Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1591740 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5415 on: January 02, 2015, 01:06:49 pm »

Dang, I got a flat today on the freeway.....

Dear God! What happened?! Did your car get attacked by Wolverine?

foxhack

« Reply #5416 on: January 02, 2015, 01:58:58 pm »

It's not his car. That's a mortar shell.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5417 on: January 02, 2015, 02:01:06 pm »
I see it now. I thought that was the tank hanging down.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5418 on: January 02, 2015, 07:27:28 pm »
Turf- good luck man hope everything turns out alright

Burningdoom- congrats

jcalder8

« Reply #5419 on: January 02, 2015, 08:42:39 pm »

It's not his car. That's a mortar shell.
Technically it could still be his car lol

kashell

« Reply #5420 on: January 03, 2015, 02:46:54 pm »
January, February and March have always been the three months I dislike the most. It's (usually) cold, there is nothing to look forward to in terms of fun holidays, there aren't any days off of work until late May and there's just an overall drab feeling of blah-ness everywhere. My birthday isn't until June, so it'll be a while for that, too.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5421 on: January 03, 2015, 03:38:37 pm »
January, February and March have always been the three months I dislike the most. It's (usually) cold, there is nothing to look forward to in terms of fun holidays, there aren't any days off of work until late May and there's just an overall drab feeling of blah-ness everywhere. My birthday isn't until June, so it'll be a while for that, too.

I enjoy it... glad the holidays are over. Can focus on getting things done.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

karyann

« Reply #5422 on: January 03, 2015, 07:02:51 pm »

As long as you don't plan on going to the gym, it's also usually less crowded to leave the house!

kashell

« Reply #5423 on: January 03, 2015, 07:08:20 pm »

As long as you don't plan on going to the gym, it's also usually less crowded to leave the house!

Just got back from there, actually. XD I can't wait for everyone to stop caring about their resolutions so it's less crowded again.

karyann

« Reply #5424 on: January 03, 2015, 07:09:55 pm »
Just got back from there, actually. XD I can't wait for everyone to stop caring about their resolutions so it's less crowded again.

That might help explain :P haha. New Year is terrible for that. And about the cold, January / February are definitely the worst out here. I hate them for that  :(

Bwigdahl

« Reply #5425 on: January 03, 2015, 10:57:08 pm »
I make sure to NEVER go to the gym in January... I also make sure to never go in the other 11 months either.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5426 on: January 04, 2015, 01:37:19 am »
The last few months of 2014 have been completely insane. The company I worked for would do a large, week-long outdoor on-location broadcast of a talk show. I basically live at the studio during this time getting things ready to go. At the end of September, on the last day of our biggest remote TV shoot of the year, half of the company gets laid off. A week later we're told that the company is being sold and the new company is not retaining any of the employees from our company. Last day of operation is near the end of November - on my birthday, specifically. Happy birthday, right? I interview at a few places and am told I don't have enough experience (even though I've been doing their job for the past three years in addition to plumbing, landscaping, set construction, camera operation, audio mixing and just about anything else that the boss could think of). So, I figure, why not start my own production company? I already have quite the audio stash (supported the week-long talk show and game show on location for the TV station, including house sound, separate broadcast mix, 15 wireless mic channels, etc), had a decent start on lighting and was well on my way to having a decent video kit. I've been doing a few little commercials here and there and have a background in live production prior to getting in to TV so it seems like a halfway decent idea to take a stab at while I keep poking around at other openings. I pull the trigger and start building an HD live multicamera system with three cameras, graphics, multiple recording decks, the works. Basically a TV studio in a box. Not two days after I get started I get a call from the new company - they want me to contract with them for a week to help move equipment to their studio. Things go really well; they offer me a job starting just before Christmas. So now I'm back doing what I do for a TV station AND putting the finishing touches on gear for my production company. Landed contract to provide equipment for a weekly talk show going into production in a few months so the gear can start trying to pay for itself. I just realized I haven't touched any of my game consoles since the end of August. I should probably fire up the PS3 and 360 and let them update. Will probably take them a few days. Hopefully things will calm down a bit once I get settled in at the new job so I can take a breather and relax a little.

davifus

« Reply #5427 on: January 04, 2015, 02:17:30 am »
The last few months of 2014 have been completely insane. The company I worked for would do a large, week-long outdoor on-location broadcast of a talk show. I basically live at the studio during this time getting things ready to go. At the end of September, on the last day of our biggest remote TV shoot of the year, half of the company gets laid off. A week later we're told that the company is being sold and the new company is not retaining any of the employees from our company. Last day of operation is near the end of November - on my birthday, specifically. Happy birthday, right? I interview at a few places and am told I don't have enough experience (even though I've been doing their job for the past three years in addition to plumbing, landscaping, set construction, camera operation, audio mixing and just about anything else that the boss could think of). So, I figure, why not start my own production company? I already have quite the audio stash (supported the week-long talk show and game show on location for the TV station, including house sound, separate broadcast mix, 15 wireless mic channels, etc), had a decent start on lighting and was well on my way to having a decent video kit. I've been doing a few little commercials here and there and have a background in live production prior to getting in to TV so it seems like a halfway decent idea to take a stab at while I keep poking around at other openings. I pull the trigger and start building an HD live multicamera system with three cameras, graphics, multiple recording decks, the works. Basically a TV studio in a box. Not two days after I get started I get a call from the new company - they want me to contract with them for a week to help move equipment to their studio. Things go really well; they offer me a job starting just before Christmas. So now I'm back doing what I do for a TV station AND putting the finishing touches on gear for my production company. Landed contract to provide equipment for a weekly talk show going into production in a few months so the gear can start trying to pay for itself. I just realized I haven't touched any of my game consoles since the end of August. I should probably fire up the PS3 and 360 and let them update. Will probably take them a few days. Hopefully things will calm down a bit once I get settled in at the new job so I can take a breather and relax a little.

wow, that was a mouth full.

Sorry for your initial loss but congratz on the gain, so are doing both the weekly contract and working on your production company?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5428 on: January 04, 2015, 05:26:47 am »
I only skip the gym on days that end in a "y" :P

KASH -

Feb = Valentines Day?

March = 1st day of spring?

Where's the love?!

Strart paying more attention to the 1/2 of your glass w/ something in it ^_*
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5429 on: January 04, 2015, 08:09:17 am »
Start paying more attention to the 1/2 of your glass w/ something in it ^_*

Thats a quote, my friend. I like it.