Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1652636 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4590 on: November 17, 2014, 02:02:20 pm »
Nothing as extreme as dust particles, but the ending scenes in Baten Kaitos were really emotional. Such a damn good game.

Ah.

So you *did* eventually make your way through both games?

iirc - the last I remember hearing, was that you'd gotten about 1/2 way into the game, lost all of your save data, and put it down for awhile  :-\
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #4591 on: November 17, 2014, 02:46:51 pm »
Nothing as extreme as dust particles, but the ending scenes in Baten Kaitos were really emotional. Such a damn good game.

Ah.

iirc - the last I remember hearing, was that you'd gotten about 1/2 way into the game, lost all of your save data, and put it down for awhile  :-\

My bad. I should have clarified. I made it through the first game and have yet to try the second. I have it, just haven't tried it yet. A review is up for Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean. That game was fantastic. I cannot recommend it enough to RPG players. It's a bit long...50 to 60 hours of normal play time. But, so worth it.

argyle

« Reply #4592 on: November 17, 2014, 02:52:32 pm »

Ah.

My bad. I should have clarified. I made it through the first game and have yet to try the second. I have it, just haven't tried it yet. A review is up for Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean. That game was fantastic. I cannot recommend it enough to RPG players. It's a bit long...50 to 60 hours of normal play time. But, so worth it.

I ended up putting Baiten Kaitos down really late in the game. If I remember correctly, I had gotten to a dungeon that was going to require a ton of grinding - seems like there was a severe difficulty spike? This all happened around 10 years ago, give or take, so my memory's a little rusty on it. Always wished I had finished it tho.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #4593 on: November 17, 2014, 02:54:55 pm »
Hmm. I don't recall any difficulty spikes. I also don't remember any power leveling. Do you recall the dungeon?

argyle

« Reply #4594 on: November 17, 2014, 03:02:47 pm »
Hmm. I don't recall any difficulty spikes. I also don't remember any power leveling. Do you recall the dungeon?

No, I don't - like I said, LONG time ago. :( I *might* still have the save, but unfortunately I don't have the game anymore. That's one I'm looking to add back to my collection. All I remember is I was getting really close to the end.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4595 on: November 17, 2014, 04:13:43 pm »

Ah.

Think it'd be turn-based/playable one-handed?

I seem to remember reading that it was some sort of deck/card kind of system for the battles  :o

I'll definitely give your review of it a read, though   ;)

kashell

« Reply #4596 on: November 17, 2014, 04:24:56 pm »
Hmm...if you were able to play Qoga with one hand, I think you would be able to handle Baten Kaitos with one hand. Maybe check out a few videos of battle footage to see what you think. As you get further in the game and your deck gets bigger, it might be more challenging.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4597 on: November 17, 2014, 05:33:38 pm »
yeah, Qoga wasn't any problem & TES: Oblivion - while more challenging (from my perspective, that is) - was also playable.  It was pre-trophies but, I'm sure that I did everything that there was to do in the game/100%-ed it; that's probably the action-y-est RPG that I've played completely...I think.

Believe it or not, my 3 most difficult & frustrating one-handed success stories, all come from the same older game...FF VII

- the motorcycle mini-game was annoying,

- the soldiers marching mini-game was annoying AND frustrating, and

- that hell-spawned, god damned, pitiful excuse of a mini-game in a submarine was ALL of the above AND required several cooling-off periods/"Time-Outs" (read Carry stroking my hair/petting my head while whispering sweet calming & reassuring condolences & words of love & encouragement...while I babbled incoherently & turned red with rage:)

Surprisingly and interestingly enough (because of its genre/the type of game it is), I was really surprised when I read on AbleGamers (a great site for gamers w/ any kind of disability; from being deaf or color blind - all the way up to & including those who are completely paralysed & and are limited to controlling everything with their mouth, etc) that Bayonetta, of all games, was rated as one of the easiest games to play one-handed  :o

I'm not exactly sure how or why that can be but, it piques my interest enough to ask those of you who have played it + know me/my gaming tastes; if it's something that you think I'd like?

In all seriousness though, sometimes that site can help to restore some of my hope & faith in gamers & human nature because - there are people there who have overcome challenges equal to (and, in some cases, even greater) than my own...and yet...through being resourceful, determined, persevering against & disproving the odds & statistics, doing the un-doable, and loving games & gaming...

they...

Game On!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4598 on: November 17, 2014, 06:36:56 pm »
Disgaeniac, is you new avatar a joke because our new avatars are, *ahem*, bigger?  ;)

davifus

« Reply #4599 on: November 17, 2014, 07:10:06 pm »
Disgaeniac, is you new avatar a joke because our new avatars are, *ahem*, bigger?  ;)

I thought we all discussed & agreed that Kenny is a Closet Pervert.  8)
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

tpugmire

« Reply #4600 on: November 17, 2014, 07:21:00 pm »

Closet?  I always thought he was just a regular pervert.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4601 on: November 17, 2014, 08:39:11 pm »

Closet?  I always thought he was just a regular pervert.

I like to think of him (and myself) as having a sense of humor with adult content.   ;D

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4602 on: November 17, 2014, 08:40:28 pm »
Double Post SON!!

This just didn't fit with the last post.  I know, I'm a bad example for all the new folks.  But this is awesome!

argyle

« Reply #4603 on: November 17, 2014, 11:19:11 pm »
Don't be jealous of my new avatar, guys.  8)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4604 on: November 17, 2014, 11:23:53 pm »
Don't be jealous of my new avatar, guys.  8)

Dude I was your avatar before I saw this post and was like, that is an awesome avatar, I should tell him haha
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730