snostalga

« Reply #2142 on: April 24, 2014, 06:55:35 pm »
What do you guys think?

I really want to get the game "Watch Dogs" but I wanted it on the Wii U to use for the gamepad but who knows when that will be out.  Do you guys think I should just go ahead and get it on PC, or wait for the Wii U version?

foxhack

« Reply #2143 on: April 25, 2014, 12:14:36 am »
What do you guys think?

I really want to get the game "Watch Dogs" but I wanted it on the Wii U to use for the gamepad but who knows when that will be out.  Do you guys think I should just go ahead and get it on PC, or wait for the Wii U version?

You're gonna need a really, really beefed up PC to play Watch_Dogs.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #2144 on: April 25, 2014, 12:40:28 am »
I would recommend Wii U but mostly because I'm not a PC gamer at all. And also because being able to buy a new *good* Wii U game is a rare occurrence at this point.