Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1664357 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6525 on: March 20, 2015, 09:37:58 am »
I'm on Chapter 3 of HD Noire. I also got new characters. So, it's clear that Lee-Fi is based off of Chun-Li from Street Fighter. Lid is based off of Snake from Metal Gear. For those playing it (dark) who is Resta supposed represent? She looks like she'd come from a Tales game, but I can't tell if that's the case. @_@

Resta is a reference to the High Elves from the Record of Agarest War series.

I'm an idiot. I've played all of those games and I couldn't figure that out.

Thanks for clearing that up! ^^

kashell

« Reply #6526 on: March 20, 2015, 09:40:17 am »

Heh-Heh!

Thanks for jumping-in there, abe ;D

You saved me from having to reveal just how completely clueless, immensely ignorant, not to mention - how severely stumped I was, by his question to the community-at-large ;)

Hey!

Wait just a minute here; hmm...didn't I just...

... :-[

I'm just starting CH. 5 Kash.

Also, got the trophies for trickin'-out Noire's room, making a Godly Disc, 100 missions, and making 50 items.

Not even close to anyone hitting LV. 99 yet -but- I'm closing in on the 9,999,999 $ one + the 9,999 damage one (today or tomorrow).

I love it when they make every trophy look different and relevant to its requirements!

Have you noticed that they all say "NOR" on the top :P

Wow, you're making great progress. Got some tips for making the Godly disc and for making Noire's new digs look awesome? I know you need to spend money to earn amazoo points. Is there a certain mission that you prefer to do this to earn the money?

Also, do you know of any good maps for the Lily Ranking? That is going to be one of those, "Find a new television show to catch up on while you grind" trophies. XD

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6527 on: March 20, 2015, 10:03:22 am »
Lily-Farming:

If you haven't gotten to it yet, there's a stage where you need to collect (5) grass/moongrass, something like that.  This stage can & will be your friend for Lily grinding because, you can kill every enemy on it w/o finishing or ending the stage.  This eliminates any & all enemy turns, movement, animations, etc.

I've *heard* that there's a limit of 99 turns to grab all 5/finish the stage so, keep that in mind, bring plenty of SP restoratives, and get busy!

Also, be sure to turn-off the Lily animations & the character's skill animations and set it to double-time (speed).

Money

iirc, it's called the "Circle of Fire" mission - you're guaranteed a minimun of a 1/2 million, in a stage that can easily be cleared in < 30 seconds (once you're level 20-ish).  It's the one where it's just 1 dragon to beat.

other

You get Regen Lv.1, drop-up Lv. 1, and money-up Lv.1 all very early on; use them (when you make your discs)!

Also (one of those happily-unintentional finds) = whoever has (any level) Regen equipped...gets +1 every turn towards their "use healing" character challenge  ;)

Edit

Godly discs

are, pretty much, up to the RNG dropping the idea chips that you need + the right discs to make use of them.

Noire's Room

What I found out (and did) here was to use the shop.  Whenever you sell something; it's counted & treated as "new" money; so...ipso, facto - when I was impatient, I'd just start selling, buying, re-selling, re-buying, re-re-selling, etc. to up my total $ earned + the points needed for her room.  ;D

« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 10:10:20 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #6528 on: March 20, 2015, 10:08:30 am »
Circle of Fire, Grass Collecting and HP Regen. Awesome.

Thanks for the help as usual! ^^

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6529 on: March 20, 2015, 10:12:19 am »
Circle of Fire, Grass Collecting and HP Regen. Awesome.

Thanks for the help as usual! ^^

No problem!

post edited for godly discs + noire's crib  :P

abe

« Reply #6530 on: March 20, 2015, 11:18:30 am »
To those of you who are familiar with most of the Tales of series, how important is it that I play Tales of Xillia before Tales of Xillia 2? The only reason I ask is because I have 2, but not the original yet. I really want to play it but I don't know if I'd be ruining the first Xillia by playing Xillia 2 first.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #6531 on: March 20, 2015, 11:29:49 am »
To those of you who are familiar with most of the Tales of series, how important is it that I play Tales of Xillia before Tales of Xillia 2? The only reason I ask is because I have 2, but not the original yet. I really want to play it but I don't know if I'd be ruining the first Xillia by playing Xillia 2 first.

I'd say it's very important. The game takes place directly after the first Xillia and you wouldn't...what's the word...appreciate(?) the world, characters and such as much without witnessing the events.

If you want to dive in to Xillia 2 soon, I think you'll be glad to know that Xillia isn't very long. You can set the game to Easy and breeze through at your leisure. I'd say choose to play as Jude. Both stories are basically the same except for a few distinct story events, but Jude's have more impact with the characters.

Also, many of the game play mechanics have been reused in Xillia 2. Since Xillia is easier, it'd be a good way to get introduced to them.

argyle

« Reply #6532 on: March 20, 2015, 11:36:33 am »

I'd say it's very important. The game takes place directly after the first Xillia and you wouldn't...what's the word...appreciate(?) the world, characters and such as much without witnessing the events.

