Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1601628 times)

90snostalga

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2160 on: April 25, 2014, 07:49:52 pm »
I'm officially going to be a daddy. It's due right after Christmas.

It worked out well, we just got a 2nd car, and we have a couple grand saved up to move out. For once, the timing worked out for something in my life. *knocks on wood*

Anyone that also knows me on Facebook, please don't say anything on there. My wife still wants to tell some people in person.

Aw Doom thats awesome man!!!!   :)  I'm happy for you. 

Just beware that your purchase of video games will now start going down now lol.  And your time on VGCollect lol.  jk

congrats tho!

pacpix

« Reply #2161 on: April 25, 2014, 09:31:36 pm »
What do you guys think?

I really want to get the game "Watch Dogs" but I wanted it on the Wii U to use for the gamepad but who knows when that will be out.  Do you guys think I should just go ahead and get it on PC, or wait for the Wii U version?

You're gonna need a really, really beefed up PC to play Watch_Dogs.

Fox, I hope my 1300 dollar laptop is beefed up enough!   ;)

Processor:  Intel Core i7
Graphics card:  Nvidia Geforce GTX 765m
Ram:  6GB  (upgradable to 12)
HDD:  2TB

It is in HD and has the put for me to connect it to my 55" hd tv via HDMI

Do you think that's beefed enough?  Seriously if not, I will consider selling it just to buy me parts to build my own new gaming pc to go along with my Windows 9x rig.
I find this site to be helpful to see if my computer meets the requirements for a game.

It worked out well, we just got a 2nd car, and we have a couple grand saved up to move out of this apartment and into a house. For once, the timing worked out for something in my life. *knocks on wood*

Anyone that also knows me on Facebook, please don't say anything on there. My wife still wants to tell some people in person.
Congrats!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

foxhack

« Reply #2162 on: April 25, 2014, 10:05:10 pm »
I still wonder tho' if I made a mistake with the gaming laptop.  I like it for the fact I can connect it to my tv and view it on the big screen; however, other than the Ram and adding a solid state drive, I cant really upgrade it.  I can never upgrade the video card that I know of.  I guess 5 or more years down the line when I video card it outdated, I'll just build a pc then because I can always upgrade it.

I'm so happy Fox  :)  I finally ended up making my multi boot pc with all operating systems (windows 1, 2, 3, 3.1, 95, 98 SE, ME and xp) all in one machine with 20 to 40 gb for each os , and 120GB for 98 since I would be using it the most.  It has a pentium 4 processor, 16mb ATI pro rage 128 video card but I want to upgrade it to a 32 or 64mb when I find one.

May I ask, what types of pcs do you have or use for gaming?  I've gotten really into the pc thing lately

That laptop will work fine for most modern games so don't worry about it.

My current crapbox... well... it's old. :P Old hardware. But I'm almost done with the new system, so...

Congratulations!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2163 on: April 25, 2014, 10:39:37 pm »
Thanks guys! :D

bobster

« Reply #2164 on: April 25, 2014, 11:33:10 pm »
Congrats doom! That's awesome  :D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2165 on: April 25, 2014, 11:54:38 pm »

It worked out well, we just got a 2nd car, and we have a couple grand saved up to move out of this apartment and into a house. For once, the timing worked out for something in my life. *knocks on wood*

Congratulations, brother! 

Is this the first VGCollect baby? 

argyle

« Reply #2166 on: April 26, 2014, 12:23:58 am »
Awesome news - congrats!   ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2167 on: April 26, 2014, 01:55:26 am »
Congratulations, burningdoom!

Please check out the games I have for sale.

anruiukimi

« Reply #2168 on: April 26, 2014, 09:53:15 am »
What do you guys think?

I really want to get the game "Watch Dogs" but I wanted it on the Wii U to use for the gamepad but who knows when that will be out.  Do you guys think I should just go ahead and get it on PC, or wait for the Wii U version?

