Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1543473 times)

bobster

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2610 on: June 19, 2014, 02:18:42 pm »
I'm super excited for the PSTV. I don't have a Vita so that 100 dollar price point is very tempting. Especially the streaming of PS4 (even though I don't have one yet) to another TV in the house.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

abe

« Reply #2611 on: June 19, 2014, 02:22:53 pm »
I'm super excited for the PSTV. I don't have a Vita so that 100 dollar price point is very tempting. Especially the streaming of PS4 (even though I don't have one yet) to another TV in the house.

I'm not trying to be a party pooper and kill all the hype for the PSTV, but it's important to keep in mind the limited compatibility list. While the PSTV is great for $100, I'd really have to say that it's not a suitable outright replacement for a PS Vita.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

bobster

« Reply #2612 on: June 19, 2014, 02:28:48 pm »

I'm not trying to be a party pooper and kill all the hype for the PSTV, but it's important to keep in mind the limited compatibility list. While the PSTV is great for $100, I'd really have to say that it's not a suitable outright replacement for a PS Vita.
Party Pooper!

But in all actuality, I realize I won't be able to play everything. I know that tearaway probably won't work (unless the touch pad in the dual shock 4 works with it?) so really it'll be a second place to play PS4 or watch netflix through the PS4 upstairs in the bedroom.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2613 on: June 19, 2014, 02:32:22 pm »
^

Concerning the above post ==> if, once I've received my PSTV, I find that I'm able to play a good majority of my Vita games on it...I may very well be having a 'Virgin' OLED Vita available for sale/trade/offers...

(the system's been "ON" for a total of < 20 hours).

NintenNOTE:

I also have a (Blue) DSi-XL that's had one game (for a total of 30-40 hours of use) played on it in the same situation; as in

- I'm not highly motivated to sell/get rid of it (don't really need the $) -but- if a friend was looking for/in need of one...I'd be just as open to reasonable trade/swap ideas as selling it for cash...

The compatibility for Vita games with the Vita TV is pretty disappointing (at least in Japan so far). Though it is starting to look a bit better as time goes on. As much as I'm looking forward to getting a PSTV, Sony's got a lot of work to do with making more games compatible (which can be difficult or nearly impossible for games that regularly use the touch screen or the rear touch pad).

This is true -but- as almost strictly a player of turn-based RPG's & SRPG's...I'm thinking that this won't affect the games that I'm going to be the most concerned with/interested in...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jcalder8

« Reply #2614 on: June 19, 2014, 11:26:27 pm »
Damn you Kijiji/Craigslist! I met a woman to buy Super Adventure Island 2 :D $15. First she brought Killer Instinct. So we go to her house after meeting at a mall between us. She goes inside and brings out...... Super Adventure Island...... ...... ....... not 2 :( Oh well I still bought it since I don't own it and it's in good shape.

Just had to vent.

kashell

« Reply #2615 on: June 20, 2014, 08:46:08 am »
Earning the platinum in HDN Victory took me about 40 hours. It wasn't as fun as the one in HDN Mk II, but it was still a somewhat easy platinum to achieve. Grinding the Lily Ranks was easier than I thought thanks to me making some awesome discs that boost Lily ranks by 5 after each battle. It made the grind much shorter.

So, as disgaeanic knows, I'm a frequent poster/contributor/celebrity/user on GameFAQs.com. I don't frequent many boards on there, but the one where I met Kenny is the RPG: Everything Else board. It's a solid community, but it occasionally attracts some pests. Most of the time, they leave after getting thrown some shade by the normal users. Unfortunately, other times they stick around. I usually end up putting them on an ignore list. Well, it looks like one of the pesky bugs that I put on ignore decided to start the latest social topic. Lucky for all of you sexy beasts here, I will posting more often on my gaming adventures and the everyday life stuff!

Time to get back to my latest gaming project: Baten Kaitos.

argyle

« Reply #2616 on: June 20, 2014, 09:17:55 am »
Earning the platinum in HDN Victory took me about 40 hours. It wasn't as fun as the one in HDN Mk II, but it was still a somewhat easy platinum to achieve. Grinding the Lily Ranks was easier than I thought thanks to me making some awesome discs that boost Lily ranks by 5 after each battle. It made the grind much shorter.

