Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1664493 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6585 on: March 24, 2015, 03:32:35 pm »
Kash/Anyone else who has played FFT

Just finished Part III.

How does Part IV compare? I know its the last chapter and there are a bunch of battles and sidequests (finally). But part III flew by in the matter of only a few hours. Am I looking for another long haul like part I or will this be over relatively quickly?

It's been a hot minute, but I recall it not being too long. You should be finished with it before you know it. The final boss looks intimidating, but is a pushover when you know what you're doing. By then you should have access to most/all of the good classes.

soera

« Reply #6586 on: March 24, 2015, 03:51:03 pm »
I found some of my shit in a pawn shop. It's a sad day. I didn't think she would sink so low.

At least I got all of my NES games out early. I still have those.

Ask to speak to the manager. Show them an ID that you and her have the same last name and that the items were supposed to be pawned and not sold.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6587 on: March 24, 2015, 04:53:04 pm »
I found some of my shit in a pawn shop. It's a sad day. I didn't think she would sink so low.

Ouch. Can't claim it as stoken property, either, since it's a divorce, huh?

Depending on local laws, most pawn shops *have* to (and, in the areas where they don't legally *have* to) they always...repeat *always* will still let you buy back the exact items...for exactly the amount that they paid for them (no. you shouldn't ever *have* to do this), -but- this is going to be the one & only time that their cheapness will be on your side.

Here's how:

- if you can, bring the receipt for the transaction; if you can't, try to bring her (as the "seller") with you...obviously, having both her & the receipt wouldn't hurt!

- read, adapt, and improvise accordingly for the person & their attitude

- if necessary (and even if not), it never hurts to (nicely but firmly) demand to speak/deal with only a boss/manager.

Here, you can do whatever is the most comfortable for you (and the most appropriate); you may have to pick & choose or use them in a escalating order:

* Tell the truth. Bring her with you, say what she did & why, and nicely let them know that you're expecting no hassle in repaying what they gave her,

* don't bring her with you (or do - it doesn't really matter), and say that they were mistakenly sold/the wrong items pulled out of a box or something,

* stay civil, polite, and unwavering,

* say they were stolen - none of these stores want to be tagged with that.  Decide beforehand (if you're unwilling to bring/blame your wife) *who* did it OR you don't know who did it but it happened when...(you didn't lock your doors, nobody in the house, etc)

* If/when all else fails (I've never heard of it going beyond this bit...it could);

- If you're friends, related to, or know any cops,civil/gov't law enforcement, bring em with you

- If not...

...*convince!* them that - in spite of being very reluctant to/and having really hoped that you wouldn't have had to...that you're going directly to the police (to inform them of a store that buys (*Receives*) stolen property.

It's never (that I've ever heard of or known) went to the point of anyone actually having to do this...just *Sell* them on that well enough so that they're thinking that you're serious and will actually do so

Obviously - the sooner the better, before it's been long enough for them to sell (or even plausibly *say* that they've) resold any/all of it!

There was a court order that she was served with that said she could not sell any marital property. She's in contempt of court. Sucks for her. Contempt of court is pretty much spitting in a judge's face. They don't like it too well. What I found was my doubles totes. My Retropalooza sell pile. I bought it once just to sell. It wouldn't be worth it to buy back just to sell. It'll be a small price to pay for her to spend at least 1 night in jail.

bobster

« Reply #6588 on: March 24, 2015, 05:16:22 pm »

Ouch. Can't claim it as stoken property, either, since it's a divorce, huh?

Depending on local laws, most pawn shops *have* to (and, in the areas where they don't legally *have* to) they always...repeat *always* will still let you buy back the exact items...for exactly the amount that they paid for them (no. you shouldn't ever *have* to do this), -but- this is going to be the one & only time that their cheapness will be on your side.

Here's how:

- if you can, bring the receipt for the transaction; if you can't, try to bring her (as the "seller") with you...obviously, having both her & the receipt wouldn't hurt!

- read, adapt, and improvise accordingly for the person & their attitude

- if necessary (and even if not), it never hurts to (nicely but firmly) demand to speak/deal with only a boss/manager.

Here, you can do whatever is the most comfortable for you (and the most appropriate); you may have to pick & choose or use them in a escalating order:

* Tell the truth. Bring her with you, say what she did & why, and nicely let them know that you're expecting no hassle in repaying what they gave her,

* don't bring her with you (or do - it doesn't really matter), and say that they were mistakenly sold/the wrong items pulled out of a box or something,

* stay civil, polite, and unwavering,

* say they were stolen - none of these stores want to be tagged with that.  Decide beforehand (if you're unwilling to bring/blame your wife) *who* did it OR you don't know who did it but it happened when...(you didn't lock your doors, nobody in the house, etc)

* If/when all else fails (I've never heard of it going beyond this bit...it could);

- If you're friends, related to, or know any cops,civil/gov't law enforcement, bring em with you

- If not...

