Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1654462 times)

soera

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5115 on: December 16, 2014, 07:36:19 am »
Yes ... yes I did.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5116 on: December 16, 2014, 07:39:56 am »
Yes ... yes I did.

(one of) My VGC Gutta' brudda('s)...and proud of it?! :o 8) :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #5117 on: December 16, 2014, 08:13:27 am »
Boobies are fun! Although, not fun in the way everyone else on here thinks. XD

« Reply #5118 on: December 16, 2014, 09:09:25 am »
Just finished my last exam of the semester! ;D Now it's time to sit back, relax, and... re-arrange the furniture in my room and study for my driver's permit. :-\

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5119 on: December 16, 2014, 09:25:11 am »
Boobies are fun! Although, not fun in the way everyone else on here thinks. XD

This is just a tease and, it needs clarification for my elucidation!

Don't go blaming the disgaeniac, either...it *was* karyann who 1st put...titillating (couln't resist:) & obscene NSFW pics in our virgin & prudish forum :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #5120 on: December 16, 2014, 09:27:42 am »
I'll send you a PM. I don't want to confuse anyone more than necessary. ^_~

karyann

« Reply #5121 on: December 16, 2014, 10:37:20 am »
Oh my god guys, guess who just pre-ordered a 20th Anniversary Playstation 4!

hint... IT'S ME

abe

« Reply #5122 on: December 16, 2014, 10:41:54 am »

hint... IT'S ME

Congratulations. :D Are you going to keep it boxed, or are you going to open it up and use it?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

bobster

« Reply #5123 on: December 16, 2014, 10:42:16 am »

hint... IT'S ME
le what? I'm guessing Canada units finally got announced? Congrats! I don't think a single person on this forum got the US one  >:(
Currently Playing: The Witcher

karyann

« Reply #5124 on: December 16, 2014, 10:50:40 am »
le what? I'm guessing Canada units finally got announced? Congrats! I don't think a single person on this forum got the US one  >:(

It was announced and 10 minutes later they were all gone! It's crazy. The site didn't crash like it did last week for the US sales though.

Congratulations. :D Are you going to keep it boxed, or are you going to open it up and use it?

I'm totally opening it and using it! I don't have a PS4 yet, so this baby's going to both look great in my living room, AND be played the heck out of  :P

kashell

« Reply #5125 on: December 16, 2014, 10:53:02 am »
Dang, that's awesome! Enjoy it.

bobster

« Reply #5126 on: December 16, 2014, 10:59:14 am »
I need to reach out to all our JRPGers here. I'm sure Kenny, Greg, Abe, and Kashell will all have something to say  ;D.

I'm looking for a couple Xmas gifts for a buddy of mine and I'm ignorant about the Tales games in most ways (I did play a fan translation of Tales of Phantasia on SNES in high school). I know he's played Tales of Symphonia on GameCube and apparently likes the game. Anyways, recently he mentioned that he was at Gamestop and was surprised to see "All these 3DS Tales remakes." If I'm correct, only one came out for 3DS (Abyss) while a bunch came out recently on Vita correct?

He doesn't have a Vita, so do you guys think someone who played Symponia would like Abyss? Also, He never played the Wii sequel. Any good? I know it's included with Chronicles so I may just get him that (and convince him to maybe give me his Gamecube version  ;D). The presents are from my girlfriend and I so he may end up with a ton of Tales games. I'm also considering Bravely Default for him as well since I raved about how great it was to him.

kashell

« Reply #5127 on: December 16, 2014, 11:18:27 am »
I need to reach out to all our JRPGers here. I'm sure Kenny, Greg, Abe, and Kashell will all have something to say  ;D.

I'm looking for a couple Xmas gifts for a buddy of mine and I'm ignorant about the Tales games in most ways (I did play a fan translation of Tales of Phantasia on SNES in high school). I know he's played Tales of Symphonia on GameCube and apparently likes the game. Anyways, recently he mentioned that he was at Gamestop and was surprised to see "All these 3DS Tales remakes." If I'm correct, only one came out for 3DS (Abyss) while a bunch came out recently on Vita correct?

He doesn't have a Vita, so do you guys think someone who played Symponia would like Abyss? Also, He never played the Wii sequel. Any good? I know it's included with Chronicles so I may just get him that (and convince him to maybe give me his Gamecube version  ;D). The presents are from my girlfriend and I so he may end up with a ton of Tales games. I'm also considering Bravely Default for him as well since I raved about how great it was to him.

Tales is my favorite series, so I'm happy to offer my two cents. There is only one remake on the 3DS, which is Tales of the Abyss. Only two "re-imaginings" were done on the Vita. These are Tales of Innocence R and Tales of Hearts R. Unfortunately, only Hearts R is available in English. Folks are speculating whether or not we'll get Innocence R, but I'm not holding my breath.

If he liked Symphonia, chances are he'll like Abyss. The Tales of Symphonia 2 is my least favorite of the series, but that's a whole other story.

Bravely Default has excellent game play and customization, but some of the worst writing and characters I've ever seen in an RPG. Ever. Shame, since DAT SOUNDTRACK!

bobster

« Reply #5128 on: December 16, 2014, 11:22:35 am »

Tales is my favorite series, so I'm happy to offer my two cents. There is only one remake on the 3DS, which is Tales of the Abyss. Only two "re-imaginings" were done on the Vita. These are Tales of Innocence R and Tales of Hearts R. Unfortunately, only Hearts R is available in English. Folks are speculating whether or not we'll get Innocence R, but I'm not holding my breath.

If he liked Symphonia, chances are he'll like Abyss. The Tales of Symphonia 2 is my least favorite of the series, but that's a whole other story.

Bravely Default has excellent game play and customization, but some of the worst writing and characters I've ever seen in an RPG. Ever. Shame, since DAT SOUNDTRACK!
I'm surprised at the hate for Bravely Default. I will admit the latter half of the game was... repetitive for those of us that didn't take the hint because of our compulsion to complete everything, but I thought it was quite awesome.

Thanks for your insight. I really think at this point we'll get him Chronicles (since I'm not even sure if he has a Wii), Abyss, and Bravely default. That's like less than $90 at this point for all three on Amazon.

abe

« Reply #5129 on: December 16, 2014, 11:24:39 am »

The sequel to Tales of Symphonia on the Wii isn't nearly as good the first Tales of Symphonia, but I wouldn't call it a bad game. The Tales of Symphonia Chronicles on the PS3 would still be worth getting even if he has the GameCube original since it's got some added features from the PS2 version that was never released outside of Japan. I would recommend the Tales of Symphonia Chronicles on the PS3. I haven't played the 3DS version of Abyss, but I've heard good things about it. Maybe you could convince your friend to buy a PlayStation TV so you can buy him Tales of Hearts R. ;) (A cheaper alternative to getting a Vita to play it on)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)