Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1654759 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5175 on: December 17, 2014, 11:48:27 am »
Help me decide. my bday and Christmas is coming up... My best friend wants to buy me a game, so which ps4 game should I get?(since that is the current system I use most and that is plugged into my tv)

Dragon Age Inquisition
COD:AW
Sniper Elite 3
Far Cry 4
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

Bwigdahl

« Reply #5176 on: December 17, 2014, 11:52:18 am »
of those 4 my vote would go for Far Cry 4

kashell

« Reply #5177 on: December 17, 2014, 11:54:49 am »
Lol, all talk.

And yeah, I hate anyone who talks to someone else like that, especially a woman. Just disgusting.  >:(

My...stories aren't that extreme. Thankfully. I'm just surprised that the girl took this verbal abuse. Man, I usually stay out of couple-quarrels, but when it comes to degrading and demeaning women, I would threatened to toss him out of the plane. Sans parachute. You just don't do that to the fairer sex. What a piece of trash.

Anyways, this was when Melee was the most current version of Smash Bros. In college, I was in a friend's dorm. I was friends with both of the roomies and one of them had a visitor. He claimed to be awesome at, well, at life. And I guess Melee was part of his life or something. I don't know; we eventually had a four-person fight and he was gloating about how he'd be winning all of the matches.

He didn't win any of them. His skills were fine, but he was no match for me. It was so satisfying hearing his level of conversation go from a 10 down to a 1.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5178 on: December 17, 2014, 11:58:35 am »
Brought 800 christmas trees to the dump today.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #5179 on: December 17, 2014, 12:03:59 pm »
my rule on trash talk is to make sure it's level appropriate... like my best friend and I play smash pretty regularly and we pretty much split when we go 1v1, its usually even all the way around... and with him, I will give him shit and talk but i take as good as I give and in the end it's just jokes between us. whenever I play against lower skill players, I usually use that to play with characters I don't normally use or mess around with different strategies. I try to make sure everyone has fun playing, because that's what it's all about people! be competitive when it's competitive but just have fun otherwise, people!

kashell

« Reply #5180 on: December 17, 2014, 12:18:55 pm »
Everyone has their lovely collections in their signatures. How do I do that? Keep in mind, when it comes to computers I am a complete dunce. ^^()

soera

« Reply #5181 on: December 17, 2014, 12:31:33 pm »
Help me decide. my bday and Christmas is coming up... My best friend wants to buy me a game, so which ps4 game should I get?(since that is the current system I use most and that is plugged into my tv)

Dragon Age Inquisition
Shadow of Mordor
Sniper Elite 3
Far Cry 4

I went ahead and fixed your list for you. You forgot a game but added 3 that shouldnt have been there!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5182 on: December 17, 2014, 01:34:07 pm »

Dragon Age Inquisition
Shadow of Mordor
Sniper Elite 3
Far Cry 4

I went ahead and fixed your list for you. You forgot a game but added 3 that shouldnt have been there!

My friend has SoM that i can always borrow :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

bobster

« Reply #5183 on: December 17, 2014, 01:37:48 pm »
Everyone has their lovely collections in their signatures. How do I do that? Keep in mind, when it comes to computers I am a complete dunce. ^^()
Add this code to your signature.
Code: [Select]
[url=http://vgcollect.com/kashell][img]http://vgcollect.com/sig/kashell.jpg[/img][/url]
Currently Playing: The Witcher

kashell

« Reply #5184 on: December 17, 2014, 02:18:27 pm »
Looks like it worked! Thanks a bunch, Bobster! ^^

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5185 on: December 17, 2014, 02:19:12 pm »
Question (for PS1 (RPG) fans, collectors, players, etc)

about the game -

Ogre Battle episode 5: The March of the Black Queen

My copy has "Limited Edition" *plastered* all over the disc, case, and manual; I'm not all that slow on the uptake - I get it...it's an LE!

And, there are a few loose extras (memory card stickers, a map, & a class progression/evolution chart).

If I'm remembering aright, the game is (or was) somewhat rare & valuable...

...c/d?

Anyhow - since I've probably only seen (in person), about 10-20 actual copies of this game -and- iirc...I'm thinking that ALL of the copies that I've seen have looked the same + been marked & labeled the same...I'm wondering if the "Limited Edition" is the Only (PS1) edition?

Is there a (PS1) standard, vanilla, and non-"Limited Edition" edition?

Also:

- who's played (any version of) this game?

Tell me whatever you can remember about it!

Lastly, "episode 5" seems to imply 4 previous installments:

- what were they & what system(s) were they on?

muchas gracias, amigos ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #5186 on: December 17, 2014, 03:00:27 pm »
Grumpy grumpy grumpy.

argyle

« Reply #5187 on: December 17, 2014, 03:04:00 pm »

Dragon Age Inquisition
Shadow of Mordor
Sniper Elite 3
Far Cry 4

My friend has SoM that i can always borrow :D

The only two I've played (off the original list :P) are Dragon Age & Farcry 4, and they are both excellent. Really depends on what kind of mood you're in and/or your opinion of Bioware RPGs (heavy on dialog trees, choices, etc.). If you're in the mood for a meaty RPG & like Bioware's style, go with Dragon Age. If you're more up for a big first person sandbox type game, you can't go wrong w/ FC4.

I'll say I've put more time in & enjoyed FC4 a little more right now, but I'm not the biggest Bioware fan. I don't dislike them, they just aren't my favorite dev or anything.

EDIT: And Kenny, I think you're right about it being the only version, but that's going from my rusty memory. I haven't played it, but I've played some of the PSP Tactics Ogre which I'm pretty sure is the same franchise. It's a "dead characters stay dead" tactical RPG.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5188 on: December 17, 2014, 03:09:58 pm »
As I often do, I cruise around other collector sites on the interwebs. I saw someone post a pretty good find.  Instead of folks giving the dude a hearty pat on the back, as I've been accustomed to around here, folks were saying "This smells like bullshit" and "Show the receipt". 

What the hell?  Can't folks just be happy for one another.  If someone lies about a find, it doesn't hurt you at all.  Just let it go.  Don't be a dick. 

Thank you VGCollect for not sucking.  Some of you are assholes, but you're a lovable bunch of assholes.  ;D

maximo310

« Reply #5189 on: December 17, 2014, 03:21:00 pm »
As I often do, I cruise around other collector sites on the interwebs. I saw someone post a pretty good find.  Instead of folks giving the dude a hearty pat on the back, as I've been accustomed to around here, folks were saying "This smells like bullshit" and "Show the receipt". 

What the hell?  Can't folks just be happy for one another.  If someone lies about a find, it doesn't hurt you at all.  Just let it go.  Don't be a dick. 

Thank you VGCollect for not sucking.  Some of you are assholes, but you're a lovable bunch of assholes.  ;D
I think I saw this yesterday on a thread I was on as well : http://www.reddit.com/r/gamecollecting/comments/2piw1q/got_this_all_for_25_at_a_pawn_shop/
I don't get why these guys had to be massive jerks about it, the guy made a great find on those games, and he gets accused of lying about the price and such. It sounds like other people are just jealous of this guy's success and that's no good.  They really shouldn't have tried to make a big deal about this, because it not going to affect them in any way and you just move on with stuff. I'm glad that most other places( including here) doesn't engage in that kind of behavior.