Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1651014 times)

davifus

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3345 on: September 03, 2014, 02:50:10 am »
Do real kind hearted , non cheating, honest,  caring, loving, marriable women actually exist? Or have i always just ended up with the wrong ones??
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3346 on: September 03, 2014, 03:06:35 am »
I've gone in the same costume to work for Halloween each year I've been there. As an employee of the company I work for :D

I'm sure nobody recognizes you with that kind of costume!  :o A true ninja!

I'm such a stick-in-the-mud when it comes to holidays. I never dress up on Halloween and I complain when people shoot off fireworks on 4th of July. If I lived on a mountain above a small, happy village I'd probably steal their Christmas presents too.
Who dressed up his dog as a reindeer...  On Christmas.  Not bad, in my opinion.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

karyann

« Reply #3347 on: September 03, 2014, 08:32:41 am »
Halloween? More like hallowexcusetowearcostumeswithoutbeingcalledweirdween. Mirite? 8) 8) 8) 8)

You're totally right  ;D That's part of the reason why I like conventions too.

davifus

« Reply #3348 on: September 03, 2014, 09:40:12 am »
Halloween? More like hallowexcusetowearcostumeswithoutbeingcalledweirdween. Mirite? 8) 8) 8) 8)

Yeah, dragoncon parade was awesome this year too.

kashell

« Reply #3349 on: September 03, 2014, 11:18:20 am »

Yeah, dragoncon parade was awesome this year too.

Good ol' dragon con. I did miss going, but I will be going to AWA. Last year's dragon con wasn't very fun for me. The crowd was a nightmare AND there were tons of other things going on in Atlanta that day that caused traffic to be worse than usual. Not to mention, my costume was worse than I expected.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3350 on: September 03, 2014, 11:41:57 am »
I'll be wearing my cosplay outfit for Halloween! I can't wait!

What cosplay is it? I really want to also, I wonder if I can get my BLU Scout (from TF2) before halloween.  Or I could go as Tetra! Too much choice. :o

Indeed!

Enquiring minds want to know!

*Bonus* question -

If quizzes are quizical, then tests are ________?

:o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

davifus

« Reply #3351 on: September 03, 2014, 12:32:24 pm »
^ :-X

kashell

« Reply #3352 on: September 03, 2014, 02:25:08 pm »
I'll be wearing my cosplay outfit for Halloween! I can't wait!

What cosplay is it? I really want to also, I wonder if I can get my BLU Scout (from TF2) before halloween.  Or I could go as Tetra! Too much choice. :o

Indeed!

Enquiring minds want to know!

*Bonus* question -

If quizzes are quizical, then tests are ________?

:o

Loni Dunamis form Tales of Destiny 2! ^__^ Check him out.

bobster

« Reply #3353 on: September 03, 2014, 02:25:39 pm »
In celebration of Halloween I have been debating on starting a Resident Evil marathon, playing all the main games from 0 to 6 (also included are Code Veronica and Revelations). I normally would be diving right into this, but I have been studying for about a month and half for the CompTIA A+ certification and want to make sure I keep the momentum going with them. Given I'd have 9 games to get through in 2-months, I will have to decide really soon. Thought I'd ask the room and see what everyone else thinks?

If I do not go this route, I will probably be picking some other horror themed game to play this October. In past years I've played various Castlevania games and Fatal Frame, and some potential candidates this year are Disgaea (not really horror-themed, but always gave somewhat of a Halloween-ish vibe), Clock Tower 2, Dead Space, or Dark Souls.
I'm torn because I always want someone to succeed and improve their education. But on the other hand, I love video games!

Do you have a date yet for your test? I usually give myself a month or less total. I find that if I drag it out, it's less likely to happen :( .

More on topic, this sounds like a great idea! Maybe I'll make it a point to finish Silent Hill: Downpour, and finally get around to playing Siren!

I wish it only took a month to study for this test. I am fairly computer savvy, but there are a lot of specifications I knew little to nothing about so I've decided to study my ass off and take the test in January. I've been very consistent with it, but I still have a long way to go, especially if I'm going to take it soon.

I've decided to just start playing something next month. I might actually take on one of the newer RE titles since I've never played 5 or 6.
The first thing I'd like to say is it's great that you're committed to getting your certification. My personal experience with the A+ exam was that if you've built a computer yourself, you pretty much have it down. For me the biggest help was taking those "brain dump" exams that people put online. They're usually questions that are actually on the exam and give you a bit of an idea on what your weaknesses are. That's how I focused my training. The network+ exam was way harder for me, but networking isn't my strong point.

