Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1543784 times)

karyann

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2715 on: June 29, 2014, 08:17:08 pm »
Happy belated birthday, foxy!  ;D

pacpix

« Reply #2716 on: June 29, 2014, 08:25:18 pm »
I leave for one day and miss a Brown Sauce encounter?!

Also happy slightly more belated birthday Foxhack!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2717 on: June 29, 2014, 08:44:50 pm »
I leave for one day and miss a Brown Sauce encounter?!

Also happy slightly more belated birthday Foxhack!

BROWN SAUCE was running rampant. It was out of control.

argyle

« Reply #2718 on: June 29, 2014, 10:20:28 pm »
Y'know, I'm not sure what "brown sauce" is, but...there was something sticky on the back of the manual to one of the PS2 games I picked up this weekend.  Could...could I have been hit by it too?   :o
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Bwigdahl

« Reply #2719 on: June 29, 2014, 10:27:02 pm »
The copy of Rygar I just got on PS2 has something that may be classified as "brown sauce" however I'm pretty sure it's just dirty sticker residue.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2720 on: June 29, 2014, 10:35:27 pm »
I wonder if you search for "brown sauce" on the forum how many different threads would pop up?

*Edit: The answer is 12. I thought it would have been way more, but it's only 12.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 10:39:54 pm by turf »

Bwigdahl

« Reply #2721 on: June 29, 2014, 10:46:29 pm »
you really gotta be careful typing "brown sauce" into a search engine...

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2722 on: June 29, 2014, 11:26:43 pm »
Belated happy birthday, foxhack!

Please check out the games I have for sale.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2723 on: June 29, 2014, 11:27:38 pm »
you really gotta be careful typing "brown sauce" into a search engine...

;D

foxhack

« Reply #2724 on: June 29, 2014, 11:45:04 pm »
Thank you for the on time and belated birthday wishes, folks. I'm needy. ;_;

If badges ever come back we should have a Brown Sauce one for those of us who have... dealt with that over our collecting lifetime.

Also, ew.

pacpix

« Reply #2725 on: June 30, 2014, 12:23:17 am »
In my mind I have almost justified purchasing the original Brown Sauce cart, as it is a piece of VGCollect history.  Then I see the picture in the sale thread again and change my mind rather quickly.

I think Matt should just buy it and frame it in his house.

tpugmire

« Reply #2726 on: June 30, 2014, 12:37:38 am »
Does anyone use the joystiq iPhone app?  Mine doesn't appear to be working anymore. I also can't find it in the app store anymore to redownload.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

foxhack

« Reply #2727 on: June 30, 2014, 12:47:54 am »
In my mind I have almost justified purchasing the original Brown Sauce cart, as it is a piece of VGCollect history.  Then I see the picture in the sale thread again and change my mind rather quickly.

VGA Grade that cart. Preserve it for all eternity (and give them a disease or two in the process!)

pacpix

« Reply #2728 on: June 30, 2014, 01:01:14 am »

VGA Grade that cart. Preserve it for all eternity (and give them a disease or two in the process!)
That would be hilarious!  However, I checked their website and sadly they do not grade loose games  :'(

Do you grade loose video games?
NO. If your item came sealed originally, then it must be sealed to be graded. The only exception to this rule applies to certain systems and accessories which never came with tape sealing the box shut. In instances where no tape was ever present, VGA will inspect the contents and will issue a grade only if the contents appear to be complete, original, and new. For video games, the seal must be the original FACTORY SEAL, not a vintage re-seal (ex: Blockbuster, store return, etc.). For original NES games which came with a horizontal seam across the back, this seal must be present for each game to be graded

kashell

« Reply #2729 on: June 30, 2014, 09:16:33 am »
Happy birthday! I'm also a June birthday; 6/6. Such a great month for a birthday!

In other news I'm done with Mind Zero. Not done as in I finished the game, but done as in I'm over it and I'm going to play something else. Such a shame that the game couldn't keep up the momentum. How is Demon Gaze? I don't have a problem with dungeon crawlers, but I do have a problem when I can't see my characters attacking the enemies.

I know. I'm weird.