You're gonna need a really, really beefed up PC to play Watch_Dogs.

Fox, I hope my 1300 dollar laptop is beefed up enough!   ;)

Processor:  Intel Core i7
Graphics card:  Nvidia Geforce GTX 765m
Ram:  6GB  (upgradable to 12)
HDD:  2TB

It is in HD and has the put for me to connect it to my 55" hd tv via HDMI

Do you think that's beefed enough?  Seriously if not, I will consider selling it just to buy me parts to build my own new gaming pc to go along with my Windows 9x rig.
I find this site to be helpful to see if my computer meets the requirements for a game.

Weird website! Looks like I pass fine, but it tells me no anyway. Huh.

Congratulations! :D The world always needs more (hopefully) December babies ;) Good luck on the moving and everything!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2169 on: April 26, 2014, 12:09:52 pm »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2170 on: April 26, 2014, 01:53:42 pm »
Congrats Burningdoom.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2171 on: April 27, 2014, 10:30:00 am »

So me and the wife went to dinner with the in-laws and her brother and his wife were there, too. The official reason we were there was to celebrate her brother and his wife's new house purchase. My wife makes the announcement, her parents already knew but her brother and sister-in-law didn't. Turns out they were about to make their announcement, too. My sister-in-law is only a week behind my wife in her pregnancy. How crazy is that?

Bwigdahl

« Reply #2172 on: April 27, 2014, 11:17:37 am »

So me and the wife went to dinner with the in-laws and her brother and his wife were there, too. The official reason we were there was to celebrate her brother and his wife's new house purchase. My wife makes the announcement, her parents already knew but her brother and sister-in-law didn't. Turns out they were about to make their announcement, too. My sister-in-law is only a week behind my wife in her pregnancy. How crazy is that?

Instant friend for your kid!

I don't think I said it before but congrats to you my man!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2173 on: April 27, 2014, 02:33:35 pm »
So...how do the rest of you all go about your pre-orders/pre-ordering?

I know that I'm the: "Cash-Guy" here

-AND-

That preference/habit also carries-over to include all of my pre-orders.

What I mean by this is that, not only do I do all of my game buying & pre-ordering (at brick & mortar stores, at least; obviously, buying/ordering on-line/from Amazon, etc is the exception), w/ straight-up cash *But* whenever I'm pre-ordering...I'll only make the pre-order if I have enough cash with me to pay for the order in full.

Reasons?

1).  I guess that since as long as I can remember, I've always *Hated* (even the thought of) having to ask and/or owe money to anybody - that it applies in this case, as well (don't even want to feel like I owe GS anything:)

2).  A more practical reason = that this way, I'll never have to worry about remembering how much/having enough cash on me on the day that I pick it up...smooth-n-easy = trade em my receipt for the game, and, I guess that part of it's that

3).  Growing up (and yes - I'm really happy that I learned this lesson/behavior/habit when I was young) I was raised & had the 'philosophy' deeply ingrained in me that (unless you're buying a home -and- ...*maybe* a car (and, thanks to thinking/dealing this way...I don't owe a cent on my house (other than property taxes, utilities, maintenance, etc); nor do I have/make any payments for any of my cars (agin - other than insurance, EZ-Pass, repairs, upkeep, etc)) ==>

"If you don't have/can't get the cash to buy/pay for something...you probably don't really *need* whatever it is & you definitely shouldn't be going into debt to *get* whatever it is".

So, does anyone else here think, feel, and/or act like this at all?

"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Bwigdahl

« Reply #2174 on: April 27, 2014, 02:58:04 pm »
The last game I pre-ordered was LA Noire and I think the ONLY reason I did was because they took off 5 dollars off the price if you pre-order (which is the only reason I've ever pre-ordered anything). But whenever I have, I always pay the full amount up front. Mostly for that second reason, I have the money now, I'm already planning on spending that money on said game I'd rather just pay for it all right now so I could go and pick it up with no hassle when it releases.