If you want to dive in to Xillia 2 soon, I think you'll be glad to know that Xillia isn't very long. You can set the game to Easy and breeze through at your leisure. I'd say choose to play as Jude. Both stories are basically the same except for a few distinct story events, but Jude's have more impact with the characters.

Also, many of the game play mechanics have been reused in Xillia 2. Since Xillia is easier, it'd be a good way to get introduced to them.

What Kash said. It would be like playing FFX-2 before X, the characters & world would mean nothing to you and the game doesn't try to explain any of it because it assumes you've played the first one. Both are excellent games tho, so you should play them both anyway. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6533 on: March 20, 2015, 11:46:06 am »
I went back & checked the (only) 2 Godly Discs that I have because - the fact trhat I was able to get the drops needed for them so easily & early - I'm thinking that they must be the 2 easiest ones to get.

You can make them; thusly:

1st one I was able/had the items to make was the Mario kart one.

All that you'll need to make that one is (any) disc, with 3 slots, (a yellow one, a red one, and a blue one).

- the blue & yellow slots will need to be level 3 (out of 5) or higher, and
- the red one only needs to be level one.

the "Racing" (level 3) goes in the Yellow slot,

the "Bearded Italian" (level 3) goes into the Blue slot, and

the "Casual" (level 1) into the Red = Godly Disc Made!

The 2nd "Pokemon" one also needs a 3-slotted disc (*note* ALL Godly discs must have 3 slots),  This one requires a disc w/ minimal levels of Red = level 2, Yellow only needs a level one, and the Blue one at level 5.  It gets put together, thusly:

"RPG" (level 1) in the Yellow slot,

"Monster" (level 5) in the Blue slot, and

the "For Kids" (level 2) one in the Red.

I'm pretty sure that - by the 3rd chapter - you should easily be finding all of these.

*Protip* = don't waste any of your idea chips on making any "meh" discs; instead, save them for the great ones  ;)

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6534 on: March 20, 2015, 11:48:52 am »
I keep feeling like FFT is gonna get going but then I feel like I'm unsure of the games length. I'm currently on level 3 of the library, and I feel like the story is a bit on-hold right now. It always picks up right around when I see Delita but I haven't seen him in a while. Anyone have anything to say to motivate me to keep going?

kashell

« Reply #6535 on: March 20, 2015, 11:58:13 am »
I keep feeling like FFT is gonna get going but then I feel like I'm unsure of the games length. I'm currently on level 3 of the library, and I feel like the story is a bit on-hold right now. It always picks up right around when I see Delita but I haven't seen him in a while. Anyone have anything to say to motivate me to keep going?

Just this:

'DAT ENDING!

Of course, there is more. There are some phenomenal new characters that will join your party. There are some great bonus maps. I'm not sure how many jobs you have, but you can potentially experiment with some great combinations. The final chapter is easily the most exciting because so much stuff comes to a boiling point.

If you're not having fun, maybe take a small break from it? It's one of my top ten games because it does nearly everything right as far as I'm concerned.

dark: Thanks for color coding that! As soon as I finish a few battles in Chapter 3, I'll look to see if I have any of those. I want to make as many as I can since they seem to be really helpful.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6536 on: March 20, 2015, 12:05:38 pm »

Just this:

'DAT ENDING!

Of course, there is more. There are some phenomenal new characters that will join your party. There are some great bonus maps. I'm not sure how many jobs you have, but you can potentially experiment with some great combinations. The final chapter is easily the most exciting because so much stuff comes to a boiling point.

If you're not having fun, maybe take a small break from it? It's one of my top ten games because it does nearly everything right as far as I'm concerned.

Its just the random battles between story stuff that's making it feel like a slog to me... I wish I could turn off random battles. And I just turned my MC into a Ninja which has made things far more interesting. My current 5 flips with usually being Ninja (MC)/Holy Knight/Summoner/White Mage and the last slot is either Dragoon/Chemist/Monk. Any fun stuff I should be working towards?

kashell

« Reply #6537 on: March 20, 2015, 12:09:17 pm »
Hmm...I forgot to ask if you're playing the PS or PSP version. Depending on which version you're going through now, the answers could vary slightly.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6538 on: March 20, 2015, 12:10:23 pm »
Hmm...I forgot to ask if you're playing the PS or PSP version. Depending on which version you're going through now, the answers could vary slightly.

PS, I know the translation is inferior but I have had no problems to be honest. I like playing on the original hardware.

kashell

« Reply #6539 on: March 20, 2015, 12:31:27 pm »
It's been a while, but Ramza's Squire abilities are awesome. He learns some unique skills and has the opportunity to learn Ultima.

Does anyone have access to the Samurai yet? They've got some really strong abilities that make groups fall quickly.

I always make sure everyone earns the Teleport ability from the Time Mage class. It makes traveling so much easier.

Truthfully, the possibilities are endless. Even the sillier classes like the Geomancer and the Oracle have their uses. If you really want to break the game, you can have characters become Mathematicians and watch as every enemy on the map collapses after a few turns. I can't recall the specifics, but if you search on a gaming website about it, you'll see how they can break the game. It'd make those random battles end quicker.