Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1652945 times)

abe

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4695 on: November 23, 2014, 04:30:04 pm »
Well, I finally got my amiibos! And with them, Minecraft for Vita. But it seems that there is no such thing as a Minecraft PS Vita cartridge... it's a box containing a download code  >:( I hate when they do that. I'm getting a return label and shipping the game box back to amazon. I'll buy the PS3 version instead, I'd rather have a physical box (especially since box PS3 and PS Vita versions comme with a download code for the other version...)

Lol, the box for the minecraft does it even have the cartridge mold in it?

I'm pretty sure it did when I took a look at it at EB Games. It's kinda funny.

Well, I finally got my amiibos! And with them, Minecraft for Vita. But it seems that there is no such thing as a Minecraft PS Vita cartridge... it's a box containing a download code  >:( I hate when they do that. I'm getting a return label and shipping the game box back to amazon. I'll buy the PS3 version instead, I'd rather have a physical box (especially since box PS3 and PS Vita versions comme with a download code for the other version...)

I thought Amazon didn't accept returns on game voucher thingies like that. Seeing as one could could easily redeem the code and return it to Amazon without them knowing. Or is this different somehow since it's a code in a box? Return policies can be silly sometimes. :P
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

karyann

« Reply #4696 on: November 23, 2014, 04:43:15 pm »
Luckily, the box says right on it that it only contains a code and no cartridge, so I didn't unwrap the box. I bought it directly from amazon too, so it shouldn't be a hassle at all to return. I already got everything packed and the return label printed  :)

But I hate that it wasn't written anywhere that this game only exists as a download, be it on Amazon or anywhere else on the internet where I searched for informations before buying it.  :-\

abe

« Reply #4697 on: November 23, 2014, 05:32:08 pm »
But I hate that it wasn't written anywhere that this game only exists as a download, be it on Amazon or anywhere else on the internet where I searched for informations before buying it.  :-\

Yeah, Amazon really needs to a better job of keeping their box art up to date. It wouldn't have been an issue had they just used the actual art that represents the final product. I do believe you can give Amazon feedback on their entries though. There's a few options under the "Product Details" section that you can use to tell them they messed up. I'm not sure if they'll actually do anything about it though.

kashell

« Reply #4698 on: November 23, 2014, 05:55:24 pm »
Tales of Hearts finished. For now, at least. My second play through promises to be more exciting than the first thanks to the lovely GRADE shop.

« Reply #4699 on: November 23, 2014, 06:11:42 pm »
If the future is all-downloadable/always online games in the next generation (around 2020), I don't think I'll be playing very many new games. Having the physical copy I can play whenever is what makes it worth a damn, to me. I don't like this trend.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4700 on: November 23, 2014, 06:32:16 pm »
Tales of Hearts finished. For now, at least. My second play through promises to be more exciting than the first thanks to the lovely GRADE shop.

Jump right on into Tears to Tiara 2 next then, buddy...you can (and will:) thank me later ;)

Be very careful if & when reading/using G*FAQs' board for the game - there's lots
of (probably unintentional) unmarked  spoilers contained in innocuous-sounding titles & "safe"-looking threads + topics :o

I'm nearing the end of my 1st playthrough (4 or 5 more stages/most likely another 2-3 days); so:

if you, or abe, or anyone else here who's going to be playing it starts it around that time = it'd probably be pretty damned fun + more convenient & lively...if we had a couple of us playing through the game together! ;D                                               
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

tpugmire

« Reply #4701 on: November 23, 2014, 07:12:45 pm »
Has anyone watched the new documentary, Atari: Game Over?  It's available for free on Xbox video. I just got done watching it, and I really liked it. If you have the means, I suggest checking it out.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

foxhack

« Reply #4702 on: November 23, 2014, 07:27:39 pm »
Blaaaaaaaargh I hate late November. Nobody ever buys anything during this last week, everyone's saving their cash for friggin' black friday.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4703 on: November 23, 2014, 07:33:24 pm »
If the future is all-downloadable/always online games in the next generation (around 2020), I don't think I'll be playing very many new games. Having the physical copy I can play whenever is what makes it worth a damn, to me. I don't like this trend.

I've said the same thing.  "I won't buy stuff that I don't really own."

I'm sure I will. I just won't pay full price. I have several download only games, but I got them all free or super cheap.

« Reply #4704 on: November 23, 2014, 07:36:36 pm »
Has anyone watched the new documentary, Atari: Game Over?  It's available for free on Xbox video. I just got done watching it, and I really liked it. If you have the means, I suggest checking it out.

I'll likely check it out after finals, once a good torrent of it is available. It definitely seems interesting.

I've said the same thing.  "I won't buy stuff that I don't really own."

I'm sure I will. I just won't pay full price. I have several download only games, but I got them all free or super cheap.

If everyone adopts the Steam model of good discounts, I'm sure I might rethink what I'm saying now, but honestly, it'll probably just be an excuse for me to tackle my backlog and get to focusing on games from previous generations that I'm missing (basically what I'm doing right now).

abe

« Reply #4705 on: November 23, 2014, 07:39:04 pm »

Jump right on into Tears to Tiara 2 next then, buddy...you can (and will:) thank me later ;)

Be very careful if & when reading/using G*FAQs' board for the game - there's lots
of (probably unintentional) unmarked  spoilers contained in innocuous-sounding titles & "safe"-looking threads + topics :o

I'm nearing the end of my 1st playthrough (4 or 5 more stages/most likely another 2-3 days); so:

if you, or abe, or anyone else here who's going to be playing it starts it around that time = it'd probably be pretty damned fun + more convenient & lively...if we had a couple of us playing through the game together! ;D                                               

I'd really like to start it soon, but I've got final exams to study for. :'( Getting hooked on a new game in the middle of exams isn't the best of ideas, speaking from experience. :-[ At this point it will likely be mid-December before I have enough time to really get into TtT II. I'm really excited for it and don't want to have my experience with the game interrupted by important junk I have to do.

« Reply #4706 on: November 23, 2014, 08:24:41 pm »
I'm not the bragging type... but I'm damn proud of my signature right now. 8)

kashell

« Reply #4707 on: November 23, 2014, 08:25:28 pm »
Tears to Tiara II sounds tempting, but I think a more low key RPG is in order. I also haven't started Miku yet and I really want to since the first game was so awesome.

Everyone says great things about Suikoden II, so I may go with that one since it's probably shorter than Tears to Tiara II and probably not as intense.

bobster

« Reply #4708 on: November 23, 2014, 08:30:06 pm »
That sig is pretty awesome. Good job if you made those!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #4709 on: November 23, 2014, 08:32:18 pm »
That sig is pretty awesome. Good job if you made those!
Thanks! ;D If anyone wants one like this done, I'd be happy to oblige.