...*convince!* them that - in spite of being very reluctant to/and having really hoped that you wouldn't have had to...that you're going directly to the police (to inform them of a store that buys (*Receives*) stolen property.

It's never (that I've ever heard of or known) went to the point of anyone actually having to do this...just *Sell* them on that well enough so that they're thinking that you're serious and will actually do so

Obviously - the sooner the better, before it's been long enough for them to sell (or even plausibly *say* that they've) resold any/all of it!

There was a court order that she was served with that said she could not sell any marital property. She's in contempt of court. Sucks for her. Contempt of court is pretty much spitting in a judge's face. They don't like it too well. What I found was my doubles totes. My Retropalooza sell pile. I bought it once just to sell. It wouldn't be worth it to buy back just to sell. It'll be a small price to pay for her to spend at least 1 night in jail.
Well I'm glad to hear there's at least repercussions for her acting like that. Really sad to see things have gone so south between you two though.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

kashell

« Reply #6589 on: March 25, 2015, 08:20:56 am »
I had barely any HD Noire time last night, but we did binge watch more Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Tina Fey is magnificent. She's one of the few "famous" people that would actually cause me to be star struck if I ever got the chance to meet her. Her book is wonderful and if anyone needs a funny read, I highly recommend it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6590 on: March 25, 2015, 09:37:43 am »
KASHELL

And/Or Anyone else who plays on a Vita/Tv & hunts & likes trophies!

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/hyperdevotion-noire-goddess-black-heart/262414-help-please.html#post5057876[/quote]

PLEASE check out this link.  I've only received 1 reply -but- it seems to be more prevalent on Vitas...?

Thanks  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #6591 on: March 25, 2015, 09:54:45 am »
It'd be my pleasure!

*clicks*

"Hi! Guess what? This site is blocked. Because it's about video games. Even though it's not a site that allows you to play video games, the fact that it has to do with information about them means that we are going to block it. Because we're stupid like that. By the way, be sure to ask the other employees next to you how they are liking having non-stop access to sites like YouTube and Facebook. Those site are available. Why? Don't question it! We're right! If you don't like it, I'm telling on you!"

*sigh*

I'll look when I get home. ^^

abe

« Reply #6592 on: March 25, 2015, 11:09:12 am »
KASHELL

And/Or Anyone else who plays on a Vita/Tv & hunts & likes trophies!

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/hyperdevotion-noire-goddess-black-heart/262414-help-please.html#post5057876

PLEASE check out this link.  I've only received 1 reply -but- it seems to be more prevalent on Vitas...?

Thanks  ;D

Replied to your post and sent you a PM. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6593 on: March 25, 2015, 11:19:45 am »
^    ^     ^

Thanks!

I've replied to both of your replies...

*TAG*!

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6594 on: March 25, 2015, 11:41:28 am »
Ugh. These damn random battles in FFT will be the death of me. Just trying to do side stuff before advancing the story and all the random battles from walking around are such a pain in the ass and slow the game down so much.

bobster

« Reply #6595 on: March 25, 2015, 11:42:23 am »
Ugh. These damn random battles in FFT will be the death of me. Just trying to do side stuff before advancing the story and all the random battles from walking around are such a pain in the ass and slow the game down so much.
They really are terrible. I think you can turn them off with a gameshark though if you'd like.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6596 on: March 25, 2015, 11:43:18 am »
They really are terrible. I think you can turn them off with a gameshark though if you'd like.

Really? That would be interesting. Too bad I dont have a GS for the PS1. Its nice to grind and was fun to help me learn the game the first Chapter but now I'm just like over it.

kashell

« Reply #6597 on: March 25, 2015, 11:47:27 am »

As in side-stuff, do you mean the jobs you can take at the pubs? Just save your game after you accept the quest. When you venture out, count the number of days you need to be gone in order to get them over with. If you get into a battle, restart. Find two towns to walk between. That will help speed things up substantially, too.

The random battles never bothered me until I started going head to head with a party of Red Chocobos. Seriously, f*** those things. Choco Meteor is evil.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6598 on: March 25, 2015, 11:53:47 am »

As in side-stuff, do you mean the jobs you can take at the pubs? Just save your game after you accept the quest. When you venture out, count the number of days you need to be gone in order to get them over with. If you get into a battle, restart. Find two towns to walk between. That will help speed things up substantially, too.

The random battles never bothered me until I started going head to head with a party of Red Chocobos. Seriously, f*** those things. Choco Meteor is evil.

Maybe in this case.

However, once 1 of your Chocos gets this in the FFX/X-2 remasters (in the "Monster Arena")...Well; good and/or evil aside - good times abound  ;D

kashell

« Reply #6599 on: March 25, 2015, 12:10:16 pm »
I still haven't gotten around to playing that. ~_~() I'm one of the few folks who didn't like FFX at all but couldn't get enough of FFX-2.