This last month I've been reading through a book that handles the 3 "Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Windows Server 2012" exams (70-410, 411, & 412). I've passed the Server 2008 version of 410 in the past, but need to take the updated version to complete that title. Unfortunately this book seems a bit too high level and not detailed enough to prepare me for the later two tests. I have 2 chapters left (out of 18) so it's disheartening to not be confident in this book. I'm hoping my experience at my job doing all this stuff, and practicing tests will be enough. We shall see!

Best of luck studying! If you need any help or advice, you know where to find me  :P
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #3354 on: September 03, 2014, 04:56:13 pm »
Thanks Bobster, I appreciate it :)

argyle

« Reply #3355 on: September 03, 2014, 04:59:00 pm »
Sorry in advance, but I need to vent about something that happened today.   :-\

So I've been casually checking Craigslist's video games section for several months now and have seen nothing but overpriced 360's & PS3's.  Until last night.  Someone listed an original Xbox, 4 controllers, DVD playback kit, all cables & 25 games (a good selection too, only 1 sports title) for $40.  I email the guy immediately, an hour after he lists it.  It was 11:00 so I figured he had gone to bed.  This morning before I leave for work he emails me back asking where I can meet, etc.  We send a few emails back & forth whittling down the where's & when's - in the last one I told him I work until 5:30 M-Th and get off at 11:30 on Friday.  I suggest we can meet Friday afternoon if he's free then.  He replies back "OK, if someone else hasn't bought it by then."

I'm thinking "umm, that's not the way things work - I told the guy verbatim "I definitely want it."  Anyway, I write the guy back (on my phone now, because I've just made it to work) that I can meet him this afternoon if that works better for him, as soon as I get off, and I suggest a place & a time that's 15 mins after my quitting time.  After sending that, I see that he had sent me a second email asking if we could meet today after work so I figure we're back on the same page.

Then I hear nothing.  I wait, because I don't know who this guy is or what his daily schedule is like, but when I finally get to my office at about 1:30 and still haven't seen a reply, I send him another email asking if he's still going to be able to meet today.  A few mins later he sends me this reply:  "Sorry man, somebody else beat you to it."

What. The. Hell?  ???

Is this the way people ususally conduct "business" on Craigslist?  Because if so, thanks but no thanks, I'm done.  Seriously, this is a really assy thing to do - no one else "beat me to it" because I told him this morning that I wanted it.  He just decided to be a douche and sell it to someone else.  Who knows, maybe he needed his fix and had to have that $40 ASAP.  REALLY pissed me off tho. 

So yeah, has anyone else's Craigslist experiences been similar to that, or are people in my neck of the world just extra "special"?   >:(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3356 on: September 03, 2014, 05:07:44 pm »
I've never gotten anything on craigslist before, but I imagine you're just going to run into people with varying degrees of ethics and whatnot. I personally just don't have the patience to deal with all the craigslist shit so I never even really bother with it. I know you can get deals on there sometimes, but it just seems like every time I check there's never anything good (which probably has more to do with where I live than anything) and I just don't like the hassle of going back and forth trying to coordinate everything.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3357 on: September 03, 2014, 05:16:31 pm »
Craigslist is full of asshats.  I've had that happen a few times.  I even let one dude pick a time to meet up, and he still sold it out from under me.  It's just the nature of the beast, my man.  In my experience, I've had the best luck letting the seller pick the day and time.  That way, it's not me holding them up getting money.  A lot of times this is someone who needs cash fast.  The power/water/gas may be getting cut off and they need a few bucks.  It's best to be able to meet right away.  If you can't, you just have to hope no one else can either.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3358 on: September 03, 2014, 06:01:14 pm »
funny... I just went to craigslist just to see what was there and I see an Odyssey 2 in box with some games (which of course were not listed) for $35. I honestly don't know a damn thing about it but that seems like a decent price for all that. anyone know the going rate for an Odyssey 2?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 06:02:47 pm by Bwigdahl »

davifus

« Reply #3359 on: September 03, 2014, 06:03:54 pm »
I did plenty of CL deals and I never ran into problems. I always had the paranoia of getting mugged but other then that nothing happened to me... yet.