Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1663958 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6480 on: March 18, 2015, 08:09:46 am »
A few things.

1. Good morning, VG Collect general forum. Today is Wednesday. Are we going to get over the hump in one piece?

2. darky: Did you try Awakened Fate Ultimatum yet? I'd love to hear some impressions.

3. I'm at a crossroads in debating what to play next. I'm hovering between three games as of now, but that could change. The three games are Hyperdevotion Noire, Fairy Fencer F or Dark Cloud 2.

4. warsmingal: Like any hobby, game collecting is expensive. If you think you have had enough (for now) you can put it on hold. Games aren't going anywhere. Also, it sounds like your money might be better spent on other things. Just my two cents.

argyle

« Reply #6481 on: March 18, 2015, 09:14:22 am »
3. I'm at a crossroads in debating what to play next. I'm hovering between three games as of now, but that could change. The three games are Hyperdevotion Noire, Fairy Fencer F or Dark Cloud 2.

Torn on what to recommend. I *love* Dark Cloud 2. LOVE IT! But...I'd like to hear some Fairy Fencer F impressions...  ::) ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #6482 on: March 18, 2015, 09:22:56 am »
I think I'll go with FFF. Crisis Core lacked the warm and fuzzy ending I like in RPGs and it looks like FFF will have just that. I'll try to start it tonight.

abe

« Reply #6483 on: March 18, 2015, 09:24:36 am »

Fairy Fencer F is alright, but it's nothing amazing either. It's got a nice soundtrack. The gameplay itself is extremely similar to the Hyperdimension Neptunia series, in particular HDN Victory, and Re;Birth1 and Re;Birth2. I wouldn't call it a bad game, but it didn't hold my attention for very long. I've only put a few hours into it so far, so maybe it gets better further into the game. Again, similar to the Neptunia franchise (and some of Compile Heart/Idea Factory's other games) most of the appeal comes from the story and the characters.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6484 on: March 18, 2015, 10:09:19 am »

darkly, Did you try Awakened Fate Ultimatum yet? I'd love to hear some impressions.

Nope.

But, it is right among the top of my "Up Next" List of Contenders;D

I forget - did you play Guided Fate Paradox?

My main/quick impression from the 3 or 4 reviews of it that I've skimmed through, is that - while similar to its predecessor - it's been "streamlined" to make it "more accessible" (read: *could* be good, but - usually isn't).

It will probably be awhile before I start it as, after the drained, empty, and, hollow, shell & husk of a man that platting TtT2 & CoH2G back to back (and sans any guides and/or other active players & forums) left me as...

...HDN Noire is, exactly, what the dr. ordered & what I wanted and needed to play next  :-\

Noire's actually looking like a pretty standard S/RPG platinum --but-- coming right after those other 2 games; it's feeling, looking, and smelling like another...'Last Rebellion' (read: quickest & easiest (1-2 days!), platinum evah!  8)

Never forget, Grasshopper: 

That Everything is very simply made relative (and easy); when played/done, etc. right after doing/playing the same person, *erm* thing/game, that is to say,

...only harder  :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6485 on: March 18, 2015, 10:09:54 am »
1. Good morning, VG Collect general forum. Today is Wednesday. Are we going to get over the hump in one piece?

I don't know, sure hope so. Felt like I was going to fall asleep on my way to work today.

kashell

« Reply #6486 on: March 18, 2015, 11:35:00 am »
I still haven't played GFP. It looks like it would be right up my alley, but at the same time, it looks like it'd be a huge time sink. I have tons of those titles already in ye olde backlog, and I damn well intend on getting around to all of them. Since you're praising Noire's game, I think that may actually end up being the one I go with instead of FFF.

It's been a hot minute since I played a solid SRPG, and I can use some light-hearted, fourth wall breaking humor after dealing with Zack.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6487 on: March 18, 2015, 11:52:59 am »
Am I a bad collector? I don't have an NES or SNES, and I really want them but just still haven't bitten for some reason... is that bad of me? lol

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6488 on: March 18, 2015, 12:06:15 pm »
Am I a bad collector? I don't have an NES or SNES, and I really want them but just still haven't bitten for some reason... is that bad of me? lol

Yes

kashell

« Reply #6489 on: March 18, 2015, 12:11:11 pm »
I don't think there's such a thing as a "bad collector."

Unless you obtain your goods via unsavory means. Then you're a bad collector and a bad person.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6490 on: March 18, 2015, 12:14:13 pm »
I really want a NES and a SNES. I just haven't found them. And I know the second I get one of them I'll immediately have like 500 extra games popping up ...

EDIT: Also please leave feedback for sellers on eBay ... I hate people who aren't doing that and it sucks. I have 50 feedback but over 100 sales.. ugh.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 12:15:47 pm by tafk »

argyle

« Reply #6491 on: March 18, 2015, 12:26:41 pm »
I really want a NES and a SNES. I just haven't found them. And I know the second I get one of them I'll immediately have like 500 extra games popping up ...

EDIT: Also please leave feedback for sellers on eBay ... I hate people who aren't doing that and it sucks. I have 50 feedback but over 100 sales.. ugh.

Same with me. Heck, some sellers don't leave me feedback after I do so for them. It's annoying - it only takes a second, and you know it's important because I'll guarantee you all buyers look at the amount of feedback before buying - so just do it! ::)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6492 on: March 18, 2015, 12:30:21 pm »

Same with me. Heck, some sellers don't leave me feedback after I do so for them. It's annoying - it only takes a second, and you know it's important because I'll guarantee you all buyers look at the amount of feedback before buying - so just do it! ::)

I now don't leave feedback for buyers unless they leave me feedback as a seller. I wish I could leave neutral feedback based on the fact that they don't leave feedback haha.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6493 on: March 18, 2015, 01:04:29 pm »

Yeah...Nope

There are plenty of systems, computers, consoles, hardware, etc. that:

1).  I don't have,

2).  I don't have any interest in, and

3).  That I *know* that I won't ever own or, ever have any interest in collecting them and/or their respective games.

My 2 cents on my 2 points/considerations that distinguish those "good" collectors from those nasty-ass "bad" ones -

1st point = If you're honest, mature, open-minded, tolerant, fair, and consistent in any and all of your dealings with other collectors (in any form; buying, selling, trading, talking on a forum...ALL of it); then, in my book, you're a "good" collector!  ;D

2nd point = The only thing about you & your post + question that strikes me as "bad", would be the fact that you feel that you need to or should have anyone other than yourself -not only answer- but even influence or affect *your* own answer (ie the only one that matters & has any meaning, at all) to that question.  :(

KASHY -

Absolutely, and most definitely *DO* let me know if and when you start playing tears2tiara2

(wtf? A guy can hope; can't he? ;) )

HDN Noire!

I'm still only at about, what I'd estimate to be 1/3 to 1/4th of the way through it ; so, I'm thinking that we could help each other out...

...and stuffles  :P
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 01:06:44 pm by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #6494 on: March 18, 2015, 02:14:47 pm »
To bring darkalicious' point further home, you shouldn't worry about what you have and don't have. A good collector should also be a good person: honest, fair, kind-hearted, etc. That's what makes a good collector and, quite frankly, what makes this site so great.

I have no interest in owning an NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. because they'd take up space and I already own a Retron 5. I can still play Secret of Mana in short bursts, but I don't need to worry about space. A "good" collector also knows the importance of space as far as I'm concerned. XD

I'll begin HD Noire tonight. I got the free DLC and I'm eager to put it to good use. ^^