So, as disgaeanic knows, I'm a frequent poster/contributor/celebrity/user on GameFAQs.com. I don't frequent many boards on there, but the one where I met Kenny is the RPG: Everything Else board. It's a solid community, but it occasionally attracts some pests. Most of the time, they leave after getting thrown some shade by the normal users. Unfortunately, other times they stick around. I usually end up putting them on an ignore list. Well, it looks like one of the pesky bugs that I put on ignore decided to start the latest social topic. Lucky for all of you sexy beasts here, I will posting more often on my gaming adventures and the everyday life stuff!

I meant to ask you about that plat, I know some NISA games are notorious for requiring a TON of grinding *cough*Mugen Souls*cough*.  Forty hours doesn't sound bad at all.  So how did you like the game overall?  I'm waiting to start the series until the remake of the first one comes out on the Vita (figure I've waited this long, I might as well) but I already own 2&3 for the PS3.  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #2617 on: June 20, 2014, 09:45:02 am »

I meant to ask you about that plat, I know some NISA games are notorious for requiring a TON of grinding *cough*Mugen Souls*cough*.  Forty hours doesn't sound bad at all.  So how did you like the game overall?  I'm waiting to start the series until the remake of the first one comes out on the Vita (figure I've waited this long, I might as well) but I already own 2&3 for the PS3.  :)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 will absolutely be worth the wait. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2618 on: June 20, 2014, 10:09:24 am »

So, as disgaeanic knows,I've been known to suffer from delusions of grandeur, I'm a frequent poster/contributor/celebrity/user on GameFAQs.com. I don't frequent many boards on there, but the one where I met Kenny is the RPG: Everything Else board. It's a solid community, but it occasionally attracts some pests. Most of the time, they leave after getting thrown some shade by the normal users. Unfortunately, other times they stick around. I usually end up putting them on an ignore list. Well, it looks like one of the pesky bugs that I put on ignore decided to start the latest social topic. Lucky for all of you sexy beasts here, I will posting more often on my gaming adventures and the everyday life stuff!

:P
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 10:11:55 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #2619 on: June 20, 2014, 10:25:58 am »
**Notices by his sig that Turf added a Wii Tetris game to his collection that I wasn't aware existed**

**Goes to view his collection to find the exact name of it, ends up adding it + several others I didn't know/forgot about to wishlist**

**sits in corner & cries, knowing my Wii wishlist will just continue to grow as some sort of twisted revenge for me mocking the system all those years**   :'(
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2620 on: June 20, 2014, 10:59:02 am »
**Notices by his sig that Turf added a Wii Tetris game to his collection that I wasn't aware existed**

**Goes to view his collection to find the exact name of it, ends up adding it + several others I didn't know/forgot about to wishlist**

**sits in corner & cries, knowing my Wii wishlist will just continue to grow as some sort of twisted revenge for me mocking the system all those years**   :'(

Now's the time, my man.  Wii games are dirt cheap.  You can even get brand new, sealed games for $5-$10.  That Tetris game fell in that range.

You can get a lot of good stuff from GameStop's website.  They are selling Wii games cheeeeeaaaaap.  You're kind of taking a chance that you'll get the case and manual.  Do what I do.  Order a bunch of stuff; and if it doesn't come complete, take it back.

argyle

« Reply #2621 on: June 20, 2014, 11:01:42 am »
Hrm, I've been hitting every GS store in the area for the past couple of months picking cheap wii & ds games up, but I guess I could try my luck at the website for some that aren't around here.  Like you said, I can always return any incomplete ones.  :)

Then again, only one of the really cheap ones ($5 or less) that I'm looking for is available to order online.  :-\
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 11:15:23 am by argyle »

kashell

« Reply #2622 on: June 20, 2014, 06:00:02 pm »
My Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory is now up on GameFAQs.com for those who are interested in learning more about it.

foxhack

« Reply #2623 on: June 20, 2014, 07:44:16 pm »
Our fridge just puked and died. :'(

On the plus side, we can pry the two bags of cooked beans out of their frozen prison now. Those things have been stuck on the door for like four years.

90snostalga

« Reply #2624 on: June 20, 2014, 07:54:43 pm »

On the plus side, we can pry the two bags of cooked beans out of their frozen prison now. Those things have been stuck on the door for like four years.

Really???   LOL   8)